Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,987

    Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

    Let's try this a different way. Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

    Would you make this trade Robert 15 when activated. Kirilloff $2 when activated.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Journeyman Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,234
    Seems like those two options are apples and oranges. One guy is likely to contribute for you in 2020 but he's more expensive and less of a profit long term. The other is a long term play with some sacrifice for your 2020 team.

  3. #3
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Big Tymer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,482
    That’s a big deal in salaries. really hard to assess without understand your leagues structure and inflation.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Seems like those two options are apples and oranges. One guy is likely to contribute for you in 2020 but he's more expensive and less of a profit long term. The other is a long term play with some sacrifice for your 2020 team.
    They are free until activated then they count against the following year's salary cap. Robert has no cap hit for 2020 no matter what happens. He will be $15 in 2021 assuming he gets 125 abs or greater.

    Kirilloff might not help like Robert in 2020, but he would be a good trade chip the day after the All Star Game (can't trade prospect until then) in the event I need to make a run.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tymer View Post
    That’s a big deal in salaries. really hard to assess without understand your leagues structure and inflation.
    You are correct. I have a tendency to overlook the salaries as $15 is not much for a stud in the making as well as the "free" aspect for the season at hand. In the event we hook into a $2 stud we get him for 2 years before we can give them a raise at $5 per year (or play them out the 3rd year).

    Once they loose there "freeness" I would effectively get Kirilloff for 2 years at $2 then 2 more years at $12 or 3 more years at $17. This gets me an extra year of Kirilloff and saves three bucks over Robert. So the question becomes which scenario would you rather have?

  6. #6
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Let's try this a different way. Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

    Would you make this trade Robert 15 when activated. Kirilloff $2 when activated.

    Thanks.
    Do you mean your 7th minor league pick? Who is available?

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Do you mean your 7th minor league pick? Who is available?
    Actually we have a 13 round snake draft that happens after the auction. I have the 7th overall pick in the first round. We can choose anyone that is not on an NL team (we are AL only).

    The top prospects are all on rosters. It is a valuable pick, but I do not know who is available yet (I haven't dug deep yet).

  8. #8
    Journeyman Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,234
    Get Robert

  9. #9
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Sharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Deep Blue Sea
    Posts
    2,233
    It’s a tough call but I think you take Robert. I hate the Twins’ development process and slow station-to-station development timing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •