2019-20 Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    It's now being reported that the Twins have backed out of the deal.
    Twins - Not backing out of the deal - won't change the original deal. There is a difference.

Boston is backing out of the deal.

Comment

• I’m cheering for the Twins from now on unless they’re playing the Brewers.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush View Post
        Twins - Not backing out of the deal - won't change the original deal. There is a difference.

Boston is backing out of the deal.
        Rotoworld reported it as the Twins pulling out. May have been a typo. Have to wait and see if they change their blurb as they are known to do on a regular basis.

Now there are conflicting reports about what is happening.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rotoworld reported it as the Twins pulling out. May have been a typo. Have to wait and see if they change their blurb as they are known to do on a regular basis.

Now there are conflicting reports about what is happening.
          The Twins were sticking to the ORIGINAL DEAL, not backing out at all. It's the Red Sox who wanted to change the deal, after it all had been agreed to by all sides. The Rotoworld blurb was probably written by a low level staffer working on the weekend...not parsing his or her words carefully.

Clown show work by Bloom after feeling the heat from Boston fans and media...I used to be somewhat of a Red Sox fan, no longer. I hope all sides of this deal now blow up in their face...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            The Twins were sticking to the ORIGINAL DEAL, not backing out at all. It's the Red Sox who wanted to change the deal, after it all had been agreed to by all sides. The Rotoworld blurb was probably written by a low level staffer working on the weekend...not parsing his or her words carefully.

Clown show work by Bloom after feeling the heat from Boston fans and media...I used to be somewhat of a Red Sox fan, no longer. I hope all sides of this deal now blow up in their face...
            All deals are made pending physicals by the players who are involved. Pretty simple stuff...don't pass the physical...and the trade is voided. The Red Sox want to come up with a solution to prevent the trade from being voided. It does look suspicious that a top prospect like Graterol wasn't able to make a start after returning from injury last season and then subsequently offered in a trade during the off-season. It does seem like the Twins just got caught trying to peddle damaged goods.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

All deals are made pending physicals by the players who are involved. Pretty simple stuff...don't pass the physical...and the trade is voided. The Red Sox want to come up with a solution to prevent the trade from being voided. It does look suspicious that a top prospect like Graterol wasn't able to make a start after returning from injury last season and then subsequently offered in a trade during the off-season. It does seem like the Twins just got caught trying to peddle damaged goods.
              Medicals are exchanged prior to agreements, then clubs are allowed to go deeper if there's an issue. Boston knew what every other club in the league did: Graterol had TJ, had a shoulder impingement, and missed considerable time while recovering. None of this was a secret, and Minnesota certainly wasn't trying to "peddle damaged goods". Again, it was public knowledge, not just inside the industry gossip. Nothing suspicious in the least, it was all done in the light of day.

The trade was off when the Twins wouldn't agree to either add another player to the deal, or to upgrade the player going to Boston, rumored to want Jordan Balazovich at this point.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Looks like it's come together in a different way.

Comment

• Cubs sign 2B Jason Kipnis to a minor league contract with a $1 million salary plus incentives if he makes the Major League roster.

Mariners sign OF Carlos Gonzalez to a minor league contract with a $750,000 salary if he makes the Major League roster.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Recapping the trades from the last several days:

PADRES ACQUIRE:
                    RP Emelio Pagan
                    RAYS ACQUIRE:
                    OF Manuel Margot
                    C/OF Logan Driscoll

TWINS ACQUIRE:
                    SP Kenta Maeda
                    C Jair Camargo
                    cash considerations ($10 million)
                    DODGERS ACQUIRE:
                    RP Brusdar Graterol
                    OF Luke Raley
                    competitive balance pick in the 2020 draft

RED SOX ACQUIRE:
                    OF Alex Verdugo
                    C Connor Wong
                    SS Jeter Downs
                    DODGERS ACQUIRE
                    OF Mookie Betts (free agent November 2020)
                    SP David Price (Red Sox paying half of $32 million x 3 years)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      I need them to sign Jarrod Dyson as that guy
                      that was post 238, "them" is the Pirates - and my ship just came in!
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Mariners sign SP Taijuan Walker for 1 year/$2 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• That makes a lot of sense. They’ll need to work with him, but he gets a chance to rebuild value and velocity and Seattle doesn’t have to expose all their young arms to MLB bats and schedule.

Comment

• Red Sox sign OF Kevin Pillar for 1 year/$4.25 million.
                            Last edited by madducks; 02-14-2020, 10:07 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Red Sox sign OF Kevin Pillar for 1 year/$4 million.
                              JBJ worried?

Comment

• Brewers sign infielder/outfielder Brock Holt. No terms announced yet.
                                Last edited by madducks; 02-17-2020, 11:37 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X