2019-20 Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Cishek's a very nice signing by the White Sox. Much as I hate giving the Orioles credit for anything, getting Iglesias on that deal is really smart.
    Cubs are so pathetic that they wouldn't top that.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I agree that $6 million for a capable backup closer is a bargain these days.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tigers sign SP Ivan Nova for 1 year/$1.5 million.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rangers sign 1B/3B Todd Frazier for 1 year/$3.5 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            They are waiting for dollar days.

Stars and scrubs seems to be the plan.

Comment

• Twins sign INF Miguel Sano to a 3-year, $30 million extension with a $14 million club option for 2023.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Braves sign INF/OF Yangervis Solarte to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today says Solarte will receive $1 million if in the majors.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants sign SP Drew Smyly for 1 year/$4 million.
                  Last edited by madducks; 01-16-2020, 05:26 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another cagey LHP in SF. He's going on 31 but he still strikes people out. If they can get the control issues under control he can be an innings eater.

I'm not touching him with a stick.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Braves sign soon-to-be 34 year old SP Felix Hernandez to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Jon Heyman of MLB Network says that King Felix will earn $1 million if in the majors.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Braves sign soon-to-be 34 year old SP Felix Hernandez to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Jon Heyman of MLB Network says that King Felix will earn $1 million if in the majors.
                        this has a Steve Carlton feel to it. I'd love for him to come back and be successful, but after watching the last few years I'm doubtful. Hard to believe he is only 34
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It's always hard to believe how fast players age.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• HQ Baseball Forecaster has his last two years R$ value at -10 and -8.

they project -7 for 2020, before the signing - and really find no nugget of hope in the peripherals.

my typical answer is nominate him early to drain some units from the pool - but in almost any format, you risk being the cricket-eer in this case.

#hehadagoodrun
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              this has a Steve Carlton feel to it. I'd love for him to come back and be successful, but after watching the last few years I'm doubtful. Hard to believe he is only 34
                              It's not the age, it's the mileage.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ozuna to the Braves -- 1 year/$18 million. Surprised he didn't get a multi-year deal but could be betting on himself and thinking he can put up big numbers in that lineup (which seems plausible) and get a bigger deal next offseason. Very nice get by the Braves.

Comment

Working...
                                X