No announcement yet.

2019-20 Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Sox sign pitcher Martin Perez for 1 year/$6 million.

Red Sox sign middle infielder/outfielder Jose Peraza for 1 year/$3 million.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Brewers sign LHP Brett Anderson to a one-year contract.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jeff Passan reporting that Corey Kluber has been traded to the Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Jeff Passan reporting that Corey Kluber has been traded to the Rangers
          Ken Rosenthal reporting Delino Deshields Jr and Emmanuel Clase (RHP) are heading to the Indians. Seems light to me, maybe there's more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Ken Rosenthal reporting Delino Deshields Jr and Emmanuel Clase (RHP) are heading to the Indians. Seems light to me, maybe there's more.
            No that’s all it was. Very light, even if you are as high on Clase as I am.

Comment

MadBum to the Dbacks - 5yrs, $85m. Should have a couple solid years left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                No that’s all it was. Very light, even if you are as high on Clase as I am.
                Perhaps but Kluber pitched very badly last season.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                  Perhaps but Kluber pitched very badly last season.
                  He pitched only 35 innings. For a guy who routinely exceeds 200 innings, that’s the epitome of small sample.

Comment

I thought it was pretty known that Kluber was a slow starter. Isn't April his worst month?

Comment

• For all the teams looking for pitching, nobody could beat a reliever and Deshields? Plus the Indians are sending some cash I believe. This is a real head scratcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by eephus View Post
                        Lyles, Gibson, Lynn, Minor and Allard is a decent rotation albeit one prone for some negative regression.
                        Rangers rotation now:

Kluber
                        Minor
                        Lyles
                        Lynn
                        Gibson

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Rangers rotation now:

Kluber
                          Minor
                          Lyles
                          Lynn
                          Gibson
                          Best rotation they have had in... well honestly I don’t remember a better one which is sad.

Side note, I don’t think Lyles is ahead of Lynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            For all the teams looking for pitching, nobody could beat a reliever and Deshields? Plus the Indians are sending some cash I believe. This is a real head scratcher.
                            I agree. Klubot is the man. I hope he crushes it in 2020. I was a default Cleveland fan for awhile, with Kluber, Lindor, and Brantley in the fold. Loved what they had built for a minute there. But now 2/3 are gone, and rumors are they are foolishly thinking of dealing Lindor, who they should keep at all cost. He should be the face of their franchise. The love he has for the game paired with his skills--you dream of a guy like that being the heart of your team. I get trading Kluber if it had to be done, but not for this return.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              For all the teams looking for pitching, nobody could beat a reliever and Deshields? Plus the Indians are sending some cash I believe. This is a real head scratcher.
                              He's in the final year of his contract, which was 6/60. Even if Cleveland pulls some of the weight, that's an expensive roll of the dice.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                He's in the final year of his contract, which was 6/60. Even if Cleveland pulls some of the weight, that's an expensive roll of the dice.

J
                                That's incorrect, his contract has club options for both 2020 and 2021. Not a rental.

Also his ~$18m contract is considered low compared to what he would go for on the open market, so it's odd to call it an "expensive roll of the dice". It's high for Cleveland, who is trying to shed salary, but for an average team, nah, that's not a big contract for your SP1.

Comment

Working...
                                X