No announcement yet.

Offseason Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are all the Betts trade rumors with the NL!!??

signed AL only Betts owners everywhere.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic said on MLB Network on Monday that a Mookie Betts trade "is going to happen," possibly on Monday or Tuesday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox are expected to name bench coach Ron Roenicke their new manager after MLB concludes its investigation into the team's alleged sign-stealing in 2018.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox are expected to name bench coach Ron Roenicke their new manager after MLB concludes its investigation into the team's alleged sign-stealing in 2018.
          Because everything worked out great last time they hired a bench coach to be their manager!

Comment

According to Mike Puma and Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, the Yankees have contacted the Mets regarding a possible trade for Steven Matz.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rumors have the Tigers as the front runners for Correa.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Start the season with a big one.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'm guessing he's not pleased with the offer or lack thereof from the Yankees. Recent discussion:

"Derek Jeter, how many Gold Gloves did he win?," Correa asked. "Five, I think he won. ... Derek Jeter didn't deserve any."

Jeter won the American League Gold Glove at shortstop in 2004-06 and 2009-10.

Correa references fielding analytics, citing Jeter's career minus-165 Defensive Runs Saved, per Baseball-Reference.
                  Not that Correa is wrong, but one would think he'd not want to burn bridges with Yankees fans if he was seriously considering going there....
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

There is a lot of talk in Detroit on getting a SS and Correa name comes up every time. Most of the Detroit media thinks it will cost $300 mil for 10 yrs. It is very possible that Ilitch and Avila will offer him that contract and with Hinch managing the Tigers it is very possible that Correa could sign with the Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      There is a lot of talk in Detroit on getting a SS and Correa name comes up every time. Most of the Detroit media thinks it will cost $300 mil for 10 yrs. It is very possible that Ilitch and Avila will offer him that contract and with Hinch managing the Tigers it is very possible that Correa could sign with the Tigers.
                      Is overperforming in a contract year still a myth?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Is overperforming in a contract year still a myth?
                        I would hope so. It suggests that a player is *not* performing optimally in non-contract years.

Wasn't Correa basically the same player in 2021 that he was in 2016 and 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I would hope so. It suggests that a player is *not* performing optimally in non-contract years.

Wasn't Correa basically the same player in 2021 that he was in 2016 and 2017?
                          Yeah it's 2018-2020 Im wondering about. The myth is they arent putting out optimal effort (like running harder on a ground ball to third base or something) in the middle years of the contract. I just find it is curious that he comes up with his biggest year just in time to get paid for it. Doesn't make it right.

ETA: IN Correa's case Im sure it has to do with the many injuries he has had to endure. Forgive me I like to think out loud here sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Yeah it's 2018-2020 Im wondering about. The myth is they arent putting out optimal effort (like running harder on a ground ball to third base or something) in the middle years of the contract. I just find it is curious that he comes up with his biggest year just in time to get paid for it. Doesn't make it right.

ETA: IN Correa's case Im sure it has to do with the many injuries he has had to endure. Forgive me I like to think out loud here sometimes.
                            You are right, it was very likely the injuries.

For every player who has a great year in their contract year there are several who don't. We just don't talk about it, because they aren't interesting. Or sometimes we do (cough Trevor Story)

Comment

According to Yancen Pujols of El Caribe, the Rays have made a long-term extension offer to Wander Franco.

Pujols hears that the proposed contract is for 10 years and would be worth between $150-200 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                According to Yancen Pujols of El Caribe, the Rays have made a long-term extension offer to Wander Franco.

Pujols hears that the proposed contract is for 10 years and would be worth between $150-200 million.
                                Call me a cynic, but that sure makes me believe the owners are foreseeing changes in arb/free agency that'll cost them more money earlier in players careers.

OTOH, even if it's on the low end, that's still life-changing money.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X