Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Offseason Rumor Thread

2019-20 Offseason Rumor Thread

Put all da rumors here!

According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune, the Padres are planning to pursue Stephen Strasburg this offseason. Strasburg had $100 million left on his 7-year, $175 million deal with the Nationals, so he's looking for more guaranteed money. The Padres, in addition to offering the Southern California native some familiarity, could write a big check for the second offseason in a row.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Big Tymer's Avatar
    Apparently both his parents and his wifeís parents live in SD. Canít see how this doesnít factor into his decision given he now has a ring and SD is the best place in the US to live. No brainer to me over DC especially if Rendon walks.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tymer View Post
    Apparently both his parents and his wife’s parents live in SD. Can’t see how this doesn’t factor into his decision given he now has a ring and SD is the best place in the US to live. No brainer to me over DC especially if Rendon walks.
    Unless of course he doesn't get along with them. Then farther is better.

But I do agree that this seems like a no brainer.

Clint Frazier seems to be an obvious choice for Yankee trade bait. Is anyone sniffing?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Clint Frazier seems to be an obvious choice for Yankee trade bait. Is anyone sniffing?
    Can't imagine anyone would pay much if so. He has been terrible. Especially in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Can't imagine anyone would pay much if so. He has been terrible. Especially in the field.
    His defense has been substandard for a guy with some speed, but the bat has been respectable--.267/.317/.489, 12 HR in 246 PA. It's enough to make you wonder what he would do with regular playing time.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    His defense has been substandard for a guy with some speed, but the bat has been respectable--.267/.317/.489, 12 HR in 246 PA. It's enough to make you wonder what he would do with regular playing time.
    I'm not really that impressed with a .267/.317/.478 line. And I'm not really seeing speed.

Looks like a 4th outfielder or a platoon bat at best (his splits against LHP were terrible last year).

Outside of the name recognition for being a Yankee, how is he significantly different than a guy like Jake Cave?
    Last edited by Ken; 11-07-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I'm not really that impressed with a .267/.317/.478 line. And I'm not really seeing speed.

Looks like a 4th outfielder or a platoon bat at best (his splits against LHP were terrible last year).

Outside of the name recognition for being a Yankee, how is he significantly different than a guy like Jake Cave?
    You mean 26 year old Jake Cave that plays for Minn. The one who made it through dollar days in our AL only 12 team 5x5 and managed to get through about 15 free picks in the reserve round only to find himself a sweet sweet bench role on the Hard Boiled Gregg's? That Jake Cave?

He has more potential than Clint Frazier.

Hall of Famer
    Read Atlanta is going to make a hard push for MadBum.