No announcement yet.

Offseason Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates OF Starling Marte suggested to Hector Gomez of Deportivo Z 101 that he would like to be traded to a contending team this winter.

The 31-year-old outfielder is due $11.5 million next season and carries a $12.5 million club option for 2021. There's known to be interest from the Mets, and Marte told Gomez that it "would be an honor to play with them."
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rumor that the Brewer's Josh Hader is available for trade.

Comment

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, teams interested in right-hander Gerrit Cole have been asked to submit offers by early next week.

The Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Phillies and Rangers are among the interested teams. Let the bidding war begin.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bob Klapisch of the New York Times reports that the Yankees have a seven-year, $245 million contract offer on the table for Gerrit Cole.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

As a Gavin Lux owner in an only league I have been very nervous about the rumors trading him to the AL.

I was glad to see rotoworld reporting that the Dodgers will not be trading him.

Comment

our Dustin May owner posted a note on our league website begging the Dodgers not to trade May to AL.

the offseason angst in "only leagues" is a feature, not a bug
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sounds like they're really going to trade Lindor...……….
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Sounds like they're really going to trade Lindor...……….
                  there isn't a haul big enough for me to get on board with trading Lindor

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    there isn't a haul big enough for me to get on board with trading Lindor
                    That can't be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      That can't be correct.
                      True

But a couple of high ranking prospects doesn’t excite me

Comment

Cardinals and Rockies having some serious discussions about Arenado.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Cardinals and Rockies having some serious discussions about Arenado.
                          As a Arenado owner, I am anxious about his departure from Coors. I keep telling myself he is an elite hitter, and it won't make much of a difference for him. It probably won't, but I still would like to see him stay there. It does not look like that will happen.

Comment

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Cubs have "considered/discussed" Jacoby Ellsbury.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There's rumors that the Astros could be on the verge of hiring Dusty Baker to be their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, the Pirates are considering free agents Kevin Pillar, Billy Hamilton, and Cameron Maybin for their center field opening.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X