AFL Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    They are always a mix of multiple teams right?
    Correct.

I misspoke. The Surprise Saguaros were runners-up and they relied heavily on KC talent. A pretty decent Royals LHP prospect, Daniel Lynch started the championship game and finished with a no decision. Also important were two RP and Kyle Isabel--CF and lead off. Lynch and Isabel are both worth watching, but not top drawer talent.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Correct.

I misspoke. The Surprise Saguaros were runners-up and they relied heavily on KC talent. A pretty decent Royals LHP prospect, Daniel Lynch started the championship game and finished with a no decision. Also important were two RP and Kyle Isabel--CF and lead off. Lynch and Isabel are both worth watching, but not top drawer talent.

J
      For me, that's a weird way to look at it. Lynch was not among their top 3 starters - Otto (NYY), Sharp (Nats), and Kremer (Balt) carried the team on the pitching side.

Isbel definitely got on base at a good rate, and he's likely the offensive MVP for that team. But he was the only Royal of consequence on the hitting side, Travis Jones was terrible and Brewer Hicklen was worse. Gabriel Cancel hit .094.

To me it looks like a team full of Yankees and Nationals talent which the Royals, Orioles, and Rangers tagged along on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        For me, that's a weird way to look at it. Lynch was not among their top 3 starters - Otto (NYY), Sharp (Nats), and Kremer (Balt) carried the team on the pitching side.

Isbel definitely got on base at a good rate, and he's likely the offensive MVP for that team. But he was the only Royal of consequence on the hitting side, Travis Jones was terrible and Brewer Hicklen was worse. Gabriel Cancel hit .094.

To me it looks like a team full of Yankees and Nationals talent which the Royals, Orioles, and Rangers tagged along on.
        Fair enough. The Yankees and Nats are elite teams and the Rangers, Orioles and Royals are not. There is an article on the Nats in the league.

Also, Lynch was considered the top LHP for the whole league, not just the team. But, as you say, that's two players.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
        X