Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank these Prospects for 2020 and then beyond.

well, yeah, that's my thinking - find rivals who think they can get value in those reservee picks by adding minor leaguers.

aside from the sui generis of Kuechel/Kimbrel - only one of whom worked out ok -this strikes me as fool's gold.

even at 5-S2 until after they lose their rookie eligibility, I find that my 2nd-round farm picks in April - no one in anyone's top 100 will be available - are fungible and will gladly trade them away to a dreamer...
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

2020 candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10, Eflin 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 1O Belt 10, 1O Beaty 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, Dyson 8

Hall of Famer
    It is "free" money. Until last year we could only keep 3 prospects. But we could keep them at there drafted price until they were activated.

It is better to use that $15 first round pick on potential or perceived potential than a Tyler Duffy or Trevor Cahill. So all of the Top prospects are grabbed in our league. The reason that many of them are now $15 is that the league used to wait until the $5 round, then a couple of savvy owners inflated those when they started scarfing them in the $10 round. Soon it became apparent that if you wanted the top talent you better grab them in the first round.

The reason you see $5 or $10 rookie in today's economy is that they were taken years ago when they first appeared on someone's list. In my case I drafted Kirilloff in the $2 round about 3 years ago. I ended up trading him to make a 2017 run. I traded back for him last year when I dumped. He was one of my 3 keeps over a few years.

I would be shocked if there were more than a couple of names that are available on anyone's top 100 list. That is why last year I traded away my #1 pick for a keeper. I may do so this year as well.

That is how we came to my question of how you rank Adell , Kirilloff, and Robert. Thinking about offering Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

In the meantime I have been offered a $27A Tim Anderson and pick 1.11 for Kirilloff.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post

That is how we came to my question of how you rank Adell , Kirilloff, and Robert. Thinking about offering Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

In the meantime I have been offered a $27A Tim Anderson and pick 1.11 for Kirilloff.
    Anyone else care to give an opinion?

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Big Tymer's Avatar
    Adell > Robert > Kirilloff is how I see it. I own Adell and Kirilloff in an AL and passed on Robert a few years back to take Lewis. Jury out on whether that was the right call but Adell to me is a future 5-Tool stud. I’ve had mixed success at best with Latin prospects so after many years I will always favor the domestic option all things behind equal

Double-A
    I like Robert over Adell. I think Adell is still a few years off from MLB even with Calhoun's contract not getting picked up. Robert is going to be a top 25 roto pick by this time next year.

I hope so, since Robert is contracted for 2020 + 3 years.

Where does Wander rank? I have him for 2020 + 2 years.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I hope so, since Robert is contracted for 2020 + 3 years.

Where does Wander rank? I have him for 2020 + 2 years.

J
    umm... so answer for you...until you answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    I like Robert over Adell. I think Adell is still a few years off from MLB even with Calhoun's contract not getting picked up. Robert is going to be a top 25 roto pick by this time next year.
    Adell is a few years off? That cannot be correct. He already got a taste of AAA in 2019. He will reach the bigs in 2020, the question is simply how quickly he's up.

Double-A
    I didn't realize Adell had made it to AAA. But looking at his entire 2019 season, it doesn't look that impressive to me. But I do agree that Adell could be called up at some point next season, but only when the Angels decide to throw in the towel.
    If I owned Adell, I would rather him spend 2020 in AAA and not waste a year on his contract at the MLB level as I doubt he will provide much value.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    I didn't realize Adell had made it to AAA. But looking at his entire 2019 season, it doesn't look that impressive to me. But I do agree that Adell could be called up at some point next season, but only when the Angels decide to throw in the towel.
    If I owned Adell, I would rather him spend 2020 in AAA and not waste a year on his contract at the MLB level as I doubt he will provide much value.
    It feels like you are missing it on Adell. He's a top 5 prospect in all of baseball by all accounts that I've seen.