Candy Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy Bars

Trick or Treats go from 3:00 to 7:00 today. I will be the one handing out the candy today. Mostly bite sized Snickers, Skittles, and Peanut Butter something or other.

As I was sampling the Snickers I thought it would take about 10 these to make up one full sized bar. I wouldn't want to eat 10.

This led to me wondering when is the last time I had a full sized candy bar (frozen ice cream does not count). I really don't know, but I think it has been years. It was most likely a Kit Kat.

When is the last time you had a full sized candy bar and what was it?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Trick or Treats go from 3:00 to 7:00 today. I will be the one handing out the candy today. Mostly bite sized Snickers, Skittles, and Peanut Butter something or other.

As I was sampling the Snickers I thought it would take about 10 these to make up one full sized bar. I wouldn't want to eat 10.

This led to me wondering when is the last time I had a full sized candy bar (frozen ice cream does not count). I really don't know, but I think it has been years. It was most likely a Kit Kat.

When is the last time you had a full sized candy bar and what was it?
    Dark Chocolate Kit Kat, yesterday. I don't normally partake either, but damn....the thing was just there calling to me. I blame the candy bar.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      Dark Chocolate Kit Kat, yesterday. I don't normally partake either, but damn....the thing was just there calling to me. I blame the candy bar.
      Yep and the little ones are the worst. They say I am small how much can it hurt?

Comment

Do Reese's Pieces count? I had one of those last week at the movies. If not, I probably had a Snickers about a month ago.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Fucking candy bars....
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Trick or Treating

1970s: no adult supervision, pillow cases, unlimited time to knock on doors, chance (with just slight costume change) to double back on the best of the 100+ houses you hit the first time without getting caught.

2010s: adults with invisible 15-foot leash on you, those tiny plastic pumpkins, very limited time - and often the dreaded "Trunk or Treat" in the school parking lot.

1970s for the win.

I like my full-sized bars frozen. Twix are particularly good, but I do have a Kit Kat in there now. The Baby Ruth, Oh Henry types are a mouthful these days.

oh my favorite in the 1970s was the long-forgotten Rally bar

http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/rally_bar
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Trick or Treating

1970s: no adult supervision, pillow cases, unlimited time to knock on doors, chance (with just slight costume change) to double back on the best of the 100+ houses you hit the first time without getting caught.

2010s: adults with invisible 15-foot leash on you, those tiny plastic pumpkins, very limited time - and often the dreaded "Trunk or Treat" in the school parking lot.

1970s for the win.

I like my full-sized bars frozen. Twix are particularly good, but I do have a Kit Kat in there now. The Baby Ruth, Oh Henry types are a mouthful these days.

You'd think a candy bar named Rally would always be able to fight back.

Comment

Trick or Treating

1970s for the win.

Butterfinger and Heath Bars were the mother load in the late 60's.

Comment

Grandson came home last night had two regular sized Kit Kats and one regular sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in his bag. I have not seen that since I was a kid.

Comment

Grandson came home last night had two regular sized Kit Kats and one regular sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in his bag. I have not seen that since I was a kid.
                    So, if Gregg's grandson came home with 3 regular-sized candy bars and Gregg sees this.......how many regular-sized candy bars does Gregg's grandson have now?

Comment

You had a grandson as a kid?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        You had a grandson as a kid?
                        My role models were JFK, Elvis, TV version of Dean Martin, and James Bond so maybe.

Comment

So, if Gregg's grandson came home with 3 regular-sized candy bars and Gregg sees this.......how many regular-sized candy bars does Gregg's grandson have now?
                          Negative 3??

Speaking from a Grandfather's perspective, you must dutifully check your child's candy.
                          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                            Negative 3??

Speaking from a Grandfather's perspective, you must dutifully check your child's candy.
                            Hey, Vec! Long time no see!

Comment

Trick or Treating

1970s for the win.
                              LOL, you're such a sour grouch sometimes.

I was with my 8-year-old last night, and my 11-year-old and her friend were with her friend's parents, but they had massive sacks of candy and tons of time to hit any and every house they wanted, plus a few hours after they voluntarily retired from Trick or Treating to sort and trade candy and play while the adults enjoyed adult beverages on the porch. All-in-all, as much as I loved Trick or Treating in the 1970's and 1980's, last night was a blast. And they got some large bags of gummies, full-sized candy bars, adults offering the opportunity for massive handfuls of goodies, and lots of incredible decorations, music, fog machines, adults giving out candy in costumes, etc. It was awesome, despite that half of it was in the rain. Trick or Treating still rocks!

Comment

Working...
                              X