Candy Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    LOL, you're such a sour grouch sometimes.

I was with my 8-year-old last night, and my 11-year-old and her friend were with her friend's parents, but they had massive sacks of candy and tons of time to hit any and every house they wanted, plus a few hours after they voluntarily retired from Trick or Treating to sort and trade candy and play while the adults enjoyed adult beverages on the porch. All-in-all, as much as I loved Trick or Treating in the 1970's and 1980's, last night was a blast. And they got some large bags of gummies, full-sized candy bars, adults offering the opportunity for massive handfuls of goodies, and lots of incredible decorations, music, fog machines, adults giving out candy in costumes, etc. It was awesome, despite that half of it was in the rain. Trick or Treating still rocks!
    Similar experience for my kids, they loved it, and it was very similar to what I remember.

Also, two houses had unique setups, one had a dinner stand where they were passing out hotdogs and nachos to the parents (in addition to candy for the kids), and another had a build your own smores setup - marshmellows, chocolate, crackers, and a flame.

Comment

Our township voted to postpone Trick or Treating to today because of horrendous weather. I wonder how many houses will actually participate.

Meanwhile, today is "75% off Halloween Decorations" day, and I scooped up as much as possible from Home Depot & Target.

Comment

Trick or Treating still rocks!
        Not if you are a grumpy old man !
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Taken after Trick or Treating

Halloween 2019.jpg

Comment

LOL, you're such a sour grouch sometimes.

I was with my 8-year-old last night, and my 11-year-old and her friend were with her friend's parents, but they had massive sacks of candy and tons of time to hit any and every house they wanted, plus a few hours after they voluntarily retired from Trick or Treating to sort and trade candy and play while the adults enjoyed adult beverages on the porch. All-in-all, as much as I loved Trick or Treating in the 1970's and 1980's, last night was a blast. And they got some large bags of gummies, full-sized candy bars, adults offering the opportunity for massive handfuls of goodies, and lots of incredible decorations, music, fog machines, adults giving out candy in costumes, etc. It was awesome, despite that half of it was in the rain. Trick or Treating still rocks!
            sounds great - outside of the noise from all those 'helicopters' hovering around the kids!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
              Negative 3??

Speaking from a Grandfather's perspective, you must dutifully check your child's candy.
              Plus if there are only three big ones I have a much greater chance of getting caught. With the little ones no one notices until you are down to about a 10 count.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Taken after Trick or Treating

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1205[/ATTACH]
                with the weather you guys get I sure am glad I live where I do!!!

says the Canadian ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                X