Fun with Snowblowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Snowblowers

Last year I started my 20 some year old snowblower on Oct, 31. Put fresh gas in it gave it a few pulls, let it run for 20 minutes, shut it down and waited for the first snow.

6-8 inches of wet heavy snow came. I went out and pulled rope for 20 minutes...nothing. Shoveled for the rest of the winter.

I have decided that I am going to go get a small to medium sized Toro. I am going to pay the extra $70 to get the electric start.

We are supposed to get 3-6 tomorrow. Not sure I will be able to get it before the weekend.

Anyone else have fun with snowblowers?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Anyone else have fun with snowblowers?
    Hey, laser lips, your mama was a snow blower

Comment

Shoveled for the rest of the winter.
      I don't believe you

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Hey, laser lips, your mama was a snow blower
        Ok....I laughed at "laser lips".....

I saw the term "bowl of clown lips" used as an insult once on twitter.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I finally gave in and bought a snowblower about 5 years ago. A small 20" gas powered Troy Bilt. It last two seasons before heavy snow must have done something to the blade mechanism, possibly shearing the pin or some other nonsense. So I gave in again and bought a 26" behemoth for about $1300.....and a few months later, my brother-in-law moved and asked if I wanted his identical 26" behemoth -- for $100. I moved to PA but still kept my NJ properties, so one is in PA and one is in NJ. Honestly, I have no idea how I lived without one for so long.

These small engines are very finicky. The gas you put in probably went bad in a couple of months (that just happened to me with my power washer.) Don't make that mistake again -- run the engine dry upon your last use of the season, and don't put new gas in until the first snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            Ok....I laughed at "laser lips".....

I saw the term "bowl of clown lips" used as an insult once on twitter.
            No one got the laser lips reference?

Comment

No one got the laser lips reference?
              I didn't. I did think it was funny.

Comment

How bout now

Comment

How bout now

Not yet.

Comment

Not yet.
                    Thank you, Greg!

Comment

it's also a pain to have to dispose of bad gas... no it's true though. definitely run your machines dry before the next time you are going to use them if it's going to be seasonal. even leaving gas in like a weed whacker with corrode plastic parts like hoses and that plastic primer bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        it's also a pain to have to dispose of bad gas... no it's true though. definitely run your machines dry before the next time you are going to use them if it's going to be seasonal. even leaving gas in like a weed whacker with corrode plastic parts like hoses and that plastic primer bubble.
                        I was just thinking about gas disposal. My gas can has old gas in it and I need to get rid of it. In years past I would dump it in my fire ring and burn it. I don't have that ring anymore. Need to get new gas so when I get the new snowblower I don't ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          it's also a pain to have to dispose of bad gas... .
                          One good fart won't do it?

Comment

One good fart won't do it?
                            Burns blue and not enough bang.

Comment

Burns blue and not enough bang.
                              reminds me of this ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X