Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: I would like your opinion on this anti-impeachment article.

  1. #71
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I am still waiting to hear why it was okay for biden to use $1 billion American dollars as leverage to get an investigation into his son terminated.
    This did not happen. If you believe it did, please cite credible sources to verify. That is, not FB political ads or unfounded speculation that has been verified as inaccurate.

  2. #72
    All Star DMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    This did not happen. If you believe it did, please cite credible sources to verify. That is, not FB political ads or unfounded speculation that has been verified as inaccurate.
    That's why I didn't bother responding.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

    Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

  3. #73
    Triple-A
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    London Ontario Canada
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    I am still waiting to hear why it was okay for biden to use $1 billion American dollars as leverage to get an investigation into his son terminated..
    is this fake?


    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rosecutor.html

  4. #74
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I would like to know that as well.

  5. #75
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I would like to know that as well.
    Here is an Explainer article about what happened. The short of it is Trump went digging for dirt, but didn't bother to look closely at the when and why, because he knew it wouldn't matter to those he told his when and why to. They would believe his version of events, even if all the evidence pointed in the opposite direction: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/

    The short of it is that Biden's son wasn't under investigation at the time, and aid was withheld for the exact opposite reason Trump claims. It was because Shokin wasn't pursuing to root out corruption, which prompted his ouster not just from the US, but from the IMF and European stakeholders.

    Shokin did at one point investigate Burisma, but it was in regards to the Minsitry of Ecology granting them permits from 2012-2014, before Hunter Biden joined them. And again, the international pressure stemmed from a lack of investigations, not the opposite. This has been corroborated by many diplomats and independent stakeholders familiar with the situation and timeline.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-04-2019 at 10:09 AM.

  6. #76
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Here is an Explainer article about what happened. The short of it is Trump went digging for dirt, but didn't bother to look closely at the when and why, because he knew it wouldn't matter to those he told his when and why to. They would believe his version of events, even if all the evidence pointed in the opposite direction: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/

    The short of it is that Biden's son wasn't under investigation at the time, and aid was withheld for the exact opposite reason Trump claims. It was because Shokin wasn't pursuing to root out corruption, which prompted his ouster not just from the US, but from the IMF and European stakeholders.

    Shokin did at one point investigate Burisma, but it was in regards to the Minsitry of Ecology granting them permits from 2012-2014, before Hunter Biden joined them. And again, the international pressure stemmed from a lack of investigations, not the opposite. This has been corroborated by many diplomats and independent stakeholders familiar with the situation and timeline.
    Thank you.

    Did I mention I hate politics?

  7. #77

  8. #78

  9. #79
    Journeyman Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    This is awesome! Thank you for posting this.

    Looks like I am coming up on my 7th anniversary of stating I hate politics.
    What's scary is that it's getting exponentially more common. Based on the established pattern, pretty soon the RJ board will be nothing but you posting that you hate politics, over and over.

  10. #80
    Journeyman The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What's scary is that it's getting exponentially more common. Based on the established pattern, pretty soon the RJ board will be nothing but you posting that you hate politics, over and over.
    Plus the bots, spiders, and sock puppets
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •