Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like your opinion on this anti-impeachment article.

Hall of Famer

I would like your opinion on this anti-impeachment article.

I am sure most of you know more about politics than I do.

I would appreciate it if you would read the whole article and then comment on it.

I would like to know where it is in error and where it is factual.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...ion/ar-AAJn6gw

The first part about the unvoted on "impeachment inquiry" being unconstitutional has already been shot down by a Federal judge, so while I did read the whole article (and David Rivkin leans heavily right, BTW), he was wrong right off the bat, so it's kind of already lost me.

So did:
    "House Democrats have discarded the Constitution, tradition and basic fairness merely because they hate Mr. Trump." *sigh*

Then he continues with the old chestnut, which GOPers pulled out of their ass in the Mueller probe, of "there is no crime as defined by law." Oh please. Because "interference with an election" is not in the federal code does not mean it is not an impeachable offense.

He then continues that other presidents have withheld funds for other nations, which is true -- but not solely for personal gain, like Trump has. He doesn't even mention that part of his point.

I'll write this off as right wing nonsense, trying to attack the messenger rather than defend what the guy in the WH actually did.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I am sure most of you know more about politics than I do.

I would appreciate it if you would read the whole article and then comment on it.

I would like to know where it is in error and where it is factual.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...ion/ar-AAJn6gw
    I think it accurately summarizes the right’s point of view.
    If you read someone from the left, you can gain another perspective.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    The first part about the unvoted on "impeachment inquiry" being unconstitutional has already been shot down by a Federal judge, so while I did read the whole article (and David Rivkin leans heavily right, BTW), he was wrong right off the bat, so it's kind of already lost me.

So did:
    "House Democrats have discarded the Constitution, tradition and basic fairness merely because they hate Mr. Trump." *sigh*

Then he continues with the old chestnut, which GOPers pulled out of their ass in the Mueller probe, of "there is no crime as defined by law." Oh please. Because "interference with an election" is not in the federal code does not mean it is not an impeachable offense.

He then continues that other presidents have withheld funds for other nations, which is true -- but not solely for personal gain, like Trump has. He doesn't even mention that part of his point.

I'll write this off as right wing nonsense, trying to attack the messenger rather than defend what the guy in the WH actually did.
    Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    It's weird to me that this is right or left. The fundamental issues here should apply regardless of who is in office. (And to be clear, my view is that impeachment should have happened already - I don't understand how the right can sleep at night with all the back bending trying to justify the obvious corruption going on)
    Last edited by Ken; 10-29-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    It's weird to me that this is right or left. The fundamental issues here should apply regardless of who is in office.
    Sure, in a non-partisan world. I fear those days are long gone though.

Hall of Famer
    That is why I posted it in here to get the left perspective.

I wasn't trying to read anything political when the headline caught my attention. I ended up reading the article and thought it was well written. I know nothing about the author, but figured he leans right.

I hate politics and know I am not going to deep dive his article. Thought I would ask for some help in here.

Sure, in a non-partisan world. I fear those days are long gone though.
    Does partisanship mean we throw out all logic? It's too much. I'm seeing party being placed in higher regard than both country and even basic human rights. It's ridiculous.

Hall of Famer
    It's weird to me that this is right or left. The fundamental issues here should apply regardless of who is in office.
    I agree, but I do not know enough to know if that is the case. Quite frankly I don't think it is.

Journeyman
    Does partisanship mean we through out all logic? It's too much. I'm seeing party being placed in higher regard than both country and even basic human rights. It's ridiculous.
    I agree it’s ridiculous, but here we are.