Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    They were logging things with paper & pencil,
    Wouldn't an axe or a chainsaw have been better tools for logging?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      Paper and pencil are much safer
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

how old are you exactly???
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

ah, a long time ago someone decided that 30% was the safe level for having Deet in a product. pshaw.

A friend of mine who used to work in the bush in northern Ontario would get straight deet thru a source (yes, that's a thing) ... it was the only thing that would keep the bugs away. They were logging things with paper & pencil, but would have to strip the yellow paint off the pencils first because the pure deet would instantly melt it.
          Yep, years ago I used a product with higher amounts of DEET and melted a watch face. Need to be carefull with Sunglasses as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Paper and pencil are much safer
            Depending on how much Deet they have on them....

Comment

how old are you exactly???
              21,802 days according to Siri

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Depending on how much Deet they have on them....
                DEET makes bugs leave, but it also damages logging equipment. There's a real trade-off.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

DEET makes bugs leave, but it also damages logging equipment. There's a real trade-off.
                  Damaging mega-buck logging equipment is not something to take lightly.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Damaging mega-buck logging equipment is not something to take lightly.
                    I really thought this post would have more "bark". Really surprised you "wood" not make some puns.

Comment

I really thought this post would have more "bark". Really surprised you "wood" not make some puns.
                      Do men bark loudly ? Or only dogs ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Do men bark loudly ? Or only dogs ?
                        Dachshunds, mastiffs, beagles, labradors are some of the louder barkers. I can't speak for men.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          in other pizza news, apparently one large pizza has more pizza than 2 mediums - it's a circumference thing.

so that's why you see so many pitches for "two mediums" - it does seem like you'd get more pizza.
                          Coming in late, but I am really disappointed in Ken and Seitzer for not having corrected this already.

For a large to be bigger than two mediums, the diameter of the large has to be at least sqrt(2) times the radius of the medium. So for a 12" medium, the large would have to be at least 17", and nobody has that big a gap - a Domino's large is just 14". Two mediums are bigger than a 16" extra large: 2*(6^2) = 72, 8^2 = 64.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

ok, I stand corrected - assuming the mediums are indeed 12 inches. is that uniform?
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

no, this is a uniform pizza.

anyway, the numbers just get bigger as the size does, since it's multiplicative - if a medium is 14 inches, a large would have to be 20.
                              Attached Files
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Do you want your pizza cut into 4 slices or 8?
                                Better make it 4. I don't think I can eat 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X