Official Week 8 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 8 Thread

The 49ers acquired 32 year-old WR Emmanuel Sanders from the Broncos in exchange for 3rd & 4th round draft picks.

And somewhere, Antonio Brown is realizing that business is no longer "boomin".
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I think AB returns somewhere after the Trade Deadline, as he's now realized his signing bonus guarantee has all but disappeared. Someone will take a chance on him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I think AB returns somewhere after the Trade Deadline, as he's now realized his signing bonus guarantee has all but disappeared. Someone will take a chance on him.
      Just can't see it happening this year...maybe next when the dust has settled and if/when all of the allegations have gone away.

But I've been wrong on AB all year so far, so my track record is shaky.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Just can't see it happening this year...maybe next when the dust has settled and if/when all of the allegations have gone away.

But I've been wrong on AB all year so far, so my track record is shaky.
        I’m with you. Even if he signs he would be suspended the rest of the year. And if he is doing it for money, he wouldn’t be getting much, if any.

His goose is cooked

Comment

Suspended for what?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Suspended for what?
            Correct me if I'm wrong but the NFL interviewed Britney Taylor after the rape allegations, right? My understanding is that the only reason they never came out with anything further (i.e. suspension? exempt list?) is that he wasn't on a team but that the NFL warned teams that he could be unavailable even if signed.

Am I mis-remembering? It's amazing how fast the news cycle passes, this was a big deal not that long ago and I can barely remember because they move on so fast once something has had its 15 minutes.
            Last edited by Ken; 10-23-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Patriots acquired WR Mohamed Sanu from the Falcons in exchange for a 2020 2nd-round pick.

Patriots placed Josh Gordon (knee) on IR.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Josh Gordon (knee, IR) could be waived and available as a free agent "soon."

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer added that Gordon's knee injury is "minor" and the 28-year-old expects to be medically cleared "soon." Gordon would obviously be eligible to sign with another team and play immediately if that occurs. He was reportedly dealing with two bone bruises in his knee before missing practice the past two weeks but was ultimately on his way out for performance reasons after totaling 20/287/1 in six injury-riddled games this season. Even if Gordon's on your bench, it's purely a cross-your-fingers Hail Mary to keep him stashed and hope he lands with another team in '19.
              (Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter)
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong but the NFL interviewed Britney Taylor after the rape allegations, right? My understanding is that the only reason they never came out with anything further (i.e. suspension? exempt list?) is that he wasn't on a team but that the NFL warned teams that he could be unavailable even if signed.

Am I mis-remembering? It's amazing how fast the news cycle passes, this was a big deal not that long ago and I can barely remember because they move on so fast once something has had its 15 minutes.
                No, you're not. I am. I had thought the NFL completed their investigation, but it seems like they did not. Yeah, it's possible they come down on him, but it also doesn't seem as if they've gathered everything yet.

Comment

Titans TE Delanie Walker out.

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Saints TE Jared Cook out.

Giants WR Sterling Shepard out.

Buccaneers TE O.J. Howard out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Regarding Antonio Brown:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Antonio Brown is "in a standoff" with the league over his playing status.

Brown said earlier this month he hoped to have his status cleared up "in a few weeks." He's expected to interview with the league at some point, but there hasn't been any movement on that front. Brown could get a second chance when his off-field situation is resolved. The odds remain against him returning this year.
                      (Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Matt Ryan OUT

Drew Brees to start

Comment

Saints RB Alvin Kamara out.

Cardinals RB David Johnson out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Davante Adams OUT

Keenan Allen is a GTD, but looking doubtful

Comment

Keenan Allen is active

Comment

Working...
                              X