New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire

Last week I needed to go to New Hampshire for a one time business meeting. It was my first time in New Hampshire and it was awesome!

It was a quick 2 day trip, but we did have about 4 hours of driving through the fall colors.

I stayed in Gilford, with Hanover and Rochester as our work destinations. Other than seeing the fall colors the only touristy thing we did was drive around the square of Dartmouth College. That was just before a great lunch at a local pub and eatery.

I have to say the scenery was so spectacular I am planning on taking my lovely on a driving trip back there next year.

I am figuring two days out and two days back giving us 5 days to drive around the state.

Do any of you have must see/do recommendations for New Hampshire. I have googled, but I would appreciate it if any of you could chime in.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Last week I needed to go to New Hampshire for a one time business meeting. It was my first time in New Hampshire and it was awesome!

It was a quick 2 day trip, but we did have about 4 hours of driving through the fall colors.

I stayed in Gilford, with Hanover and Rochester as our work destinations. Other than seeing the fall colors the only touristy thing we did was drive around the square of Dartmouth College. That was just before a great lunch at a local pub and eatery.

I have to say the scenery was so spectacular I am planning on taking my lovely on a driving trip back there next year.

I am figuring two days out and two days back giving us 5 days to drive around the state.

Do any of you have must see/do recommendations for New Hampshire. I have googled, but I would appreciate it if any of you could chime in.

Thank you.
    Sorry. My online friend Gregg is the only person I know that been to New Hampshire.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I went to Waterville Valley (population 247) as a kid and was the winning pitcher (in relief) of the community softball game. I assume there is a plaque there somewhere commemorating the event.

anywhere from New Jersey to Maine tends to be very scenic in October for leaf watching.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I have only been to Portsmouth. It is a worth a visit if u are nearby
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
          Sorry. My online friend Gregg is the only person I know that been to New Hampshire.
          Nicely played.

I literally laughed out loud and shared it with Mrs. Gregg who only chuckled.

Comment

Mighty presumptuous of you to call yourselves "friends."

I'd say you're more well-wishers, in that you don't wish each other any specific harm.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post

I'd say you're more well-wishers, in that you don't wish each other any specific harm.
              Should we call ourselves chavers instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Should we call ourselves chavers instead?
                I thought you called yourself ReRay

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I thought you called yourself ReRay
                  Nah, that was some of my Chavers funnin with me. It is just re.

Although I do like the sound of Re Chavers.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Sorry. My online well-wisher, Gregg is the only person I know that been to New Hampshire.

Comment

Portsmouth is a very nice place to visit. If you want scene, the White Mountains are great and the Kancamagus highway (route 112) is a really nice scenic drive through the mountains, about 55 miles long. Franconia Notch is supposed to really nice, also in the Whites but further north. You would be passing through Vermont and Burlington is a really nice town but it's probably north of the route you'll be taking out. Something to think about though.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Portsmouth is a very nice place to visit. If you want scene, the White Mountains are great and the Kancamagus highway (route 112) is a really nice scenic drive through the mountains, about 55 miles long. Franconia Notch is supposed to really nice, also in the Whites but further north. You would be passing through Vermont and Burlington is a really nice town but it's probably north of the route you'll be taking out. Something to think about though.
                        BuckyBuckner sighting!

Comment

BuckyBuckner sighting!
                          'Sup steve?

(I refuse to capitalize your name, keeping it 1.0 style)
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            'Sup steve?

(I refuse to capitalize your name, keeping it 1.0 style)
                            Not too much, my friend. Good to "see" you!

Comment

Not too much, my friend. Good to "see" you!
                              Again with the "friend" presumption.

You meant to say "Not too much, my well wisher. Good to "see" you!"

Comment

Working...
                              X