CBS Sportsline Commissioner Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sportsline Commissioner Help

CBS Sportsline is notoriously slow to respond to help inquiries, so I'm hoping one of you guys has done this. My NBA fantasy league allows players to be kept at $10 over their prior-year salary. But when I try to adjust their salary, it only appears to give me the option of changing the salary starting in scoring period 1, after the auction. It's not applying the salary increase pre-auction, so in the draft room the teams show with more available money to spend then they should. Do any of you know how to adjust the salaries so it properly deducts from the auction budget? Thanks!

Just changing the salaries for Period 1 should change it for your auction. I do this all the time with RJEL and my football keeper league and it's never an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Just changing the salaries for Period 1 should change it for your auction. I do this all the time with RJEL and my football keeper league and it's never an issue.
      I did change them all for Period 1, but when I go to the draft room, the players all still have their old salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        I did change them all for Period 1, but when I go to the draft room, the players all still have their old salaries.
        Go to a team page and tell me what period it says in the Drop Down. It should say "Offseason."

Comment

Go to a team page and tell me what period it says in the Drop Down. It should say "Offseason."
          Nope, it says Period 1, and there is no other option in that drop down. And if I change the Year from 2019 to 2018, I lose all of the Commissioner buttons including salary adjust.

Comment

What if you change the salaries from the Front Office? Commish Tools/Salary & Contract Info

Comment

What if you change the salaries from the Front Office? Commish Tools/Salary & Contract Info
              Nope. Gah! I also tried canceling the draft auction, then re-entering the salaries, then re-setting the draft auction, and still its showing the old salaries.

Comment

Under Commish Tools/Player Policies/Salary & Contract Policies, what fields do you have there?

Comment

Under Commish Tools/Player Policies/Salary & Contract Policies, what fields do you have there?
                  It just has the kept players for each team with their correctly updated salaries, but no option to change the effective date/period of the salary. It also has a note saying that to apply salaries retroactively, you need to do it on the team roster pages:

You must click OK after entering values for each team. Selecting a new team will not save the values you entered for the previous team. Any changes made to a player's salary or contract will be effective starting Period 1 (Tue, Oct 22 - Sun, Oct 27). This change will apply to all future scoring periods but will not affect values for previous periods. If you would like to change a player's salary or contract info for a previous timeframe, you may do so from a team's roster page.
                  But then on the roster pages, I can't select any period other than 2019 Season, Period 1, and have this note:

Changing any salaries and contract information here will change the value(s) from the timeframe you have selected going forward and will not be applied retroactively.

Comment

Have you tried launching the draft and just drafting the keepers yourself, then pausing the draft until the day of?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Have you tried launching the draft and just drafting the keepers yourself, then pausing the draft until the day of?
                      That's a good idea, but how do I single-handedly nominate the right guys and then have the right teams place the bid on them? If CBS doesn't give me a solution, then I figured my option was at the start of the auction to have everyone in the draft room and then direct the owners to nominate the kept players and allow the rightful owners to acquire them at the keeper price.

Comment

That's a good idea, but how do I single-handedly nominate the right guys and then have the right teams place the bid on them? If CBS doesn't give me a solution, then I figured my option was at the start of the auction to have everyone in the draft room and then direct the owners to nominate the kept players and allow the rightful owners to acquire them at the keeper price.
                        not sure if this phone number is still good, press 0 once you connect:

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          not sure if this phone number is still good, press 0 once you connect:

The number is still good, but pressing 0 isn't. They only have account payment and account access assistance via phone. Technical assistance is by email only.

Comment

The number is still good, but pressing 0 isn't. They only have account payment and account access assistance via phone. Technical assistance is by email only.
                            that is a change as I remember using it for a cbs issue with my baseball league

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              that is a change as I remember using it for a cbs issue with my baseball league
                              I tried pressing 0 and got "invalid entry", lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X