Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my great and unmatched wisdom....

that's all I've got.

If you're a Trump supporter and this doesn't change your mind........then......damn.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

I have visions of dumpster full of MAGA hats once this profound message spreads like a glorious virus of truth.

Comment

I can't imaging a Trump supporter who had made it this long supporting that garbage that would suddenly object to that kind of statement. They are dug in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I can't imaging a Trump supporter who had made it this long supporting that garbage that would suddenly object to that kind of statement. They are dug in.
        yep - maybe he is just joking around with the press

Comment

“The Balrog reached the bridge. Gandalf stood in the middle of the span, leaning on the staff in his left hand, but in his other hand Glamdring gleamed, cold and white. His enemy halted again, facing him, and the shadow about it reached out like two vast wings. It raised the whip, and the thongs whined and cracked. Fire came from its nostrils. But Gandalf stood firm.

'You cannot pass,' he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. 'I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.'

The Balrog made no answer. The fire in it seemed to die, but the darkness grew. It stepped forward slowly onto the bridge, and suddenly it drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall; but still Gandalf could be seen, glimmering in the gloom; he seemed small, and altogether alone: grey and bent, like a wizened tree before the onset of a storm.

From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.

Glamdring glittered white in answer.

There was a ringing clash and a stab of white fire. The Balrog fell back and its sword flew up in molten fragments. The wizard swayed on the bridge, stepped back a pace, and then again stood still.

'You cannot pass!' he said.

With a bound the Balrog leaped full upon the bridge. Its whip whirled and hissed.

'He cannot stand alone!' cried Aragorn suddenly and ran back along the bridge. 'Elendil!' he shouted. 'I am with you, Gandalf!'

'Gondor!' cried Boromir and leaped after him.

At that moment Gandalf lifted his staff, and crying aloud he smote the bridge before him. The staff broke asunder and fell from his hand. A blinding sheet of white flame sprang up. The bridge cracked. Right at the Balrog's feet it broke, and the stone upon which it stood crashed into the gulf

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            “The Balrog reached the bridge. Gandalf stood in the middle of the span, leaning on the staff in his left hand, but in his other hand Glamdring gleamed, cold and white. His enemy halted again, facing him, and the shadow about it reached out like two vast wings. It raised the whip, and the thongs whined and cracked. Fire came from its nostrils. But Gandalf stood firm.

'You cannot pass,' he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. 'I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.'

The Balrog made no answer. The fire in it seemed to die, but the darkness grew. It stepped forward slowly onto the bridge, and suddenly it drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall; but still Gandalf could be seen, glimmering in the gloom; he seemed small, and altogether alone: grey and bent, like a wizened tree before the onset of a storm.

From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.

Glamdring glittered white in answer.

There was a ringing clash and a stab of white fire. The Balrog fell back and its sword flew up in molten fragments. The wizard swayed on the bridge, stepped back a pace, and then again stood still.

'You cannot pass!' he said.

With a bound the Balrog leaped full upon the bridge. Its whip whirled and hissed.

'He cannot stand alone!' cried Aragorn suddenly and ran back along the bridge. 'Elendil!' he shouted. 'I am with you, Gandalf!'

'Gondor!' cried Boromir and leaped after him.

At that moment Gandalf lifted his staff, and crying aloud he smote the bridge before him. The staff broke asunder and fell from his hand. A blinding sheet of white flame sprang up. The bridge cracked. Right at the Balrog's feet it broke, and the stone upon which it stood crashed into the gulf
            When I was a junior in high school I had to do a "dramatic reading" in English class. This was what I chose. Funny to read it many years later on rotojunkie.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              When I was a junior in high school I had to do a "dramatic reading" in English class. This was what I chose. Funny to read it many years later on rotojunkie.
              I bet you got all the girls in Jr High.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

"In my great and unmatched wisdom"

This trumps the other heady contenders for most absurd impression of great and powerful Oz, beating out "Very stable genius" and "The Chosen One". Troubling aspect is trumpers, (these are people who deny they support trump, but constantly do) will say you are just a snowflake who doesnt like the course language. no, try this, trump breaks law daily, lies constantly, betrays our allies and overtly consistently supports our enemies. In addition, he daily says moronic crap like this.

what are the cases where one would sound like this? well i can think of 4:
                lunatic with full on narcissism
                a drugged out someone trying out for a play to play great and powerful oz
                full on narcissism case off their meds
                someone on a bad mix of illegal meds who feels invincible and all knowing when they could not actually hold even the most basic of jobs assuming an environment of accountability

Comment

The thing is, I'm pretty sure "in my great and unmatched wisdom" was intended as humor, but it's such a bizarre and problematic use of humor, particularly in the context of how Trump operates as a leader and communicator.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    The thing is, I'm pretty sure "in my great and unmatched wisdom" was intended as humor, but it's such a bizarre and problematic use of humor, particularly in the context of how Trump operates as a leader and communicator.
                    He meant it to be funny, but he also believes it, which makes it sad and scary, not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Really? The guy is a malignant narcissist who's made hundreds of similar statements to the effect that he knows more about everything than everyone else knows about anything.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Really? The guy is a malignant narcissist who's made hundreds of similar statements to the effect that he knows more about everything than everyone else knows about anything.
                        Absolutely true, which is why he definitely believes this. But his phrasing suggests he was trying to be funny too. But you can't be funny and literal, which he would understand, if he had a sense of humor, which most accounts say he does not. His humor consists of talking trash about other people and mocking those who don't give him proper credit. Those the the Apprentice said that was most of what they did--sit around hearing him talk about himself and mocking others as losers and laughing about it. Great man, that Mr. Trump, deserving of respect and adulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          He meant it to be funny, but he also believes it, which makes it sad and scary, not funny.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            That moron wouldn't know a joke if it bit him on his fat ass.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              That moron wouldn't know a joke if it bit him on his fat ass.
                              he usually has to pay extra for this...…..
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X