Official Week 5 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 5 Thread

The Patriots place K Stephen Gostkowski (hip) on injured reserve, ending his 2019 season.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Rumors flying around that Stefon Diggs will be traded as he sat out practice yesterday for "non-football reasons", but we'll see what happens.

Comment

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots have signed former Raider K Mike Nugent.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Raiders WR Tyrell Williams out.

Texans WR Kenny Stills out.

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bills RB Devin Singletary out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ton of huge performances today, some may be on people’s benches which is the worst feeling.

Comment

FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK DERBY (there are 3, I think, in the next draft?)

0-5 - Bengals, Redskins
              0-4 - Jets, Dolphins
              1-4 - Dolphins (from Steelers), Broncos, Falcons
              1-3-1 - Cardinals

Jets and Falcons would trade their pick for a king's ransom if top 3, I'd imagine

Redskins at Dolphins, and Falcons at Cardinals, are the marquee Week 6 games
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-07-2019, 09:18 AM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                Ton of huge performances today, some may be on people’s benches which is the worst feeling.
                I was "forced" to start DJ Chark. He ended up with 164 yards and 2 TDs.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK DERBY (there are 3, I think, in the next draft?)

0-5 - Bengals, Redskins
                  0-4 - Jets, Dolphins
                  1-4 - Steelers, Broncos, Falcons
                  1-3-1 - Cardinals

Jets, Falcons, and Cardinals would trade their pick for a king's ransom if top 3, I'd imagine

Redskins at Dolphins, and Falcons at Cardinals, are the marquee Week 6 games
                  The Steelers 2020 first round pick was traded to the Dolphins in the Minkah Fitzpatrick deal.

The Dolphins have 3 first round picks in 2020 including picks from the Steelers and Texans.

And the Raiders have 2 first round picks in 2020 including a pick from the Bears.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Redskins have fired head coach Jay Gruden after an 0-5 start. OL coach Bill Callahan has been promoted to interim head coach.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I want to say they got one thing right - fire the coach AFTER you play the Patriots and BEFORE you play the Dolphins.

but that only makes sense if you want to improve your odds of winning Sunday - and why would they want to do that?

fortunately for them, half the team is on IR so it may not matter.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                      X