No announcement yet.

MLB Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Verlander now has a career World Series record of 0-6 with a 5.68 ERA.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Stephen Strasburg now has a career postseason ERA of 1.46 along with a 6-2 record and a 71/8 K/BB ratio in 55.1 IP
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Will Scherzer's start tonight be a redux of Curt Schilling bloody sock legend?

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          The only time the home team won every game was Twins over Braves in 1991. This would make a mirror image.

J
          that's not even the only time the TWINS have done it - they did the same thing in 1987.

to be fair, no other team has ever done it. still, you need to hire a new factchecker
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            that's not even the only time the TWINS have done it - they did the same thing in 1987.

to be fair, no other team has ever done it. still, you need to hire a new factchecker
            Fatchecker is a horrible name for a ba...oh wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              The only time the home team won every game was Twins over Braves in 1991. This would make a mirror image.

J
              The 1987 Twins and Cardinals beg to differ. (oops, see I'm late to the draw here)

Comment

• I guess the Astros didn't need Gerrit Cole to pitch in relief. Oh wait, they did.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Road team now 6-0 for the very first time.
                  And the road team with the 7 game sweep!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I guess the Astros didn't need Gerrit Cole to pitch in relief. Oh wait, they did.
                    I tuned in midway through the game, just in time to see the Nats mount their comeback. And yeah, where was Cole!?!?!?

Anyway - congrats Nats fans!
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      I guess the Astros didn't need Gerrit Cole to pitch in relief. Oh wait, they did.
                      Maybe the Astros needed someone Fast.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• the Tigers rotation - Scherzer, Verlander, Porcello, AnSanchez, and Price - for the 2014 stretch run now each have shiny World Series rings since leaving Detroit.

(Price was acquired from Tampa at midseason and made 11 starts while Drew Smyly made 21 starts. but Smyly was dealt in the Price trade.)
                        Last edited by Judge Jude; 11-01-2019, 12:40 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Canadians are calling this our 3rd World Series Championship. Vive les Expos!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            Canadians are calling this our 3rd World Series Championship. Vive les Expos!
                            as is that finest of journalistic standards, the Onion ...

Nationals Admit World Series Win Would Be Way Sweeter If Franchise Was Still In Montréal

...“We’ve never really considered D.C. our home, and we all grew up bleeding Expos blue,” said World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg, speaking in French while lovingly referencing Montréal’s architecture, cosmopolitan culture, and its “incredible cuisine.” “The first thing we did when we got back to the locker room was sing Québec’s anthem. Man, could you imagine driving our parade floats down Catherine Street? It’s great to finally get a ring, but it’ll be a little bittersweet to celebrate with a bunch of D.C. bureaucrats who are just looking for something to do.” At press time, Strasburg admitted to taking some solace in winning a World Series without Bryce Harper.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Nationals celebrating with the Capitals:

Ladies and Gentleman, your 2019 World Series champions:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• good stuff - to the victors go the spoils!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X