No announcement yet.

MLB Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy stat I just saw on Twitter: Mad Max and Anibal became just the 2nd tandem to throw 5 no hit innings in consecutive post season games. The only other time it happened was the 2013 ALCS...by Mad Max and Anibal.

Comment

In a related story: The Cardinals are saying that the baseball is not traveling as far in the post-season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Stanton out of the lineup again for the Yankees.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          In a related story: The Cardinals are saying that the baseball is not traveling as far in the post-season.
          a) it's not
          b) I don't get any issue with the observation.

now, if they blamed the ball for anything to do with being down 2-0, I'd be interested in reading those comments.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Cardinals trying to blame it on the ball after they just got done facing Scherzer is comedy gold.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

"now, if they blamed the ball for anything to do with being down 2-0, I'd be interested in reading those comments."

my offer stands!
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Broom city in DC. Wow. Did not see that coming.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Apparently, the ball traveled just fine for the Nationals who outscored the Cardinals 20-6 in their 4 game sweep.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cardinals starter Dakota Hudson in game 4 vs the Nats: 0.1 IP, 5 H, 7 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, and all that on just 15 pitches!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Nats look like the team of destiny this year. Whoever faces them will be in for quite the challenge.

Comment

Astros-Yankees ALCS game 4 postponed until Thursday due to bad weather.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How long will the Nats have to sit and wait? Teams have lost their edge more than once.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            How long will the Nats have to sit and wait? Teams have lost their edge more than once.

J
                            With the dead ball being used in the playoffs, I think the Nats still have an edge.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              With the dead ball being used in the playoffs, I think the Nats still have an edge.
                              and their most valuable commodities are their pitching arms ... which I gotta think benefit from a few extra days off.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

A first inning wild pitch prevents the Astros from getting shut out by Paxton and the Yankee's bullpen. And Verlander allows 4 of the first 5 hitters to score. Donuts were served after the first inning. Back to Houston for game 6.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X