No announcement yet.

MLB Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, if you haven't seen the Kiermeier - Adames - D'Arnaud relay to get Altuve at the plate you need to see it ... the most perfectly executed relay I've seen
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      and tomorrow:

Glasnow vs Cole ... both have been spectacular, it could just be one lucky swing of the bat
      Also being billed as the Former Pirates Fall Classic. And don't forget Charlie Morton, who will be available to pitch in relief.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Dodgers and Nationals are going extra innings with both of their seasons on the line after Kershaw blows the save by allowing solo homers to Rendon and Soto. Wow!
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Cardinals seem to be relishing the underdog role so far this season. First they surprise the Brewers and Cubs by winning the NL Central. And now they've upset the Braves in the NLDS.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Who needs Bryce Harper when the Nats have Howie Kendrick hitting extra inning grand slams in the post-season?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Man, after a day of fasting I was unable to stay up for the end of Dodgers-Nationals, so I went to bed after Kershaw came on to strike Eaton out in three pitches with two on in the seventh. Bummer. Biggest win in the entire history of the Expos/Nationals franchise. Great for them!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                Man, after a day of fasting I was unable to stay up for the end of Dodgers-Nationals, so I went to bed after Kershaw came on to strike Eaton out in three pitches with two on in the seventh. Bummer. Biggest win in the entire history of the Expos/Nationals franchise. Great for them!
                I fasted too, but somehow managed to stay up until the end. But then I'm a Nats fan.

After the Eaton strikeout, my son texted me from Louisville that the situation looked very bleak, and I reminded him that the Nats had faced the same situation in the wild card game and pulled it out with an eighth inning rally. Ten minutes later I looked like a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone View Post
                  I fasted too, but somehow managed to stay up until the end. But then I'm a Nats fan.

After the Eaton strikeout, my son texted me from Louisville that the situation looked very bleak, and I reminded him that the Nats had faced the same situation in the wild card game and pulled it out with an eighth inning rally. Ten minutes later I looked like a genius.
                  That's the best as a fan! Congrats!

Comment

Saw on the news that dodger fans were driving over a Kershaw jersey in the parking lot at Dodger stadium. They are almost as bad as Raider fans.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      Saw on the news that dodger fans were driving over a Kershaw jersey in the parking lot at Dodger stadium. They are almost as bad as Raider fans.
                      That has been my experience. I'd assume there is a LOT of overlap.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

So, back in 2014, then Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole exchanged words with then Brewers outfielder Carlos Gomez about striking a pose after he hit a deep fly ball that ended up being a triple. Gomez had to be restrained. Benches cleared. Gomez threw punches at Pirates players. Then Pirates outfielder Travis Snyder knocked Gomez to the ground. Then Brewers catcher Martin Maldonado sucker punched Snyder and gave him a black eye. It was a fun day at the brawl park.

Now, flash forward to 2019 and who is Gerrit Cole's personal catcher? Why, it's Martin Maldonado of course. Funny game this baseball is.
                        Last edited by madducks; 10-11-2019, 01:50 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

According to some Tweets from MLB veteran players, Tyler Glasnow was tipping his pitches yesterday. Kevin Frandsen, Trevor Plouffe, Preston Wilson, Danny Graves and a few others all tweeted that he had not changed his delivery from Game 1, so the Astros knew what was coming at them.

Comment

Big Papi said the same in the post-game on FS1. Sad that something like that could have been decisive, but Cole was so good that it may not have made a difference anyway.

Comment

It seems like we are hearing this often in the playoffs now - I remember a couple years ago hearing how Darvish was tipping pitches for the Dodgers. I guess the heightened focus of playoff games brings this type information to light.

I'd be surprised if Folty was not tipping as well.

Comment

The Astros will not include #4 SP and their only LHP Wade Miley on the ALCS roster.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X