Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoohoo Shower Time...

Who else got to celebrate last night?

After about 6 years of owning Trout in my long-time AL Only league, I finally got a title. I had finished 2nd in 2016 and 3rd in 2017 before a mini retool last year for one last run with Trout. I have been in this league since 2002 and this is only my 2nd title so it definitely felt good. Finished with all 60 pitching points and first in every hitting category but SB's where I came in 7th. It was a good year and the cupboard isn't totally bare Moncada and Devers are $5 going to option years and I get one more year out of a $20 Betts and a $10 Gary Sanchez.

Had one other 2nd place finish in a league Ed got me into and a tie for 3rd in the long-time NL Only league some board members are in (12TO). Amazingly that tie is with the guy who beat me by .5 point on the last day of last season for first and he wins the tiebreak on me for 3rd this year.

PONY was a disaster (last from wire to wire I think lol) and RJEL was a rebuild while at least holding onto 11th out of 18.

1 title and 2 other money finishes make it a pretty good year. This game is such a grind, congrats to anyone that found there way to a title this year.

Who else got to celebrate?
    Last edited by frae; 09-30-2019, 08:02 AM.

Congrats. Winning a fantasy title is like real baseball only harder...ha.

Comment

I finished 2nd in MSGL to Keith, 114--97, and it was never even close. I can't believe I dealt Wander Franco in a desperate attempt to close the gap, but i still love my keeper list going forward, so I can't be too upset. If G. Cole $34 stays in the AL, I'll be thrilled, as ace SP's typically fetch $50+.

Congrats on a summer of total dominance! I thought about dealing you Mallex Smith to challenge 119 pts, but figured it was kind of against the spirit of the game. Better to sputter to 2nd with 50 SB cushion.

I also finished 2nd in my 12 tm NL, and 10th of 18 in RJEL.

Snagged a rookie C. Biggio $5 that I'm ecstatic to have going forward. In an OBP league he's golden. Also snagged Aristedes Aquino $5 on FAAB. Those 2 help a lot, although I was stupid to wait too long to deal $53 DeGrom until nobody had the cap space to take him. It might take a few years to figure this league out.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Close, but no cigar.

Third place in one league, but I traded both Juan Soto at $5 due extension and MLE Gavin Lux in a flags fly forever move that did not pan out. Sad face.

Second place in the other and probably the most disappointing 2nd place finish ever as I was up by over 20 points in mid-July. Probably would have won if Syndergaard, Bauer and Kimbrel weren't GOD AWFUL.

Comment

Free Mixed H2H: Not competitive with several newbies. 2 divisions; the top 4 teams made the playoffs. I was second in my div for most of the year and in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. In the final week I climbed into first and knocked the perennial leader out of the playoffs. 9-2 semis win and 7-4 finals, both 2-weeks long. In the finals I fell behind in saves and rolled 7 closers out there for most of the second week and still fell 1 short at 14-13.

Paid mixed H2H. After losing JRamirez, Yelich, Tatis and Pineda, I slipped to second in the last week missing out on the $50 reg season prize. I had a bye week 1 and won the semi 5-4 (I held the tiebreaker) solely on Yarborough's meltdown for my opponent. I faced fuhrdog (who I invited into the league) in the finals and lost 5-4. I had put JRam on season-ending IR - his 8 RBIs last week would have given me the win. Still. I was happy to be back in the finals after winning 3 years ago and runner up the next year.

12-team AL paid - I dumped and still finished in 6th. I have a pretty awesome bunch of keepers (in sig).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Arguably my best year ever for fantasy baseball:
            - 1st Place 12TO (12-Team NL, 10-keeper + Farm) - ready for a nice run with a stacked keeper list and Lux in the Farm

- 1st Place Local NL - biggest payout, easiest competition

- 3rd Place RJEL (18-team Mixed, 10-Keeper + Farm) - won in 2018 and plenty of 2020 firepower

- 3rd Place MSGL (12-team AL, 10-keeper + Farm) - Team is sexy for 2020 and beyond

So 4 leagues and all in the $. Woohoo!! ��

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              I faced fuhrdog (who I invited into the league) in the finals and lost 5-4. I had put JRam on season-ending IR - his 8 RBIs last week would have given me the win.
              Canada math

Comment

Won a head to head league that a friend got me into last year. Wasn't even sure I wanted to play because I haven't played in a money league in years, but I guess it was worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  Arguably my best year ever for fantasy baseball:
                  - 1st Place 12TO (12-Team NL, 10-keeper + Farm) - ready for a nice run with a stacked keeper list and Lux in the Farm

- 1st Place Local NL - biggest payout, easiest competition

- 3rd Place RJEL (18-team Mixed, 10-Keeper + Farm) - won in 2018 and plenty of 2020 firepower

- 3rd Place MSGL (12-team AL, 10-keeper + Farm) - Team is sexy for 2020 and beyond

So 4 leagues and all in the $. Woohoo!! ��
                  Congrats! That is a great year.

Comment

It has been a tough year health wise and team wise but I manage to pull off winning the championship two years in a row. The young trio of Soto, Acuna and Buehler led the way. It actually wasn't decided until the Sunday. That now make 4 championships. Now my 12TO team....not so good but I'm building a team to contend.

Comment

I finished with 2 titles and second and a third place.

Local League I was the defending champ and lost 81-80.
                      Local League II I took out the 3 time defending champ 82-78. I was up .5 points Sunday morning.
                      Internet league plays two half season. I got 1st before the All-Star break and third after

Anyway you figure it up its four money finishes so I am very happy. Since I made money Mrs. Vecmizer will let me play again next year.
                      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        Canada math
                        Same as US math. We'll get you next year!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I won the RJ Mock Draft
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I won the RJ Mock Draft
                            Mock Congratulations.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              Mock Congratulations.
                              I think he's mocking you

Comment

Working...
                              X