Favorite NFL football team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite NFL football team?

Who is your favorite NFL team? Do you live in the same city or state?

I am a Die Hard Chicago Bears fan. I live an hour north of Chicago.

How about you?

I didn't realize I was asking such a difficult question. Could it be that Fantasy Football players have no real single team favorites? Maybe the RJ Nation is only interested in the fantasy aspects of the game?

Go Bears!

Comment

I think these crickets are indicative of why I'm very 'bearish' in the NFL moving forward. When I still cared, I was a Saints fan, but last year was the nail in the coffin for me.

Many of my friends are also Bears fans.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Saints fan here, despite last year's shenanigans.

Comment

I thought the answer was obvious. I first started following sports seriously as a kid in 1978. That winter, my grandmother and two aunts were making the one hour trip to downtown Pittsburgh to do some Christmas shopping at Kaufmanns. I was really disappointed that they wouldn't let me go with them. So, my one aunt (from Schaumburg, Illinois btw) pulled me aside and asked me what i would like her to get for me. I told her that i wanted the Steelers fight song record. Luckily, National Record Mart was just down the street from Kaufmanns department store and it was an easy request to fulfill. I still have that 45 rpm record (just like the one in the picture) even though i don't own a turntable lol.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Giants fan since about 1983. As a kid I was a fan of the Air Coryell Chargers (and John Jefferson), but when that ended, just moved to Big Blue.

Comment

GMen too. Jersey guy, so went GMen, Yanks and Knick’s route.

Alternative was Jets, Mets and Nets group.

Made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I thought the answer was obvious. I first started following sports seriously as a kid in 1978. That winter, my grandmother and two aunts were making the one hour trip to downtown Pittsburgh to do some Christmas shopping at Kaufmanns. I was really disappointed that they wouldn't let me go with them. So, my one aunt (from Schaumburg, Illinois btw) pulled me aside and asked me what i would like her to get for me. I told her that i wanted the Steelers fight song record. Luckily, National Record Mart was just down the street from Kaufmanns department store and it was an easy request to fulfill. I still have that 45 rpm record (just like the one in the picture) even though i don't own a turntable lol.

I, also, grew up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh as a kid in the '70's. I moved to Minnesota in the fall of 1979. I'm a huge Steelers fan, eventhough I don't live close by. I think when your childhood team wins four Super Bowls, you can never leave that team.

I do enjoy the Vikings, as well, as they are now my hometown team, but being a fan is frustrating. The franchise just seems cursed.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                  GMen too. Jersey guy, so went GMen, Yanks and Knick’s route.

Alternative was Jets, Mets and Nets group.

Made the right choice.
                  That's pretty funny, but you're right. I've never seen anyone combine the teams from the two groups. Also, add the Rangers to the top group and the Islanders (or worse, Devils) to the bottom group.

Comment

Some New Jersey folks (like my relatives) support the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This map based on Facebook users is interesting:

Here's a link for another map from SeatGeek based on NFL fans shopping habits where you can zoom in on the map:
                      https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/wh...cross-the-u-s/
                      Last edited by madducks; 10-01-2019, 02:50 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This map based on the shopping habits of NFL fans from SeatGeek is interesting:

Here's the link where you can zoom in on the map:
                        https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/wh...cross-the-u-s/
                        Neat map.

Poor Chargers, they just have 1 county.

Hawaii is a mix of SF/SEA, and it varies by island which is interesting.

There are a few oddballs - a 49ers county in Alabama and a Houston Texans county in north Oklahoma, along with some Raiders fans in Idaho.

Also, I wonder why Kodiak Island is primarily vikings fans vs the rest of Alaska going for SEA?

** Note the picture in this post doesn't match the one from the link oddly enough.

Comment

Upon further review that picture is a facebook user map from another article. Sorry about the confusion. One possible explanation for the conflicting reports on Alaska could be a small sample size of fans.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Some New Jersey folks (like my relatives) support the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers.
                            That is usually the Central Jersey group, but you are right.

Comment

Working...
                            X