You ever lose your passion for a hobby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    I left fantasy baseball this year (about 5 years too late) and don't miss it at all.

What surprises me is that I seem to have lost my football mojo. I haven't watched but a few snaps this year.....don't miss it....something wrong with me?
    Nope. You are distracted. Her name is Kathleen.

Comment

My local FF league has started drafting in a restaurant....I find it distracting and difficult to interact with everyone....wind up just talking to the guys sitting near me. When we used to do it at a school on a Sunday, I found it to be more of a social event than it as become.

As far as watching football, I've just found other things that I'd rather do with my weekends.
      Her name is Kathleen.

Comment

I can see that Brian, but my kids are grown. I can watch if I want. I used to spend all day Sunday watching NFL games. Maybe I'm just burned out.....I don't care for Thursday night games at all (except Thanksgiving) and just can't get myself hyped up to watch all day on Sunday like I used to. I quit watching college ball year ago (when the kids were little), but got back into it when the younger daughter was attending school at Arkansas. Now, I'm just kinda burned out again.
        Still Kathleen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Still Kathleen.
          Well.....yeah.

KathleenAndSteve.jpg
          Last edited by Steve 2.0; 09-27-2019, 10:31 AM.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Well.....yeah.
            That explains it then right?

Comment

Still Kathleen.
              Well.....yeah.
              Attached Files

Comment

Well.....yeah.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1199[/ATTACH]
                Awesome!

Now you and all of us know why sports is just not that important in this season of your life.

Seriously. Glad you two are having a good time.

Comment

Awesome!

Now you and all of us know why sports is just not that important in this season of your life.

Seriously. Glad you two are having a good time.
                  Thank you, Gregg.

The college football thing didn't surprise me. The Cowboys thing? Didn't see that one coming.

Had quit fantasy baseball before we met, I knew I was done with that.

Comment

I've misplaced it a few times, but i never lost it.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes - seriously contemplating my playing/writing/talking career right now. Struggling on a few fronts and pilot light is very dim.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Yes - seriously contemplating my playing/writing/talking career right now. Struggling on a few fronts and pilot light is very dim.
                        Interesting. I’m glad I never fully pursued that as a side gig (except for here). If you have a real, paying job and a real family and you like to play fantasy sports, I’m not sure when you’d have time to write and the like. I wrote many years back for Lawr Michaels’ site and the demands were more than my real job! And for free! So I get it.

Comment

Watching the Razorbacks will kill anyone's interest in college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                            Watching the Razorbacks will kill anyone's interest in college football.
                            They've had their ups and downs over the years, for sure.

Comment

They've had their nicks and scrapes over the years, for sure.
                              Fixed.

Comment

I left fantasy baseball this year (about 5 years too late) and don't miss it at all.

What surprises me is that I seem to have lost my football mojo. I haven't watched but a few snaps this year.....don't miss it....something wrong with me?
                                This was my final season for Fantasy Baseball. Probably a year too late. After 28 years, the thrill is indeed gone.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X