Would you rather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather

I think these are fun, so I wanted to start a would you rather thread. We can answer existing ones and/or also add new ones we can respond to. I'll start us off.

Would you rather live 10 more years in your peak physical and mental condition with assurances that you will not get ill or deteriorate in any way during those 10 years (so 10 years at whatever age you consider your very best) or 30 more years aging naturally from the point you are at now, with all the natural risks of disease and deterioration?

Since my kids are only 6 1/2 and almost 4, I would take the 30 years. Even getting 10 more years at peak physical and mental condition would only have them as teenagers. So, that's kind of a no-brainer for me.

Comment

Would you rather fight ten duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        No, I would not.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          Since my kids are only 6 1/2 and almost 4, I would take the 30 years. Even getting 10 more years at peak physical and mental condition would only have them as teenagers. So, that's kind of a no-brainer for me.
          Same for me.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            Yup, same for me (5/7 instead of 4/6)

Comment

Mine are 2 and almost 5, so same for me. B8t i f8gured some older folks here might choose illness free youth.

Comment

It depends if I am in my peak physical condition or the condition I am in now
                --------------------------------------
                You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                  Don't you mean beak condition?!

Taking this very serious matter on its face, it is not even close. I can take down 10 duck sized horses, but I do not want to run afowl of a horse sized duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Taking this very serious matter on its face, it is not even close. I can take down 10 duck sized horses, but I do not want to run afowl of a horse sized duck.
                    True, The drake is great.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wait, what kind of fowl? https://www.iflscience.com/plants-an...ved-described/

It seems like you are ducking an important issue here, which quacks me up.

Comment

Would you rather live 10 more years in your peak physical and mental condition with assurances that you will not get ill or deteriorate in any way during those 10 years (so 10 years at whatever age you consider your very best) or 30 more years aging naturally from the point you are at now, with all the natural risks of disease and deterioration?
                        Can I get my peak physical and mental condition from separate time periods? Because I would love to have my body from 20 years ago, but man was I a fool back then.

Honestly, I'd take 30 years, come what may. I want to see my children grow up and see them have families, even if I can't contribute as much directly to the world.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Wow, definitely 30 more years with natural aging, and even that doesn't get me to 80, so I'm hoping to shoot past that. Being there to love, support and enjoy my kids and someday grandkids is priority #1.

Comment

Probably ten duck-sized horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                              Right?!?! Can I get 10 years of when I was 20, or do I just have 10 more years of this shit?!?!

Oh, and I'll take the 10 duck sized horses... Ducks are nasty fucks as it is, I'm not taking on a horse sized one. I think I could punt most of the little ones.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X