No announcement yet.

Tight Races Down The Stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW pulls it out on the last day by 0.25%.

WW 19 12 17 20 19 18 8 12 16 9 150

FT 20 20 20 16 14 15 10 9 13.5 12 149.5

Last year FT had a 20 point lead in July, only to get swamped a guy with Yelich, Mondesi and Blake Snell. This year he led most of the way from early June, only to get nosed out at the wire.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-29-2019, 09:13 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Led by Springer, we hit .429 today passing two teams in average, gaining 2.5 points and moving from 3rd to 1st on the last day.

3rd title in 4 years, and Acuna/Mondesi as keepers for the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Led by Springer, we hit .429 today passing two teams in average, gaining 2.5 points and moving from 3rd to 1st on the last day.

Nice, congrats!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Alas, I was unable to close the gap and ended up finishing two points back. Reynaldo Lopez can seriously GFH.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Congrats Ken!

Exciting finish. Glad you came out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Alas, I was unable to close the gap and ended up finishing two points back. Reynaldo Lopez can seriously GFH.
              It sucks to get that close and not be able get over the hump. How are you set up for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                It sucks to get that close and not be able get over the hump. How are you set up for next year?
                Very well... I'll be posting my keeper options soon.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

That's my pair. What I need is SP.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Very well... I'll be posting my keeper options soon.
                    As someone who also finished 2nd, 100--98.5, I'm also in the mood to share and talk about keeper lists as a distraction. I finished 2nd in 2 leagues out of 4, winning back a few bucks more than the league fees... but I got some killer keeper lists. It's weird how the leagues I got 2nd have better keepers than the leagues I intentionally rebuilt.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      As someone who also finished 2nd, 100--98.5, I'm also in the mood to share and talk about keeper lists as a distraction. I finished 2nd in 2 leagues out of 4, winning back a few bucks more than the league fees... but I got some killer keeper lists. It's weird how the leagues I got 2nd have better keepers than the leagues I intentionally rebuilt.
                      It’s not weird. I increasingly think that’s reality - particularly with our league rules. I bet we will see more of the trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        It’s not weird. I increasingly think that’s reality - particularly with our league rules. I bet we will see more of the trend.
                        I agree, there are times when you can win with a team full of keepers. The keeper league that I won on the last day that I mentioned in this thread has one of the best keeper lists that I've had in a long time. It's better than most of the rebuilding teams. We are increasing our entry fee next year to bump up prizes so I refused to completely sell my keepers this year, and ended up winning anyway.

Some of my keepers: $15B Acuna, $9B Mondesi, $1A L.Gurriel, $1B B. Lowe, $2A Aquino, $18A Moncada, $15A W.Contreras, $11Y Snell, $2A Woodruff, $21A Paddack, $23A Gallen, $5A Manaea, $15A(minors) Adell, $2A(minors) Gore

Rebuilder (last place this year): $30A Bogaerts, $15B Bichette, $10A LeMahieu, $1B H. Dozier, $18A Mercado, $10B Andujar, $12B Hamels, $1B T. Richards, $10A(minors) W.Franco
                        Rebuilder (13th place): $10B Meadows, $2A W.Calhoun, $2A Vogelbach, $4B Hampson, $8B Semien, $9A Newman, $7A Olson, $2B Boyd, $10A Y.Chirinos
                        Rebuilder (12th place): $16B Villar, $15Y Robles, $21A D.Gordon, $6Y Haniger, $6Y Clevinger, $26A Madbum, $2A Davies, $5A(minors) Trammell
                        Rebuilder (7th place): $24A Alonso, $11X Merrifield, $15B Tatis, $8A Bell, $11A Soler, $6Y Pham, $15B Conforto, $7A Mancini, $17B Corbin, $1B Dakota Hudson, $10Y Severino, $1A German, $6A Kela, $2B(minors) Mountcastle

The 7th place team's list may be an upgrade to mine, but I think we are pretty close. The others are pretty far behind.
                        Last edited by Ken; 10-02-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I agree, there are times when you can win with a team full of keepers. The keeper league that I won on the last day that I mentioned in this thread has one of the best keeper lists that I've had in a long time. It's better than most of the rebuilding teams. We are increasing our entry fee next year to bump up prizes so I refused to completely sell my keepers this year, and ended up winning anyway.

Some of my keepers: $15B Acuna, $9B Mondesi, $1A L.Gurriel, $1B B. Lowe, $2A Aquino, $18A Moncada, $15A W.Contreras, $11Y Snell, $2A Woodruff, $21A Paddack, $23A Gallen, $5A Manaea, $15A(minors) Adell, $2A(minors) Gore

Rebuilder (last place this year): $30A Bogaerts, $15B Bichette, $10A LeMahieu, $1B H. Dozier, $18A Mercado, $10B Andujar, $12B Hamels, $1B T. Richards, $10A(minors) W.Franco
                          Rebuilder (13th place): $10B Meadows, $2A W.Calhoun, $2A Vogelbach, $4B Hampson, $8B Semien, $9A Newman, $7A Olson, $2B Boyd, $10A Y.Chirinos
                          Rebuilder (12th place): $16B Villar, $15Y Robles, $21A D.Gordon, $6Y Haniger, $6Y Clevinger, $26A Madbum, $2A Davies, $5A(minors) Trammell
                          Rebuilder (7th place): $24A Alonso, $11X Merrifield, $15B Tatis, $8A Bell, $11A Soler, $6Y Pham, $15B Conforto, $7A Mancini, $17B Corbin, $1B Dakota Hudson, $10Y Severino, $1A German, $6A Kela, $2B(minors) Mountcastle

The 7th place team's list may be an upgrade to mine, but I think we are pretty close. They others are pretty far behind.
                          Will you give any of your B keepers a raise. Or do you use that money to buy another keeper to defend your title?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Will you give any of your B keepers a raise. Or do you use that money to buy another keeper to defend your title?
                            Acuna and Mondesi both get raises - Acuna at least 2 yr / $10 and Mondesi probably just 1 year / $5. I think having them for 2-3 years increases my chances to win (or win multiple) over that range, and the cost increase doesn't push me outside of the top 2 or 3 keeper lists. I also have trade ammunition to improve my list - I expect to be able to sell some potential keepers like $38A Blackmon or $40A Springer this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                            X