No announcement yet.

Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I generally agree with the concept, “defund the police” has to be the worst branding ever. Not surprised there’s no one on board.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      While I generally agree with the concept, “defund the police” has to be the worst branding ever. Not surprised there’s no one on board.
      YES!!l
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

HR-1, the "George Floyd Justice in Policing Act", has passed the House of Representatives with near unanimous (two votes against) Democratic support and almost no (just one vote for) Republican support. Legislation aims to establish a national standard for operation of police depts.; mandate data collection on encounters; invest in community-based policing programs; streamline federal law to prosecute excessive force; establish independent prosecutors for police investigations.

Edit: The lone Republican who voted for the Act apparently pushed the wrong button by accident, lol. No Republicans at all in support.
        Really hope this one moves through the Senate despite the obstructionists. Best police bill I've ever seen by an enormous longshot. Bans no-knock warrants, prohibits racial profiling, redirects money to community-based programs (see, that's how you brand defund the police effectively), and lowers the criminal intent for abusive police officers from willful to knowingly or recklessly, which is very important. Biden is pushing for this one publicly, which will help. Fingers crossed. This would be a fantastic move forward in the mind of anyone serious about justice reform.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Really hope this one moves through the Senate despite the obstructionists. Best police bill I've ever seen by an enormous longshot. Bans no-knock warrants, prohibits racial profiling, redirects money to community-based programs (see, that's how you brand defund the police effectively), and lowers the criminal intent for abusive police officers from willful to knowingly or recklessly, which is very important. Biden is pushing for this one publicly, which will help. Fingers crossed. This would be a fantastic move forward in the mind of anyone serious about justice reform.
          From what I have read, this can't be mandated to the states and would only be law for federal police and property
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            From what I have read, this can't be mandated to the states and would only be law for federal police and property
            State police powers are protected under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution.

Comment

• Look at this absolute fucking garbage human, police chief gives a FULL defense of the motivations of a racist mass murderer who killed 8 people in Atlanta, seeking to kill as many Asian people as he could.

The quotes are despicable.

"The suspect did take responsibility for the shootings. He said that early on once we began the interviews with him. He claims that these, and as the chief said, it's still early, but he does claim that it was not racially motivated. He apparently has an issue, what he considers a sex addiction and sees these locations as something that allows him to go to these places, and its a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate."

The killer screamed "I'm going to kill all the Asians!" during the incident...

More quotes from this fucking piece of trash police chief: "Investigators who interviewed him this morning, they got that impression, that yes, he understood the gravity of it. He had been pretty much fed up, and kinda up his rope, and uhm, yesterday was a really bad day for him, and this is what he did."

Do police white supremacy? You tell me.

Sidenote: I live in Vancouver, with some of the most frequent anti-Asian sentiment heard frequently. My wife's friend is Filipino, and she's had a few very aggressive public confrontations from racists in the last few months with nobody stepping in to shut it down. Very scary stuff, and I see it as an escalation from the type of anti-Asian Covid rhetoric that's partly from the Trump camp, but also partly from news sources like rhd has been posting.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I think the jury is still out on the primary motivation for these horrendous crimes, as it does seem sex and guilt related to his religion was a big part of it, because of what these places were to him, and the fact that he did not just kill Asians in these shootings.

But it also seems likely that mixed up in there was some anti-Asian sentiment that compounded the guilt and self-loathing. Regardless, he should be fried for being a mass murderer, and I am dumbfounded that a Police Chief could use such minimizing language when talking about mass murder, throwing in a good helping of implied victim blaming into the mix as well. Oh, and this Chief also promoted anti-Asian sentiments by pimping pro-Trump tshirts sayings such as "COVID-19 Imported from Chy-na." It seemed very clear that he was eager to accept the murderer's claim that anti-Asian sentiment was not part of his motives and spread that to the media as quickly as he could.

Anti-Asian sentiment is on the rise, and needs to be addressed and this ex-Blackwater chief clearly does not want this mass murder to be an opportunity for national attention to this issue. On the other hand, it is overly simplistic and myopic for those on the left to focus entirely on that, when this could also be an opportunity to address the dangers of society and religion allowing sex work but condemning it morally, as well as the implicit condoning and explicit condemning and dehumanizing of sex workers and the lack of acknowledgement afforded a group of people that operate with the full knowledge of the police, but without their protections. Even before Kraft got caught, the fact that many Asian Massage Parlors are rub and tug establishments was a worst kept secret. If a society wants to handle this sort of thing like that, as long as sex trafficking is not a part of it (and in these places, it usually is not sex trafficking as much as it is middle-aged Asian women who choose this path, because few other options are available to them and their families that are as lucrative), that is fine, except that when something like this happens, or lesser but still serious crimes, these women have no place to turn and are victim blamed and shamed by police chief's like this.

I don't think the limbo places like this exist in are fair to the workers. A society should either accept this practice, decriminalize and regulate it to ensure as much as possible is being done for public safety and the safety of the individual sex workers, or we should come clean on what is happening and crack down on it. Trying to have it both ways and then seeing how some want to minimize such a horrific crime, because of the jobs these women had is sickening.

Comment

• This is fucking disgusting.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Disgusting, but not surprising. Despite cases like this being brought to public attention, most LEOs are undertrained and ill-prepared to deal with those with mental disabilities. Their reactions after the fact are just more evidence that an emotional quotient test should be required for all LEOs, and empathy training should be as essential as fire arms training. We give LEOs tremendous power in our society, and I continue to maintain they are an essential part of our society, but we must do a better job of making sure they are up to the task of serving and protecting people in a professional way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Disgusting, but not surprising. Despite cases like this being brought to public attention, most LEOs are undertrained and ill-prepared to deal with those with mental disabilities. Their reactions after the fact are just more evidence that an emotional quotient test should be required for all LEOs, and empathy training should be as essential as fire arms training. We give LEOs tremendous power in our society, and I continue to maintain they are an essential part of our society, but we must do a better job of making sure they are up to the task of serving and protecting people in a professional way.
                      Your solution, re-training, has been tried many times. There is no amount of re-training that can teach empathy, or the importance of not abusing authority. It's not possible.

Defund police, focus on the 10% of police work that truly couldn't be handled by other agencies. This would be a much more effective course of action, don't you think?

I agree this isn't surprising. But I disagree that training would have any effect whatsoever other than further increasing bloated police budgets.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Your solution, re-training, has been tried many times. There is no amount of re-training that can teach empathy, or the importance of not abusing authority. It's not possible.

Defund police, focus on the 10% of police work that truly couldn't be handled by other agencies. This would be a much more effective course of action, don't you think?

I agree this isn't surprising. But I disagree that training would have any effect whatsoever other than further increasing bloated police budgets.
                        Police budgets nationally are in line with other developed countries. Given that our society has more guns than people, higher rates of incarceration, and high crime rates overall compared to other developed nations, I don't think our police budgets are bloated--at least not compared to our Defense budget. I certainly think some of the money used on military grade weapons that some departments request, even in low crime areas, could be diverted to training and assessment of current officers without it being a big deal for the budget.

I'm sure a lot of police work could be handled by others better, but IDK about 90%. Just how much depends on a lot of things. Decriminalizing pot is a nice little start. That is an example of laws on the books being part of the problem. Maybe we could downsize a good bit in a lot of places, if some of the current laws we have were changed, but beyond the legalized pot thing, IDK if there will be a lot of traction for much else that would help. For example, there was the potential for a massive cut back on traffic cops with the move toward traffic cams, but there was massive push back on them, as they seemed not to deter behavior, but really just be a money maker for cities that used them. And a lot of folks (ok, mostly just white folks) still like the idea of having tons of police around. Despite the calls to defund on the left, I just don't see any real, widespread defunding ever happening, and if it did, it would lead to more privatization, which would just make things worse. So, instead of trying to get rid of them, it is better to fight to purge any that have problematic track records or psychological profiles, retrain the rest, and make sure all new officers pass rigorous tests and receive adequate training I think such efforts have a shot of making headway.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-28-2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• This is a remarkable case that shows tremendous restraint by officers. Of course, the obvious questions is if these were two black kids, would officers have shown such restraint, risking their own lives for a long time as they were being fired upon? While history tells us no, I don't know these cops, so IDK, but I do know these two kids are very lucky to be alive. Both the 12 year old boy and 14 year old girl kept spraying the cops with bullets and you can hear one on the radio pleading for restraint and patience, and the other one pleading with some higher power, saying he did not want to do this. Really, given the circumstances, I could not have blamed these cops if one or both of these kids ended up dead. I applaud their restraint and hope they would have acted the same way even if the kids had darker skin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/12...ice/vi-AAKGD1I

Comment

• Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that since 2015, more than 400,000 people have been treated in emergency rooms because of violent interactions with police or security guards. But there’s almost no nationwide data on the nature or circumstances of their injuries. Many of the country’s roughly 18,000 law enforcement agencies don’t tally or make public the number of people who need medical care after officers break their arms, bruise their faces or shock them with Tasers.
                            That is deeply troubling.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              But not at all surprising.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Police routinely fabricating evidence of gunshots that didn't exist to obtain convictions:

Prosecutors in Chicago are being forced to withdraw evidence generated by the technology, which led to the police killing of 13-year-old Adam Toledo earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X