Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    When you watch compilation videos of LEOs behaving abhorrently, it is easy to think they are all doing that. To answer Gregg, as I've repeatedly sought to establish, I believe police work in important. It is an essential part of an imperfect society filled with imperfect people. Looting is happening right now. Violence is happening. Crimes are committed. Police are needed. But what the constant stream of videos showing bad behavior from the police highlights is that there are not only some bad apples, but systemic issues of training and a culture that needs fundamental changes. These simple facts have long been true. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. We have a prison industrial complex that focuses on keeping people behind bars over reform. We have a justice system that favors the rich and white (I'd say in that order). And we have police who should never have been given a badge and a culture that hides away bad behavior like the Catholic church did with pedophile priests.

But again I say to TW, I think your life experiences and focus on the videos of bad cop behavior blind you to the fact that many police actions are required, that many do their job well most of the time, and that without them doing that job, there would be more crime and chaos. To look at every cop as a villain is to engage in the same prejudice that some cops have when they look at every black man as a threat. There are lots of good cops trying their best to do good work. But there are also many bad cops, and all of them exist in a broken system that strong arms the good ones into supporting the bad. It is a mafia-type culture and it needs to be reformed.
    Its easy. Join the citizens in protest of the police murders, or continue to escalate the violence against peaceful protesters in defense of police murder? None of the citizens being beaten have weapons. We've seen these peaceful protestors joined in solidarity with their police in a few places. Flint, somewhere in New Jersey, maybe another one or two. But the vast majority made their choice to defend the terror by escalating the violence and terrorizing people because that's what they're trained to do. The politicians further defend the terrorism! Fucking Bill De Blasio saying NYPD showed extraordinary restraint needs to resign. He was asked "regarding the police driving into crowds of people, how is that in any way on the table?" Disgusting piece of shit, prematurely sending the message to police that they can continue the escalation. That's the problem. Its state sponsored terror, nearly across the board. Terrifying.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Its easy. Join the citizens in protest of the police murders, or continue to escalate the violence against peaceful protesters in defense of police murder?
      I agree with you

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      the vast majority made their choice to defend the terror by escalating the violence and terrorizing people because that's what they're trained to do.
      Can you cite sources on the "vast majority" claim? Local areas I've seen actually fell into the "flint or maybe another or two" category. I know Houston, and my local town (not large enough to mention) and a few others around me.

The politicians further defend the terrorism! Fucking Bill De Blasio saying NYPD showed extraordinary restraint needs to resign. He was asked "regarding the police driving into crowds of people, how is that in any way on the table?" Disgusting piece of shit, prematurely sending the message to police that they can continue the escalation. That's the problem. Its state sponsored terror, nearly across the board. Terrifying.
      I agree

Comment

• How hard would this have been to replicate? Police cheered, as they speak out, put their weapons down and march together against police killings, in solidarity with the protestors. Beautiful.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefe View Post
          Damn i kinda wanna post this on facebook.
          Feel free. I don't go on fb myself, but don't mind my thoughts out there.

Comment

How hard would this have been to replicate? Police cheered, as they speak out, put their weapons down and march together against police killings, in solidarity with the protestors. Beautiful.
            maybe I'm missing it but this is what you are saying DIDN'T happen right?

Comment

How hard would this have been to replicate? Police cheered, as they speak out, put their weapons down and march together against police killings, in solidarity with the protestors. Beautiful.

Admirable leadership right there. Wonderful to see. Proves the point that there are good cops out there, no? We need more of them speaking up for systemic change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Admirable leadership right there. Wonderful to see. Proves the point that there are good cops out there, no? We need more of them speaking up for systemic change.
                Exactly, there are many places like this, but the bad ones--OMG are just brutal and unfortunately seem to over shadow the others.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Exactly, there are many places like this, but the bad ones--OMG are just brutal and unfortunately seem to over shadow the others.
                  Spot on. There have been many instances like the example posted above. The bad ones tend to overshadow the good, which makes sense, and we need to focus on addressing those issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    This is what I'm saying. Its a horror show. It resembles the actual Purge movies.

Other examples of good cops I've seen highlighted are few and far between. I saw a big tough guy cop beating up a citizen, and another cop yells and chases the MF away, while the guy filming cheers "hell yeah, defend us! Thank you! That's all we want!"

Seriously, most of the videos are of giant crowds of police attacking crowds of protestors in unison.

I'll list some of the things I've seen.

Drive-by cop opens door into person at full speed...
                    Drive-by cop pepper sprays indiscriminately as it passes crowds...
                    Cop shoots teargas canister directly into the face of protestor at close range, losing an eyeball looking like that girl from Hostel before she jumped in front of the train...
                    Cops repeatedly grabbing citizens phones, lawfully recording, and smashing them, instigating further disruption and chaos...
                    Cops driving into crowds several times now, where they are clearly trying to injure people for sick thrills...
                    Cop grabs 100 lb woman and smashes her entire body like a rag doll into the pavement. She suffered a seizure and was hospitalized...
                    Cops beating people indiscriminately with clubs...
                    Cops using riot shields to smash heads indiscriminately, including sending an old guy with a walker sprawling all over the sidewalk...
                    Cops attacking reporters for fun, over and over now, Ari Velshi saying all of the attacks on the protestors and him were unprovoked...

I've seen upwards of 100 cops beating unarmed protestors now. Are there some police or governmental responses that seem respectful of people's right to protest? Yes, but they seem few and far between. If anybody has other examples of good responses to the George Floyd protests, go ahead and post them. But I suspect you are greatly outnumbered because the system is designed to instigate violence to maintain the prison industrial pipeline.

Comment

• Protests in my city were peaceful and well organized, and police didn't engage or escalate; the protests culminated in a central and important public park and playground. Unfortunately, the public playground--a really wonderful public space purposefully built centrally located and accessible to poorer folks in the community, including many POC, and had great features of those with handicaps and impairments was burned down late last night after the peaceful protests.. Before COVID, I took my two young boys there all the time. Really wonderful space that brought all sorts of folks and their kids together. A real shame someone decided to do this (I doubt whoever did it had kids and I know they did not care about the community at all). I wish whoever did it was stopped, and I hope the police find them. I won't speculate on the motives. It could be a misguided person angry about police violence, or it could be someone angry at how orderly and peaceful the protests of the day had been on the other side of things. IDK.

But the community is resilient, and the builders of the space and other volunteers have already offered to help rebuild. Donations from the community are already being made. And luckily, the historic merry go round featured in an episode of the Twilight Zone (Rod Serling is from Binghamton) was spared.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall
                        This is what I'm saying
                        ... later

Yes, but they seem few and far between.
                        I'm sorry but I'm honestly not following you. You agreed that there were many and then you said there are few.

I don't think the good examples are getting the media attention right now, at least not on the national scale, because lets talk about something I agree with you on for a second, they aren't as *important* as the terrible examples on the other side. 100 examples of cops doing the right thing DOESN'T make up for 1 bad. You are right, it just doesn't.

The bad overshadows the good.

It's not because it's mostly bad. It's because 99% (pulling a number out of my ass) isn't good enough.

That's what this is about. We've got to get to 100%. And I agree with you on that part. Blaming the "bad cop" doesn't work anymore. There's no more room for bad cops.

Comment

• In the too little too late category, the Louisville (I lived there for five years) mayor fired the police chief that allowed his officers to not turn on body cams, so there is no footage of them shooting and killing a restaurant owner: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86728...-shot-to-death. This is AFTER police killed Breonna Taylor in her home when the entered guns blazing with a no knock warrant, which is what the Louisville protests were primarily about (which just highlights that George Floyd is not unique in being a POC killed by poolice recently): https://www.nytimes.com/article/breo...or-police.html

I understand the logic behind no knock warrants, and can think of scenarios where they make sense, but I'm still not a fan of them, for precisely the outcome that happened in this case. If you don't know who is busting through your door, it can turn even worse than if you know you are surrounded by the police.

Comment

• I'm saying I've seen over a hundred clips now. Police are instigating the violence over and over again and the problem is that they're being backed up at every level. None of them will see repercussions for any of it, so they push the limits even further. Nobody in the chain of command has any guts to defund the police to bring them to heel. Nothing less will make them care. They're instigating the lootings and violence to increase their police budgets. That's why black people are seen over and over again either stopping, shaming, or attempting to prevent white instigators from damaging property or looting. They know it only plays into police hands.

If you absolve it all as part of what they need to do to keep the peace, or just a few bad apples, I implore you to take the time to watch all of the disgusting highlight reels to fully form your opinion.

I forgot to mention cops are also working together with white supremacists in destroying and or vandalizing property. NYPD police union doxed DeBlasio's daughter, a common alt-right attack, which might be why he kissed their ass so hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I don't think the good examples are getting the media attention right now, at least not on the national scale, because lets talk about something I agree with you on for a second, they aren't as *important* as the terrible examples on the other side. 100 examples of cops doing the right thing DOESN'T make up for 1 bad. You are right, it just doesn't.
                              This reminds me of the Chris Rock bit making fun of people who brag about doing their jobs, like a dad saying "I take care of my kids." Yes, that is what you are supposed to do!

Also, using your example, just for the point--there are about 700k-1 million LEOs in the country (depending on who you count). If 1 in 100 really is bad, that is 7k-10k people with a badge and a gun doing harm to people they are supposed to be protecting. That is a scary number on its own, and just based on people in general, it is probably a low figure. It is why major reform is needed. The watchmen are important in a society, but watching the watchmen is important as well. We need to do a better job as a people.

Comment

• Another interesting bit of info is that we call China a police state, but we beat China in terms of how many LEOs we have relatively to our population by a lot--like we have double their number. But to be fair, we are middle of the pack in terms of all countries in the world, and no where near places like Argentina and Russia. It would be great if as a species would could get to a point of needing less LEOs, but we are a long way off from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X