Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Cops are gonna say whatever they can to save their asses and their corrupt brothers in blue are going to do what they can to help them get away with this.
    Right. The thing is, in the past, they always got the benefit of the doubt from most people, at least most white people. I think the tide is turning on that. Without bodycam footage on this, I am not inclined to believe their account of what happened before the video we have started. I do fear a jury will, though, and I fear what will happen when that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Right. The thing is, in the past, they always got the benefit of the doubt from most people, at least most white people. I think the tide is turning on that. Without bodycam footage on this, I am not inclined to believe their account of what happened before the video we have started. I do fear a jury will, though, and I fear what will happen when that happens.
      I'm not afraid. We know the likely outcome and I'm fine with more rioting and violence until the damn problem is ether fixed or well on it's way to being so.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I'm not afraid. We know the likely outcome and I'm fine with more rioting and violence until the damn problem is ether fixed or well on it's way to being so.
        Or another 17 year old comes in to protect property and more end up shot and killed. Business as usual in blue may be like gun laws in this country. It may be a thing that no amount of lost life changes. I hope that is not the case. When politicians fail the people, the people take it upon themselves to enact change. Against this current admin, I fear it is a losing battle in many places, though. We already see the nameless troops being sent to places, and in some places law enforcement is actively aligning with armed civilians on the other side of this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Gregg, I'm so sorry you're worried for your daughter who is putting her life on the line by doing the right thing. I'm sure its really difficult seeing these shootings and worrying for your daughter's safety. I can't even fathom it.

Sorry to pry, but I'd like to ask a few personal questions, and promise I'm not looking to attack you. If you don't wanna get into personal stuff, no worries. How did you feel to know that police gave aid and comfort to white supremacist terrorists with guns and allegedly told the group "we're going to push the protestors down towards you guys and we'll let you handle it." (Source is a video of a white supremacist with assault weapon telling this to a group from the other side, i have no idea of context or verification, but given the other videos we've seen, it fits) How does it make you feel that police support the outside shithead terrorists with assault rifles, both in action, out in the street saying they appreciate them and giving them water from a million dollar armored SUV that your tax dollars paid for, as well as in rhetoric, the police chief after the multiple homicide described the shooter as "the 17 year old who was involved in the use of firearms was trying to resolve the problems that were taking place."... does it make you feel like police are protecting the public, or purposefully looking to ignite chaos to justify their own presence? Or was it just a poor decision of several police to befriend the militia, as well as a poor choice of words for the police chief to praise the killer as looking to resolve problems? Clearly, the police presence did nothing but make the situation more volatile rather than less, as it often does. Do you think these were mistakes that could be remedied through better training, or would it be better resolved by utilizing their service less, and more of other specialized services taking their place? I think clearly some combination of re-training and re-structuring response networks, diverting funds and services elsewhere is clearly the answer. But as they currently function, I lean towards cutting funds first, re-training is something every profession should constantly administer, so this should be standard OP for police already.

I just wouldn't be able to comprehend the police coordinating with loosely organized white supremacists to kill protestors that my daughter participated in. It sickens me. This is the reality going on all over the place, with bloated budgets and unaccountable corruption run rampant. This is why I say "defund", but ultimately what I mean is "divert", to other essential services that won't endanger the public so willfully and without accountability. I hope my perspective seems more rational given recent events.

Lastly, have you considered gifting your daughter a bullet proof vest? I would feel 5-10% safer if my child wore one to protest (I mean... in America, obviously).

Sorry for rambling. Sorry for not sourcing the police chief comment, but its a direct quote I transcribed, which is why the language is so strange.
          First let me say thank you for the kind words concerning my daughter.

I can't answer your other questions as we were living it in real time with no knowledge of what was coming on the horizon. As news started coming in my Wife and I were obviously freaked out a bit. And then relieved when she was safe.

We knew that our daughter was going to participate in the peaceful protests in Kenosha. I also knew that there would be no talking her out of it. Having lived long enough to have been around for the Martin Luther King era and the Vietnam protests I am very aware that things can go south in a hurry. I am not a believer in violent protests.
          No one wins.

So I told her that I knew she had to go and was praying for her safety. I also told her that our family has had enough death to deal with this year and asked her to be extra careful. We could not bear her being a martyr for this cause. She thanked me and told me she loved me and would be careful. I remember the immortality of being 25 and my idealism so it was not a lot of consolation. So I prayed and then thanked God when she was home safe.

She was there for the peaceful demonstration/protest for Jacob Blake all the rest of what happened with the police, the 17 year old, the burning of buildings, the looting of innocent shop keepers are the reality of what can happen when protesting takes on a life of it's own. This is what scares me.

I did not think of getting her a bullet proof vest. I am going to look into it. Thank you.

Comment

• Maybe it is the restraint of the LEO, and he'd have shown it with anyone...I don't know. Statistically, though, if this man were black, he'd have a much higher chance of ending up dead acting like with with a LEO. He threatened to kill the LEO at the end of the video and still got to drive away alive:

https://twitter.com/places/f77b0bf942a40070

Comment

• Dude, Seriously?

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Under the LO-frigging-L, Defund the Police actress and activist Alyssa Milano called 911 for this:

Actress Alyssa Milano called police when she believed an armed gunman was on her Bell Canyon property in California on Sunday morning.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Under the LO-frigging-L, Defund the Police actress and activist Alyssa Milano called 911 for this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lling-911.html
                    This post wasn't worthy of engagement.
                    Last edited by Teenwolf; 09-23-2020, 08:40 AM. Reason: Broke my own rule and fed a troll
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Your contributions in all other threads have been valuable. I've found you to be a solid analyst on politics and valuable contributor to the fantasy side.
                      Agreed!!

Comment

Your contributions in this thread, due to your repeated open racism on this board, are 100% worthless. Keep your white supremacist skewed bullshit to yourself. You won't find anybody laughing with you about your piece of shit police state.
                        This is very disappointing to read. It does anger me. How men (including the political threads) of such intelligence think it is OK to write personal attacks is beyond me.

Comment

Your contributions in all other threads have been valuable. I've found you to be a solid analyst on politics and valuable contributor to the fantasy side.

Your contributions in this thread, due to your repeated open racism on this board, are 100% worthless. Keep your white supremacist skewed bullshit to yourself. You won't find anybody laughing with you about your piece of shit police state.
                          Gah. Is a post pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who wants to defund the police and then calls them worthy of this level of vitriol? I get it, Chance has expressed opinions about race and culture that can be interpreted as establishing cultural hierarchies that place traditional WASP values and worldviews on top, and your interpretation of that has been overt and conscious racism. And that belief informs your response to this specific post. But taken on its own, this specific post does not warrant your response.

What I think it does warrant in reengagement on what we all mean when we say "defund the police," and on the issue of meaningful police reform. For me, as I've stated many times, LEOs are a necessary part of an imperfect society, but it is clear we need sweeping and real and meaningful reforms in vetting, training, oversight, and accountability.

I have not taken the time to learn what Milano meant by it, but if she did mean doing away with a large number of them, is there not some irony in her calling the police, for her gated mansion, on a kid with an air gun? Does not someone on the right here deserve the opportunity to point that out? And if in doing so, someone wants to defend her, by pointing out that we should, ideally, live in a society where all citizens, not just rich celebrities in gated mansions, should feel safe and comfortable calling the police without fear that doing so will escalate a situation to the point that someone will get shot and killed needlessly, that seems reasonable to me. But shouting "white supremist, go away!" at any and all posts that you disagree with is counterproductive to actual dialogue. Who is left to engage if we shout away those few on the right here, especially one that actually brings substance to the table, which is even rarer still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Gah. Is a post pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who wants to defund the police and then calls them worthy of this level of vitriol? I get it, Chance has expressed opinions about race and culture that can be interpreted as establishing cultural hierarchies that place traditional WASP values and worldviews on top, and your interpretation of that has been overt and conscious racism. And that belief informs your response to this specific post. But taken on its own, this specific post does not warrant your response.

What I think it does warrant in reengagement on what we all mean when we say "defund the police," and on the issue of meaningful police reform. For me, as I've stated many times, LEOs are a necessary part of an imperfect society, but it is clear we need sweeping and real and meaningful reforms in vetting, training, oversight, and accountability.

I have not taken the time to learn what Milano meant by it, but if she did mean doing away with a large number of them, is there not some irony in her calling the police, for her gated mansion, on a kid with an air gun? Does not someone on the right here deserve the opportunity to point that out? And if in doing so, someone wants to defend her, by pointing out that we should, ideally, live in a society where all citizens, not just rich celebrities in gated mansions, should feel safe and comfortable calling the police without fear that doing so will escalate a situation to the point that someone will get shot and killed needlessly, that seems reasonable to me. But shouting "white supremist, go away!" at any and all posts that you disagree with is counterproductive to actual dialogue. Who is left to engage if we shout away those few on the right here, especially one that actually brings substance to the table, which is even rarer still.
                            If you want to engage with shit like this, or like 1Jay yesterday, and take them as being genuine and ignore the faulty premise they enter the debate with, that's up to you. I'm not wasting my time, which is why it was stupid for me to take the bait and respond to him.

Go ahead, Chancellor, post whatever shit you like. "there's a problem with a certain culture, but it's not the police". Not a serious person to debate this stuff with.

As I say, he's been a great contributor on other topics with a lot of valuable insight. But I think it's erroneous to forget his racism when its relevant. Maybe with less vitriol than I expressed. But ultimately, better to just ignore it.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Also, Alyssa Milano is a fucking idiot. End of story. No further analysis necessary.

Comment

Also, Alyssa Milano is a fucking idiot. End of story. No further analysis necessary.
                                Well see, here is something we can all agree on!

Comment

Working...
                                X