Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Nobody in the chain of command has any guts to defund the police to bring them to heel. Nothing less will make them care.
    How does that play out? Honestly interested in your end game - are you suggesting anarchy? Isn't that what defunding police brings? Or you think we can self regulate somehow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      How does that play out? Honestly interested in your end game - are you suggesting anarchy? Isn't that what defunding police brings? Or you think we can self regulate somehow?
      Police are funded to ridiculous degrees, as you see the military vehicles and weapons they're using in this protests against people throwing rocks and water bottles. Not needed.

I really don't see this playing out positively no matter what happens. But you need some accountability. If they can't be charged for the crimes they commit, maybe they'll be bumped to the top of the list for cuts when the budget is slashed. Of course, you would need to decriminalize Marijuana federally, at a minimum, and Biden says the jury is still out on whether weed is a gateway drug, so you're probably just screwed for a very long time. But if you feel safe and protected through your social status or whiteness enough that you think everyone should just calm down and go back to taking the abuse in silence, i would remind you of MLK's warning of the white liberal. The actual protestors are not looting or instigating violence, so their right to protest should be protected. Police should only use violence as a defense or response to threats, and should be held accountable for breaking the law themselves. Until this happens, no justice, no peace. Protestors will put their bodies in harms way to show the world the brutality of the police. Very noble, IMO.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I read a tweet last night that I had difficulty believing so did a bit of research to check if it was true ... both of these are North Carolina state requirements ...

Originally posted by study.com
        To become a registered barber, individuals must complete at least 1,528 hours of training at an approved barber school, perform a 12-month apprenticeship supervised by a licensed barber and pass a state board examination.
        Originally posted by lawenforcemnetedu.net
        The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Training Academy's Basic Law Enforcement Training Program (BLET) is 22 weeks long and consists of more than 900 hours of training (The State of North Carolina requires just 604 hours of training.).
        seems like this might be part of the problem.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Police are funded to ridiculous degrees, as you see the military vehicles and weapons they're using in this protests against people throwing rocks and water bottles. Not needed.
          If they are funded to ridiculous degrees, it doesn't seem like removing some of that funding works. 1 less military vehicle doesn't protect George Floyd.

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I really don't see this playing out positively no matter what happens. But you need some accountability. If they can't be charged for the crimes they commit, maybe they'll be bumped to the top of the list for cuts when the budget is slashed.
          I agree, more accountability is needed.

Of course, you would need to decriminalize Marijuana federally, at a minimum, and Biden says the jury is still out on whether weed is a gateway drug, so you're probably just screwed for a very long time. But if you feel safe and protected through your social status or whiteness enough that you think everyone should just calm down and go back to taking the abuse in silence, i would remind you of MLK's warning of the white liberal.
          I don't think I've heard anyone here saying that everyone should just calm down at all.

The actual protestors are not looting or instigating violence, so their right to protest should be protected. Police should only use violence as a defense or response to threats, and should be held accountable for breaking the law themselves. Until this happens, no justice, no peace. Protestors will put their bodies in harms way to show the world the brutality of the police. Very noble, IMO.
          Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            ... later

I'm sorry but I'm honestly not following you. You agreed that there were many and then you said there are few.

I don't think the good examples are getting the media attention right now, at least not on the national scale, because lets talk about something I agree with you on for a second, they aren't as *important* as the terrible examples on the other side. 100 examples of cops doing the right thing DOESN'T make up for 1 bad. You are right, it just doesn't.

The bad overshadows the good.

It's not because it's mostly bad. It's because 99% (pulling a number out of my ass) isn't good enough.

That's what this is about. We've got to get to 100%. And I agree with you on that part. Blaming the "bad cop" doesn't work anymore. There's no more room for bad cops.
            We can never, ever, ever, ever, ever get to 100%. Cant stop trying, but 100% is impossible
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              We can never, ever, ever, ever, ever get to 100%. Cant stop trying, but 100% is impossible
              That should be the standard, however, should it not? Any exceptions should be dealt with quickly and emphatically. Of course we will never reach perfection, but as a society we have tolerated something far short of that for far too long. If most of the bad cops were getting fired and those who committed serious crimes were being prosecuted and convicted, it would be one thing, but that's not happening.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                That should be the standard, however, should it not? Any exceptions should be dealt with quickly and emphatically. Of course we will never reach perfection, but as a society we have tolerated something far short of that for far too long. If most of the bad cops were getting fired and those who committed serious crimes were being prosecuted and convicted, it would be one thing, but that's not happening.
                Yep. Agree 100%
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Some of you may remember a case in Houston last year where a narcotics officer falsified informant testimony in order to obtain a no-knock warrant in a drug case that ended with two innocent residents of the home being killed by police. The officer was fired and is facing charges. After that point it came to light that the officer had been involved in falsifying evidence in other cases against mostly African-American suspects, possibly over 100 such cases. One of those cases that is under review involved...

George Floyd.

Yes, that George Floyd. What happened in Minneapolis was not an isolated incident in his life.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Whole thread on what happened in Fort Worth last night at the Tarrant County Courthouse is worth reading. It brought me to tears:

Comment

Good post, I fully agree. Its about accountability.

The issue of quality control comes up in this Chris Rock quote: "Here's the thing. I know it's hard being a cop. I know. I know that shits dangerous. I know it is, okay? But some jobs can't have bad apples. Ok? Some jobs, everybody gotta be good. Like... pilots. -- you know? American Airlines can't be like "most of our pilots like to land. We just got a few bad apples... that like to crash into mountains. Please bear with us."
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Well lack of accountability also brings in the culpability of the unions. Look at what Minneapolis union chief is saying today, utter tool.

The head of the Minneapolis police union says George Floyd’s “violent criminal history” needs to be remembered and that the protests over his death are the work of a “terror…
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Whole thread on what happened in Fort Worth last night at the Tarrant County Courthouse is worth reading. It brought me to tears:

https://twitter.com/KaleyAJohnson/st...91496494129156
                          This is next door to where I work. I had to tell people in my team to go home early from work yesterday. Scary situation especially when SWAT came in but thankfully it ended well.

Comment

Whole thread on what happened in Fort Worth last night at the Tarrant County Courthouse is worth reading. It brought me to tears:

https://twitter.com/KaleyAJohnson/st...91496494129156
                            Me too. what a rollercoaster of emotion. It gives me hope. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Wow, 60,000 people gathered in downtown Houston today to march in memory of George Floyd.

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X