Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Under the LO-frigging-L, Defund the Police actress and activist Alyssa Milano called 911 for this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lling-911.html
    Some people are really good at shooting themselves in the foot.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Some people are really good at shooting themselves in the foot.
      True, but what does Plaxico Burress have to do with it?

Comment

• Last weekend due to a setting malfunction, I locked my keys in my car. The spare set was in my wife's purse also in the car, next to our cell phones. We were in my Grandson's Dad's driveway.

He is a blond long hair hippie biker looking man, living with his black fiance and their 4 month old son (the reason we stopped to meet the baby).

He called Lake Villa Police for us. All of us were in the driveway when the officer arrived. He was very pleasant and respectful. He took my information and then worked for an hour and 15 minutes to get us unlocked. He told me he wanted to keep his perfect record of unlocking intact.

There were no signs of bigotry or implying we were idiots. Just a nice officer who took the time to help us. We thanked him and then we all went our separate ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Last weekend due to a setting malfunction, I locked my keys in my car. The spare set was in my wife's purse also in the car, next to our cell phones. We were in my Grandson's Dad's driveway.

He is a blond long hair hippie biker looking man, living with his black fiance and their 4 month old son (the reason we stopped to meet the baby).

He called Lake Villa Police for us. All of us were in the driveway when the officer arrived. He was very pleasant and respectful. He took my information and then worked for an hour and 15 minutes to get us unlocked. He told me he wanted to keep his perfect record of unlocking intact.

There were no signs of bigotry or implying we were idiots. Just a nice officer who took the time to help us. We thanked him and then we all went our separate ways.
          I feel bad for guys like that just trying to do their jobs in these times. Because of the actions of some of his brothers-in-blue, and the larger institutions he is a part of that protect them at all costs, he unfairly has a target on him. He has to walk around with a heightened sense of anxiety, because the society he is a part of has split into those who passionately support him no matter what, and those that label him as a danger to be hated, because of the uniform he wears and what he represents (and if I were in that uniform, both extremes would concern me).

I hope we can get to a point where reform happens and the whole society can get to a place of trust and respect for people in that position. We are a long ways off from that now, though, and sadly, people who have done no harm to anyone, who are just trying to do their jobs the best way they can, will get caught up in the retaliations and frustrations with a system that is in desperate need of reform.

Comment

• And in other news, Breonna Taylor was shot to death in her house and a Grand Jury decided the only bullets that were fired in error were the ones that missed her.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I feel bad for guys like that just trying to do their jobs in these times. Because of the actions of some of his brothers-in-blue, and the larger institutions he is a part of that protect them at all costs, he unfairly has a target on him. He has to walk around with a heightened sense of anxiety, because the society he is a part of has split into those who passionately support him no matter what, and those that label him as a danger to be hated, because of the uniform he wears and what he represents (and if I were in that uniform, both extremes would concern me).

I hope we can get to a point where reform happens and the whole society can get to a place of trust and respect for people in that position. We are a long ways off from that now, though, and sadly, people who have done no harm to anyone, who are just trying to do their jobs the best way they can, will get caught up in the retaliations and frustrations with a system that is in desperate need of reform.
              And the third group who respect and encourage the good ones, while wanting the bad ones to pay for their crimes. Including supporting, vetting, training, using finances to attract a higher caliber of officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                And the third group who respect and encourage the good ones, while wanting the bad ones to pay for their crimes. Including supporting, vetting, training, using finances to attract a higher caliber of officers.
                Unfortunately these officers are vastly outnumbered and handcuffed by their superiors and unions so frankly, until they start getting change to happen, good cops do move the needle for those who continue to be killed.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Story of Austin police targeting a woman with anti-police slogans on her vehicle:

The driver of the car had done nothing wrong. State troopers started following her because of "anti-law enforcement rhetoric" on the windows of her car.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Story of Austin police targeting a woman with anti-police slogans on her vehicle:

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/22/...zation-budget/
                    This and other bullshit like it--especially the deaths of other innocent POC, is why I shed NO tears when I hear about cops getting ambushed or shot. Until they stop acting like the run the fucking world, I say open season on em and the maybe that will inspire the good ones to stand up for what is right.

Edit: It's at the point where I'd rather deal with criminals than LEOs because at least I know where crooks are coming from and not some--are they good cops or bad cops perspective PLUS crooks aren't shielded by the Law as cops are.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This and other bullshit like it--especially the deaths of other innocent POC, is why I shed NO tears when I hear about cops getting ambushed or shot. Until they stop acting like the run the fucking world, I say open season on em and the maybe that will inspire the good ones to stand up for what is right.

Edit: It's at the point where I'd rather deal with criminals than LEOs because at least I know where crooks are coming from and not some--are they good cops or bad cops perspective PLUS crooks aren't shielded by the Law as cops are.
                      I just don't get this perspective. Isn't your brother a cop? I don't get retaliatory crimes when they are directed at other random people in a very large group. Not that I condone any sort of retaliatory crime, really, but it would make a hell of a lot more sense to me if someone attacked one of the cops who killed an innocent citizen and walked away free. Ok, I can get that to a degree. But attacking someone else who has no connection to that crime other than the uniform he wears--you think that is okay? That makes sense to you?

How would that be different from someone just randomly shooting priests, because some priests were pedophiles and the church covered for them? You would be cool with that too? Even if it came out that the priest killed not only was no pedophile, he was a beloved lifelong servant of his community?

Comment

• This video is nuts. 2 clips, one of a Seattle police officer riding his bike over the head of an injured protestor lying in the street motionless and pops his helmet off his head. Easily could have killed this person, horrifying video. 2nd clip shows the same injured person, apparently 5 minutes before they run over his head, lying motionless in the street. Bystanders rush to give aid to the motionless person, police scream at them "get out of the street!"

This is their response to successful defunding campaign which cut $4 million from the police budget.

There must be 20 bicycle pigs oinking to keep their victim in the street. That 3rd "A" in ACAB means ALL for a reason. They are all participants in horrific violence which is unjust. They seek to harm innocent protestors because thats what they're trained to do. The dude helping Gregg get his keys today would not have been the one out of dozens of cops to allow the injured person help. In the moment of chaos, they're trained to protect themselves first, and treat all members of the public as target practice, but especially POC, and lefty protestors. Right wing militia get fist bumps, water bottles and words of encouragement from pigs.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I just don't get this perspective. Isn't your brother a cop? I don't get retaliatory crimes when they are directed at other random people in a very large group. Not that I condone any sort of retaliatory crime, really, but it would make a hell of a lot more sense to me if someone attacked one of the cops who killed an innocent citizen and walked away free. Ok, I can get that to a degree. But attacking someone else who has no connection to that crime other than the uniform he wears--you think that is okay? That makes sense to you?

How would that be different from someone just randomly shooting priests, because some priests were pedophiles and the church covered for them? You would be cool with that too? Even if it came out that the priest killed not only was no pedophile, he was a beloved lifelong servant of his community?
                          We see things from 2 different perspectives--I do NOT believe reasonable response does anything nowadays. Do you?

Give me an example of ANY Law Enforcement shooting, that ended up with more than a slap on the wrist. I know there was ONE conviction, but how's that working for us? Has it stopped unjust shootings? Police from acting like Gestapo? Is it on the verge of changing anytime soon?

I know innocent cops might have to pay, but how can they be innocent of they do not demand their brothers in blue to be held accountable? It is a sad reality that to effect real change, sometimes innocents must die. The anger of a cop killed should rest at the feet of the bad cops, corrupt systems that allow them to continue to serve and protect them from accountability. Same goes for priests, they should have spoken up sooner, not shuffled the Pedos around, but sent them to JAIL. They STILL cover shit up in these cases.

Look I would MUCH rather things be resolved rationally and peacefully--But I don't know how anyone can look at what has and IS being done and think that's a real possibility.

How many people died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki who were totally innocent? It was HORRIFIC. BUT.....It stopped the war, saved how many other lives and turned the tide in Europe as well. Without that heinous act, we might be living Man in the High castle lives right now.

My brother IS a cop, but remember I almost let my daughter go to jail when she hit an ran a young kid 6 years ago. If my brother won't stand up to a shit system, leave it altogether and/or publicly advocate for change and he gets shot--I'll be sad, but he's made his bed. As have I, I don't expect anyone who has a differing POV to shed a tear if I get killed protesting or rioting {if it turns into that}. I can guarantee my brother would be one of the first to say--well he put himself in that position, so.....

If you can show me a better way to solve this issue NOW or really fucking soon, I'm all ears. If you can't--Why are my options so unpalatable?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't feel any bloodlust for cops to be injured or killed. But I also recognize they kill and injure far more people than lives saved that would otherwise not have been. Their very existence is a leech of my tax dollars used to intimidate and harass me. They also face less danger in their job than many other trades people, myself included. So it strikes me as "copaganda" when stories of police being hurt or shot or killed are elevated in the national dialog when they commit untold atrocities daily, largely going unpunished.

So I'm kind of ambivalent. I respect GITH's general disdain for cops, but you make good points about random acts of violence. Which is why we need to defund the largest organized perpetrators of violence.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

My brother IS a cop, but remember I almost let my daughter go to jail when she hit an ran a young kid 6 years ago. If my brother won't stand up to a shit system, leave it altogether and/or publicly advocate for change and he gets shot--I'll be sad, but he's made his bed. As have I, I don't expect anyone who has a differing POV to shed a tear if I get killed protesting or rioting {if it turns into that}. I can guarantee my brother would be one of the first to say--well he put himself in that position, so.....

If you can show me a better way to solve this issue NOW or really fucking soon, I'm all ears. If you can't--Why are my options so unpalatable?
                              I'm gonna sidestep the tangent on our use of nuclear bombs, and focus on the false equivalency between your daughter and your brother here. You and I are on the same page on your daughter. I am all for personal accountability and if my son hit and ran, I'd want him to pay the price for it too. Because it was his action. And if a bad cop who murder an innocent and got away with it got his, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. Because he got what was coming to him. But that is totally different from random acts of violence on people that did not do these things, but are merely part of a larger corrupt system. That is fucked up thinking, not only morally, but logically. It is also never, ever going to fix this. Your assumption that randomly shooting cops, no matter who they are or what they have or have not done will someone fix this problem is mindboggling to me. It would make it worse, and anti-cop movements would lose the moral high ground and any public support.

Comment

• To echo GITH's bloodlust, I will say that if I were abused by a priest as a child, I would have collected my pound of flesh. Maybe not quite a pound. How much do severed testicles weigh?

Comment

Working...
                                X