Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abstract

The increasingly visible presence of heavily armed police units in American communities has stoked widespread concern over the militarization of local law enforcement. Advocates claim militarized policing protects officers and deters violent crime, while critics allege these tactics are targeted at racial minorities and erode trust in law enforcement. Using a rare geocoded census of SWAT team deployments from Maryland, I show that militarized police units are more often deployed in communities with large shares of African American residents, even after controlling for local crime rates. Further, using nationwide panel data on local police militarization, I demonstrate that militarized policing fails to enhance officer safety or reduce local crime. Finally, using survey experiments—one of which includes a large oversample of African American respondents—I show that seeing militarized police in news reports may diminish police reputation in the mass public. In the case of militarized policing, the results suggest that the often-cited trade-off between public safety and civil liberties is a false choice.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      NYPost--you're nots good at this.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Swamp mentioned an unidentifiable enforcement presence in DC--Any ideas?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          NYPost--you're nots good at this.
          I guess that passes as clever for you.

Comment

Swamp mentioned an unidentifiable enforcement presence in DC--Any ideas?
            I read they were part of some DoD special forces unit. Search Walter Schaub on Twitter for deets.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              I guess that passes as clever for you.
              I'm a Punny Guy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm a Punny Guy.
                #dadjokes

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  #dadjokes
                  I'm glad you caught it--I was thinking my efforts would go unrecognized

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    I read they were part of some DoD special forces unit. Search Walter Schaub on Twitter for deets.
                    I don't notice Schaub clearly explaining
                    who they are?
                    why they are there?
                    and how the president can just order them up - without anyone questioning?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      I don't notice Schaub clearly explaining
                      who they are?
                      why they are there?
                      and how the president can just order them up - without anyone questioning?
                      Space Force?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Space Force?
                        oh you know Space Force is gonna have a huge logo ... the best, baddest logo ever ...

my vote is that they're private security - is Haliburton still doing this kinda thing?
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• all 57 members of the Buffalo PD ETF (Emergency Task Force) in protest of the suspension of the 2 officers who pushed that 70 something man to the ground busting open his head. Now take a minute to let that soak in--They QUIT because their fellow Officers got in trouble for almost killing a man who was doing NOTHING. Jessie, you're right--more of these fuckers are pieces of shit and shouldn't wear a badge--I hope they all quit or get fired.

Until EVERY dept. actively seeks out and gets rid of these assholes.

Fuck the Police.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The use of force on large peaceful gathering, by tear gas and rubber bullets and horse mounted police, just so trump could have the hollow photo opp in front of church with the borrowed bible, felt like a turning point. As I said, I watched it live on split screen, as did millions of others, showing yes, crowd was peaceful, yes trump delivered a banana republic strong man speech about escalating force on protestors, and as he said it the over the top use of force was being done, coordinated to the minute. We then have the the you cant believe your lyin eyes gas lighting proclamations of what happened, never mind what you watched.

Past 48 hours, this fascist action by trump has been criticized by the horrified world, including 3 sec of defense, 3 ex presidents, the pope, pat robertson, virtually every world leader of a non strongman regime, religious leaders, just anyone who is not part of the trump regime of too stupid and /or evil to run counter to der fuhrer.

The Mattis rebuke was huge, a lifelong patriot and military leader of near legendary status, who in his bones is faithful to the country. For him to speak in such stark terms regarding the monster in charge speaks to a terribly hard to get breaking point in which Mattis felt he had no choice but to speak up. The days ahead will be dark, as we are seeing the police and military hide their name tags and even branch of service so their over the top actions of suppressing people without accountability. And Barr ordered it? Could you act as any more of a consigliere? Some mixed uniform squads rain down batons on hundreds of peaceful protestors who are speaking up against flat out evil, and but 1% is being captured on cell, you still could spend hours every day watching the abuse of power until it makes you ill. How low can it go, we have miles to go.

We need to shrink police force drastically. Why are all these units like a GI Joe squad with Richie Rich funding? Any cop needs to be clearly identifiable with name and juridiction on uniform, and every damn one needs to have a working cam,stop with shutting them off and claim it was just malfunctioning ... Do that and fired, and not the current system of fired where you are just hired by force 10 miles away. This is sickening.

Comment

all 57 members of the Buffalo PD ETF (Emergency Task Force) in protest of the suspension of the 2 officers who pushed that 70 something man to the ground busting open his head. Now take a minute to let that soak in--They QUIT because their fellow Officers got in trouble for almost killing a man who was doing NOTHING. Jessie, you're right--more of these fuckers are pieces of shit and shouldn't wear a badge--I hope they all quit or get fired.

Fuck the Police.
                              I appreciate your change in tone. I was also blown away to see the entire unit resign as a protest to their fellow officers not even being charged criminally, but simply suspended without pay for cracking open that 75 year old man's skull. They had also lied in their police report, saying an elderly man "tripped", when they all saw him shoved plain as day. Lying motherfuckers, every one of them complicit.

I found this audio chilling. Its the audio from the police radio of the 2 cop cars that ran over protestors purposefully. The audio proves it. Its not 1 or 2 bad apples. They're all, universally, 100% scumbags.

"Run them over!"

"Shoot those motherfuckers!"

Followed by a 3rd voice "don't put that over the air".

Lies lies lies. They hate the public while leeching from us. Creating alternative agencies to take over the areas police do the worst with responding to would create the infrastructure to more seriously defund the police rather than window dressing reforms and kneeling with protestors for photo ops hours before attacking them again.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

all 57 members of the Buffalo PD ETF (Emergency Task Force) in protest of the suspension of the 2 officers who pushed that 70 something man to the ground busting open his head. Now take a minute to let that soak in--They QUIT because their fellow Officers got in trouble for almost killing a man who was doing NOTHING. Jessie, you're right--more of these fuckers are pieces of shit and shouldn't wear a badge--I hope they all quit or get fired.

Fuck the Police.
                                I see this as a perfect opportunity to hire and train, from the ground up, a new force with a new perspective, new training, and new guidelines to follow. What a great experiment this could be.

As for the video, I think it is a great example of the systemic problems of tactics and training. They were all geared up for a battle. They are clearly following a military mindset--to keep the peace means to bust some heads, if needed. Some may have to be put down for the greater good and order. Everyone is jacked up for a fight. Adrenaline is running high. Everyone thinks they are in the right.

And then a 75 year old man walks up slowly. He gently puts forth a cell phone that touches a LEO. In response another pushes him--not so hard that I think he intended for him to fall and be seriously hurt, but that is what happened. Right after, the human instinct of guilt and concern from an officer is seen as he starts to bend down to check on the elderly man, but he was put in check by another officer who called it in. And the rest march on, with their mission in mind, as they have been trained to do.

I see all that, and I don't see a group of dozens of evil men. I see a group of officers trained to face an enemy, to keep the peace, when in fact, the enemy is their community, or at least a very large part of it, that want to be heard, and want change. When I hear that in response to the incident, which again, I don't think involve any officers willfully trying to seriously hurt an old man who did nothing that warranted such force, but did in fact seriously hurt an old man that did nothing that warranted such force, I am reminded of the mindset of us vs them that is so endemic to forces in our country. Each of them believes they are sticking up for two officers who were simply doing their jobs, who did not intend to injure that man, and did so while following their orders and using the amount of force they are trained to use.

And for that, I don't hate them, and I understand their perspective, while also seeing that perspective as part of the problem. I am hopeful for the unique opportunity their decisions could lead to. Has there every been such a perfect test case opportunity? I hope it isn't squandered.
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-05-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X