Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Man, what a nut. He went into the lion's den armed with a bow and arrow and a hunting knife pointing his loaded bow at people. His beat down was inevitable.

Even as an ally sympathetic to the underlying anger of the protesters (as opposed to the opportunist looters), I would never go out in that adrenaline and testosterone fueled mosh pit. Tensions are high. So many pent up emotions, and the long quarantine only made that worse. Such a scene is for the young, whose rage burns brighter than their thoughts of safety and family. I saw someone in a wheelchair in that video too. Again, I'm sure that is an ally sympathetic to the cause, but it is foolish to put yourself potentially in the middle of a volatile, physically aggressive melee like that when you don't have the ability to get out of harm's way. Too many people looking to get into it with someone.
    Yeah, it looked like mostly 15-25 year olds there. It's both amazing and lucky that no one was killed.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Here's a good one. So, this old white guy says he drove into downtown Salt Lake City to "protect" the protestors. He then proceeds to get out of his vehicle while carrying a hunting knife and yelling "All lives matter" at protestors and then points a bow and arrow at protestors. So, the protestors weren't quite feeling the camaraderie with this guy and they proceeded to beat him and flip his car over and set it on fire. He later told reporters that two black guys beat him up while the video clearly shows a bunch of white dudes beating him up. I guess he won't be able to drive into the city and provide his "protection" services
      This clip includes an interview with the bow and arrow idiot. He claims all he did was "try and convince them that all lives matter", never mentions getting out of his vehicle, never mentions the compound bow. Media are quite kind to him, even after he makes it clear he's a firestarter.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

and many don't even really understand their basic function--to protect and serve the people.
        I was in line checking out at the grocery store yesterday, all of us (many different colors and religions) getting along peaceful and respectful. When an announcement over the PA said everyone get to the front of the store we are closing in five minutes. I asked the cashier what was going on. She said the protesters were coming down 95th street looting stores and would be here soon. No one panicked but most picked up the pace and walked quickly to their cars. They repeated the announcement as I was walking out.

When I got home my wife checked to see if we could find out anymore details. It was stated that the patrons had to leave the store and police would be employed to stand guard and protect the workers and property of the store. How far should those policemen go to protect the people and property left behind?

It is a sad day when we even have to ask this type of question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I was in line checking out at the grocery store yesterday, all of us (many different colors and religions) getting along peaceful and respectful. When an announcement over the PA said everyone get to the front of the store we are closing in five minutes. I asked the cashier what was going on. She said the protesters were coming down 95th street looting stores and would be here soon. No one panicked but most picked up the pace and walked quickly to their cars. They repeated the announcement as I was walking out.

When I got home my wife checked to see if we could find out anymore details. It was stated that the patrons had to leave the store and police would be employed to stand guard and protect the workers and property of the store. How far should those policemen go to protect the people and property left behind?

How about officers in New York pulling up to a supply station for protesters and loading a pick-up truck with water, food, medicine, and medical supplies that protesters had organized to have for their safety. Cops pull up and steal all of it and drive away. Is that protecting and serving the public?

How about the clip of cops laughing with a white lady discussing what she should spray paint on a building. Who are they protecting and serving? Seems they're serving their interest in perpetuating violence.

Have you considered the cops probably don't give a flying fuck about you, or any of the employees, or the building, they just want to satiate their bloodlust?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            How about officers in New York pulling up to a supply station for protesters and loading a pick-up truck with water, food, medicine, and medical supplies that protesters had organized to have for their safety. Cops pull up and steal all of it and drive away. Is that protecting and serving the public?

How about the clip of cops laughing with a white lady discussing what she should spray paint on a building. Who are they protecting and serving? Seems they're serving their interest in perpetuating violence.

Have you considered the cops probably don't give a flying fuck about you, or any of the employees, or the building, they just want to satiate their bloodlust?
            When you watch compilation videos of LEOs behaving abhorrently, it is easy to think they are all doing that. To answer Gregg, as I've repeatedly sought to establish, I believe police work in important. It is an essential part of an imperfect society filled with imperfect people. Looting is happening right now. Violence is happening. Crimes are committed. Police are needed. But what the constant stream of videos showing bad behavior from the police highlights is that there are not only some bad apples, but systemic issues of training and a culture that needs fundamental changes. These simple facts have long been true. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. We have a prison industrial complex that focuses on keeping people behind bars over reform. We have a justice system that favors the rich and white (I'd say in that order). And we have police who should never have been given a badge and a culture that hides away bad behavior like the Catholic church did with pedophile priests.

But again I say to TW, I think your life experiences and focus on the videos of bad cop behavior blind you to the fact that many police actions are required, that many do their job well most of the time, and that without them doing that job, there would be more crime and chaos. To look at every cop as a villain is to engage in the same prejudice that some cops have when they look at every black man as a threat. There are lots of good cops trying their best to do good work. But there are also many bad cops, and all of them exist in a broken system that strong arms the good ones into supporting the bad. It is a mafia-type culture and it needs to be reformed.

Comment

I address the larger points below, but as to the specific question you raise about what police should do--given the widespread tensions that have boiled over, I think cops should let the mobs blow off steam as long as they are not hurting anyone or engaging in obvious and over-the-top criminal activity. Some shouting and kicking over trash cans should be tolerated. Burning buildings, looting, and any violence against people should not and must be met with appropriate force to stop those things.

Their mere presence, in force, should be enough to dissuade looters and the worst actors. If not, they should engage and try to subdue with appropriate force. What we are seeing, however, is tensions high on both sides, and many police are not showing proper emotional restraint (this has always happened, but is being caught on video now). Both sides have actors who want to escalate to hurt those they oppose, and both have their reasons. Police should be trained professionals, however. They should be taught how to defuse, not escalate. That will not always work, of course. But it often will. It isn't done enough. When it is tried and doesn't work, police have the authority to protect people and property with appropriate force--not gleeful or excessive force, and not with a sense of establishing personal dominance.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-01-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

When you watch compilation videos of LEOs behaving abhorrently, it is easy to think they are all doing that. To answer Gregg, as I've repeatedly sought to establish, I believe police work in important. It is an essential part of an imperfect society filled with imperfect people. Looting is happening right now. Violence is happening. Crimes are committed. Police are needed. But what the constant stream of videos showing bad behavior from the police highlights is that there are not only some bad apples, but systemic issues of training and a culture that needs fundamental changes. These simple facts have long been true. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. We have a prison industrial complex that focuses on keeping people behind bars over reform. We have a justice system that favors the rich and white (I'd say in that order). And we have police who should never have been given a badge and a culture that hides away bad behavior like the Catholic church did with pedophile priests.

But again I say to TW, I think your life experiences and focus on the videos of bad cop behavior blind you to the fact that many police actions are required, that many do their job well most of the time, and that without them doing that job, there would be more crime and chaos. To look at every cop as a villain is to engage in the same prejudice that some cops have when they look at every black man as a threat. There are lots of good cops trying their best to do good work. But there are also many bad cops, and all of them exist in a broken system that strong arms the good ones into supporting the bad. It is a mafia-type culture and it needs to be reformed.
                Very well said, Sour Masher.

Comment

Gosh, I was trying to figure out what to post but you said it better than I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

Umm... that was not an answer to my question.

Individually these do not personally know me, but I would expect them to do their job and protect me.

Comment

• Police do not have to serve and protect.

The "social contract" is a one-way street. You pay your taxes or go to jail. In return, the government may or may not provide some of those services you

From the article:

"Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Police do not have to serve and protect.

The "social contract" is a one-way street. You pay your taxes or go to jail. In return, the government may or may not provide some of those services you

From the article:

"Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”
                        Then, why do they exist?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

From the article:

From CA.Gov:

Purpose
                          Code of Ethics: To insure that all peace officers are fully aware of their individual responsibilities to maintain their own integrity and that of their agency, every peace officer, during basic training, or at the time of appointment, shall be administered the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics, as prescribed in Regulation 1013.

Code of Ethics
                          AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.

I WILL keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I WILL never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I RECOGNIZE the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God1 to my chosen profession...law enforcement.

Comment

From the article:

And from IL. drafted in 1957

he IACP adopted the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics at the 64th Annual IACP Conference and Exposition in October 1957. The Code of Ethics stands as a preface to the mission and commitment law enforcement agencies make to the public they serve.

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
                            As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve the community; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all and will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to me or to my agency. I will maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed both in my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the law and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, political beliefs, aspirations, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will never engage in acts of corruption or bribery, nor will I condone such acts by other police officers. I will cooperate with all legally authorized agencies and their representatives in the pursuit of justice.

I know that I alone am responsible for my own standard of professional performance and will take every reasonable opportunity to enhance and improve my level of knowledge and competence.

I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession… law enforcement.

Comment

Thank you Sour.

Anyone else care to weigh in on my question?

Comment

Damn i kinda wanna post this on facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X