No announcement yet.

A question for our Right leaning RJers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for our Right leaning RJers.

In 2020, if you're eligible to vote (sorry folks to the North and or outside the Great Wall..)

Are you going to vote for Trump in 2020?

If not are you going to vote 3rd party?

Not Vote at all?

I guess the real question I have for you is this--Which Candidate/Candidates on the Left would entice you to vote Democrat?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    In 2020, if you're eligible to vote (sorry folks to the North and or outside the Great Wall..)

Not Vote at all?

I guess the real question I have for you is this--Which Candidate/Candidates on the Left would entice you to vote Democrat?
    I don't know that there are many right-leaning RJ'ers around anymore. While I consider myself very in the middle, and I've answered this before, here is my answer:

- Never did nor will vote for Trump
    - Warren and Sanders are too far on the left side of pendulum for me.
    - Biden, Klochubar and few others would garner my vote.
    - Third party is always an option.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      I don't know that there are many right-leaning RJ'ers around anymore. While I consider myself very in the middle, and I've answered this before, here is my answer:

- Never did nor will vote for Trump
      - Warren and Sanders are too far on the left side of pendulum for me.
      - Biden, Klochubar and few others would garner my vote.
      - Third party is always an option.
      Compared to most of the board, I guess we qualify as right leaning, though out in the real world no one would believe that.
      As for me, I would enthusiastically vote for Gabbard, Bullock, Klobuchar or Buttigieg. I would likely vote for Harris, Yang or Williamson, but I wouldn’t tell anyone I know, because they aren’t Trump. I would vote for Biden, as long as he didn’t have a far left VP pick, because there is no way he is making it for 4 years (if elected, they should begin 25th Amendment procedures immediately after the inauguration ball). Sanders and Warren are just too far left for me (and I believe for most of America—be careful what you wish for Democrats). O’Rourke is just Buttigieg minus about 50 IQ points, so he is out.
      I won’t vote for Trump, so if one of the ones I don’t like is nominated, I will go Libertarian again (as long as it isn’t the ass clown Johnson we ran the last two times). And DiBlasio would probably make me vote for Trump.

Comment

Thanks for the responses and yes unfortunately you're about what we have left on the right-----see what I did there :P

Just for more insight, what are the key issues likely to sway your vote?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks for the responses and yes unfortunately you're about what we have left on the right-----see what I did there :P

Just for more insight, what are the key issues likely to sway your vote?
          Do you mean key issues that would sway my support in the general or in the Democratic primary?

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
            Do you mean key issues that would sway my support in the general or in the Democratic primary?
            Democratic Primary--you've already stated you're not voting Trump.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Compared to most of the board, I guess we qualify as right leaning, though out in the real world no one would believe that.
              As for me, I would enthusiastically vote for Gabbard, Bullock, Klobuchar or Buttigieg. I would likely vote for Harris, Yang or Williamson, but I wouldn’t tell anyone I know, because they aren’t Trump. I would vote for Biden, as long as he didn’t have a far left VP pick, because there is no way he is making it for 4 years (if elected, they should begin 25th Amendment procedures immediately after the inauguration ball). Sanders and Warren are just too far left for me (and I believe for most of America—be careful what you wish for Democrats). O’Rourke is just Buttigieg minus about 50 IQ points, so he is out.
              I won’t vote for Trump, so if one of the ones I don’t like is nominated, I will go Libertarian again (as long as it isn’t the ass clown Johnson we ran the last two times). And DiBlasio would probably make me vote for Trump.
              I think the crowded field didn't give some candidates enough of a chance this cycle. I thought for a minute Bullock, for instance, could get some traction. Or Klobucher. But no moderate candidates arose to challenge Biden, which may end up being a bad thing. I still think Mayor Pete MIGHT be able to do that, but I worry in a general election there still may be too many biases about his sexual preferences. IDK.

Comment

Democratic Primary--you've already stated you're not voting Trump.
                I guess my vote is dictated more by the election calendar than by policy. Of the four candidates I really like, I imagine 3 will be gone by the Florida primary with only Buttigieg likely to still be in it so my vote by default will go to him. If he is out, I will vote for Biden because I am diametrically opposed to Sanders and Warren on economic policy. You really have to stick your head pretty far in the sand not to be worrying about his mental faculties at this point, but if he is the only moderate left, then I have to cross my fingers and hope for a lot of economic moderates in his cabinet and a great VP (Gabbard? Klobuacher?).

Comment

I guess my vote is dictated more by the election calendar than by policy. Of the four candidates I really like, I imagine 3 will be gone by the Florida primary with only Buttigieg likely to still be in it so my vote by default will go to him. If he is out, I will vote for Biden because I am diametrically opposed to Sanders and Warren on economic policy. You really have to stick your head pretty far in the sand not to be worrying about his mental faculties at this point, but if he is the only moderate left, then I have to cross my fingers and hope for a lot of economic moderates in his cabinet and a great VP (Gabbard? Klobuacher?).
                  You aren't interested in Sanders' anti-MIC stance? A lot of right wingers and Libertarians will be attracted by that (but only to Bernie, Warren be Warrin')
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    You aren't interested in Sanders' anti-MIC stance? A lot of right wingers and Libertarians will be attracted by that (but only to Bernie, Warren be Warrin')
                    I went with Sanders (reluctantly)last time because of that (and the fact he wasn’t Hillary or Trump). However, that was several trillion dollars in promises ago, and I just can’t support that anymore.

Comment

I went with Sanders (reluctantly)last time because of that (and the fact he wasn’t Hillary or Trump). However, that was several trillion dollars in promises ago, and I just can’t support that anymore.
                      Plus, given his track record supporting military boondoggles that are job makers for his state, his anti-MIC stance is the one thing I worry about most with Sanders. Once the whole country is his constituents, what would stop him from weighing the jobs and economic impacts of other Defense budget cuts and back-tracking from his tough talk now? On nearly every issue, agree with him or not, Sanders has as much or more integrity and consistency than anyone. But this one issue, I'm not so sure about. It strikes me as akin to Obama's "I'm gonna close Gitmo" promises. It is what is desired in the abstract, but the reality of it may be harder and I don't know if cutting the defense budget is a priority for Sanders. He has bigger fish to fry with health care, min wage, housing, etc. Not sure he will prioritize balancing those costs with Defense budget cuts given his track record.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Plus, given his track record supporting military boondoggles that are job makers for his state, his anti-MIC stance is the one thing I worry about most with Sanders. Once the whole country is his constituents, what would stop him from weighing the jobs and economic impacts of other Defense budget cuts and back-tracking from his tough talk now? On nearly every issue, agree with him or not, Sanders has as much or more integrity and consistency than anyone. But this one issue, I'm not so sure about. It strikes me as akin to Obama's "I'm gonna close Gitmo" promises. It is what is desired in the abstract, but the reality of it may be harder and I don't know if cutting the defense budget is a priority for Sanders. He has bigger fish to fry with health care, min wage, housing, etc. Not sure he will prioritize balancing those costs with Defense budget cuts given his track record.
                        I guess I have come to accept the military budget bloat. What I was hopeful about Sanders is that he would be more reluctant to actually use the military and gets us in another Mideast quagmire. I felt confident he was much better in that regard than Hillary, who I believe is very hawkish.
                        I don’t know that there are any candidates that can effectively take on the MIC. Maybe Gabbard, but not likely. I just cross my fingers and hope we don’t actually use the military for stupid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          The difference for Sanders is that the only way he is able to accomplish so many of his other goals is if he redistributes MIC funding towards social programs. He's entirely dependent on cutting military spending, and he's the only one serious about it. Warren is a Clinton style hawk, she had a horrible response to why she passed Trump's Pentagon budget increases when Bernie didn't.

Besides, he won't feel pressure to keep military funding in place for US jobs. He has a jobs guarantee built into his green new deal, and if he passes his other priorities, the boom from student debt absolution would spur massive growth to sustain momentum... but he needs the money to do what he wants to get done, and I'm sure he would say much the same. He's always attacked with the line "how will you pay for it?", but if you continue spending over 50% of the country's discretionary spending on MIC, then you have nothing to work with. Bernie has made that clear, and it's the main reason I think Warren is a phony. She refuses to cut military spending, and behind closed doors with superdelegates and DNC insiders, she's saying she will fall in line with the will of the Dem establishment, saying "I'm a team player". She's not meeting with superdelegates right now for nothing. Same old Primary screw-job.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Not Vote at all?

I think we got rid of those guys, at least the true ones. The half hearted ones we got to keep it to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Warren be Warrin'

The difference for Sanders is that the only way he is able to accomplish so many of his other goals is if he redistributes MIC funding towards social programs. He's entirely dependent on cutting military spending, and he's the only one serious about it. Warren is a Clinton style hawk, she had a horrible response to why she passed Trump's Pentagon budget increases when Bernie didn't.

Besides, he won't feel pressure to keep military funding in place for US jobs. He has a jobs guarantee built into his green new deal, and if he passes his other priorities, the boom from student debt absolution would spur massive growth to sustain momentum... but he needs the money to do what he wants to get done, and I'm sure he would say much the same. He's always attacked with the line "how will you pay for it?", but if you continue spending over 50% of the country's discretionary spending on MIC, then you have nothing to work with. Bernie has made that clear, and it's the main reason I think Warren is a phony. She refuses to cut military spending, and behind closed doors with superdelegates and DNC insiders, she's saying she will fall in line with the will of the Dem establishment, saying "I'm a team player". She's not meeting with superdelegates right now for nothing. Same old Primary screw-job.
                              Teeny be trollin'.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X