Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Teeny be trollin'.
    For Fuck sake... she voted to increase the military budget, she met with superdelegates, she met with Clinton. This is all true. Sorry it hurts your feelings.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      For Fuck sake... she voted to increase the military budget, she met with superdelegates, she met with Clinton. This is all true. Sorry it hurts your feelings.
      And I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings that everyone isn't woke enough to profess their undying support to Sanders, who is the only person who is truly for the people. He's been a national figure since 2016 yet his support has stalled, why? Perhaps because he isn't willing to be a team player? And, like many of his supporters, think that only they know what's really going on so if you don't agree with them on everything then you're phony? How about his supporters who attacked the WFP staffers after they endorsed Warren?

Staffers at the progressive group have received hundreds of furious messages, including several using racial slurs against black staffers and at least one celebrating a junior staffer's rape

I'm sure that's just another smear piece from the lamestream media right? Gimme a break with your holier than thou schtick, everyone on the board is sick of it.
      Last edited by DMT; 09-20-2019, 10:57 AM.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yeah, the Democrats need a team player who will listen to the superdelegates and party power brokers, take dark money, support military spending increases, and enact the will of the DNC. Super smart.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Jessie, I am all for you expressing yourself in any manner you'd like--but I created this thread separate from the election thread specifically to solicit opinions from those who've leaned right or moderate for years and what their focus (issues) are going into 2020. Now I can't force you to keep the conflict in the other thread, but I'd really appreciate it if this thread was a place where those on the right could express their opinions without getting jumped for it. Thanks bro.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            In 2020, if you're eligible to vote (sorry folks to the North and or outside the Great Wall..)

Are you going to vote for Trump in 2020?

If not are you going to vote 3rd party?

Not Vote at all?

I guess the real question I have for you is this--Which Candidate/Candidates on the Left would entice you to vote Democrat?
            I think there are a number of right-leaning RJers around, but it probably depends how you define the term.

I believe in the power of markets to bring prosperity for all. I believe that the can-do, individualist, entrepreneurial spirit that powers America is a very good thing. I believe in the health of the family unit as fundamental to society. I believe that religious institutions can provide a great benefit to society.

Now, I fall out with the Republican Party on where they have taken most of those principles. I feel like the Republican Party left me, rather than I left the party. But in the process, my eyes have been opened to racism, misogyny, greed, and fear that was always mixed up with that side of the aisle.

So, I don't know if I'm right-leaning any more--I really feel like I don't have a political home. The issues that AOC raises resonate with me. I wish there was a conservative response to her. Not the childish, sexist, racist put-downs, or the pseudo-intellectual crap that people like Ben Shapiro vomit out, but a real intellectual engagement with the serious issues she identifies. If the political right can't be adult enough to address the real issues in our society, then the political left will get the chance. I think they deserve that, and I'll vote for Democrats to get that chance, but it saddens me that there is no serious statemanship remaining on the right.

I'll vote for the Democrat in 2020, and it won't matter which candidate. I want to see the destruction of our federal government stop.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I think there are a number of right-leaning RJers around, but it probably depends how you define the term.

I believe in the power of markets to bring prosperity for all. I believe that the can-do, individualist, entrepreneurial spirit that powers America is a very good thing. I believe in the health of the family unit as fundamental to society. I believe that religious institutions can provide a great benefit to society.

Now, I fall out with the Republican Party on where they have taken most of those principles. I feel like the Republican Party left me, rather than I left the party. But in the process, my eyes have been opened to racism, misogyny, greed, and fear that was always mixed up with that side of the aisle.

So, I don't know if I'm right-leaning any more--I really feel like I don't have a political home. The issues that AOC raises resonate with me. I wish there was a conservative response to her. Not the childish, sexist, racist put-downs, or the pseudo-intellectual crap that people like Ben Shapiro vomit out, but a real intellectual engagement with the serious issues she identifies. If the political right can't be adult enough to address the real issues in our society, then the political left will get the chance. I think they deserve that, and I'll vote for Democrats to get that chance, but it saddens me that there is no serious statemanship remaining on the right.

I'll vote for the Democrat in 2020, and it won't matter which candidate. I want to see the destruction of our federal government stop.
              Nazi!
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Nazi!
                I guess I am a Nazi too. The post by Mr Seitzer are my thoughts as well.

Comment

I want to see the destruction of our federal government
                  Saving this for blackmail material later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Saving this for blackmail material later.
                    It's like a telegram:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

It's like a telegram:

Was that delivered seconds after the DeLorean disappeared from the sky?
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        In 2020, if you're eligible to vote (sorry folks to the North and or outside the Great Wall..)

Are you going to vote for Trump in 2020?

If not are you going to vote 3rd party?

Not Vote at all?

I guess the real question I have for you is this--Which Candidate/Candidates on the Left would entice you to vote Democrat?
                        What about local politics? Seems like a lot of big cities that have been under Democratic control for a long long time are not doing to well.

My new boss is a Republican. I was traveling with him yesterday and he brought up the subject. I hate politics and had no idea if he was right or wrong about Democrats running big cities into the ground. I take it with a grain of salt just like I take most passionate political comments.

I did think of RJ while he was talking. A quick google search with not much digging seems to back that most of our major cities in trouble have been held by Dems for a long time. Then again all of those articles could be written by pro-righties.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          What about local politics? Seems like a lot of big cities that have been under Democratic control for a long long time are not doing to well.

My new boss is a Republican. I was traveling with him yesterday and he brought up the subject. I hate politics and had no idea if he was right or wrong about Democrats running big cities into the ground. I take it with a grain of salt just like I take most passionate political comments.

I did think of RJ while he was talking. A quick google search with not much digging seems to back that most of our major cities in trouble have been held by Dems for a long time. Then again all of those articles could be written by pro-righties.

Thoughts?
                          I have thoughts. I might have more questions than answers.

What do you mean by "not doing too well"? The local economy is doing poorly? How much of that is influenced by political party control and how much is about economic shifts and demographics far beyond the control of any individual city hall? E.g., the shift away from Rust Belt industries, or the presence of a large poor black population who have been discriminated against for decades/centuries?

Or is it about the amount of debt and whether the city has a balanced budget? Or whether the people are well educated? Or whether the community is safe and crime is low? Or whether the city has a thriving arts community or other activities that bring the city together as a community? Or whether the city has adequate and well-maintained infrastructure (e.g., thinking of Houston and all the flooding issues we have here)? Or whether the city does a good job looking out for its poor and oppressed, either through not having oppressive laws, good community services, fair policing, etc.?

There are two major cities that I have lived in for a substantial part of my adult life--Austin and Houston. In my experience, both are fairly well run but both also certainly have some problems. Austin is the classic liberal bastion in Texas. I know they are prevented from implementing some of their liberal ideas by the conservative Texas legislature, which seems to have a particular burr under its saddle for Austin city government. Houston is more balanced politically but has had Democratic mayors going back the last 37 years.

Comment

What do you mean by "not doing too well"? The local economy is doing poorly? How much of that is influenced by political party control and how much is about economic shifts and demographics far beyond the control of any individual city hall? E.g., the shift away from Rust Belt industries, or the presence of a large poor black population who have been discriminated against for decades/centuries?

Or is it about the amount of debt and whether the city has a balanced budget? Or whether the people are well educated? Or whether the community is safe and crime is low? Or whether the city has a thriving arts community or other activities that bring the city together as a community? Or whether the city has adequate and well-maintained infrastructure (e.g., thinking of Houston and all the flooding issues we have here)? Or whether the city does a good job looking out for its poor and oppressed, either through not having oppressive laws, good community services, fair policing, etc.?

There are two major cities that I have lived in for a substantial part of my adult life--Austin and Houston. In my experience, both are fairly well run but both also certainly have some problems. Austin is the classic liberal bastion in Texas. I know they are prevented from implementing some of their liberal ideas by the conservative Texas legislature, which seems to have a particular burr under its saddle for Austin city government. Houston is more balanced politically but has had Democratic mayors going back the last 37 years.
                            great points ... plus I would want to contrast those cities with the Republican-led big cities which are "doing well".

BTW, a quick google search showed that of the top 10 cities in the US by population, exactly one had a Republican mayor. So maybe any issues with big cities are there because they're big cities, as opposed to ones led by Dem mayors. Just thinking out loud. (Well, actually not, I've been pretty quiet while I've been typing this)
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I think my boss was speaking about safety and economics as related to infrastructure and jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                great points ... plus I would want to contrast those cities with the Republican-led big cities which are "doing well".

BTW, a quick google search showed that of the top 10 cities in the US by population, exactly one had a Republican mayor. So maybe any issues with big cities are there because they're big cities, as opposed to ones led by Dem mayors. Just thinking out loud. (Well, actually not, I've been pretty quiet while I've been typing this)
                                I had the same experience. One of the reasons I wanted to bring it up here.

I have to say I think if the numbers were reversed we would be reading how it is the Repub's fault rather than because they are big.

I kind of think if the cause is big the answer for people would be to get out.

Comment

Working...
                                X