Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ric Ocasek, RIP

Damn, another rock legend gone this weekend

I wore out my "Cars Greatest Hits" cassette tape playing it in my car back in the 80's. Never got to see them in concert though. He was 75 years old. RIP Ric Ocasek.
    Last edited by madducks; 09-17-2019, 04:42 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Cars were awesome. Such a well-chosen blend of genres forming a truly unique sound. You can definitely hear Ocasek's influence on Weezer's blue album as well (which he produced, and which served as my introduction to Ocasek).

RIP
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I had no idea he was such a prolific producer of amazing albums. The list from his wikipedia was staggering. I needed to look it up after finding out he produced the debut from Suicide.

During his time with the Cars, Ocasek developed a reputation as a successful producer, and took this role for many up-and-coming bands of differing genres including Bad Brains' Rock for Light and Guided by Voices' Do the Collapse. His other production credits include Weezer's Blue Album and Green Album (both multi-platinum), Suicide, Romeo Void, Hole, Bebe Buell, No Doubt, Nada Surf, Irish folk-punk band Black 47, Bad Religion, Johnny Bravo, D Generation, The Wannadies, Possum Dixon, Martin Rev, Jonathan Richman, and the 2006 album by The Pink Spiders titled Teenage Graffiti. He also produced a portion of the third Motion City Soundtrack album, Even If It Kills Me. In 2014, Ocasek produced Everything Will Be Alright in the End, the ninth studio album by Weezer and his third collaboration with the band, and For All My Sisters, the sixth album by The Cribs.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I had no idea he was such a prolific producer of amazing albums. The list from his wikipedia was staggering. I needed to look it up after finding out he produced the debut from Suicide.
          I didn't know that either. That kind of explains why Ocasek and the Cars stopped making music after 1987. His success as a producer must have really taken off in the 90's. I see now that the Cars made an album in 2011 that i wasn't even aware of. But, 1987 was their last well received album.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

These old episodes of "Fridays" are a treasure trove for classic live music. That's Valerie Harper, who also passed recently, introducing the Cars.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I defy you to not start humming this tune all day after listening to this Also, crazy music video!!

Comment

Working...
                  X