• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good web comics that you suggest?

My favorites are

and

and
    Last edited by Steve 2.0; 09-12-2019, 08:24 AM.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Strange Planet
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Wondermark
      An Illustrated Jocularity.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal

Optipess

Comment

I like theoatmeal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Hadn't seen this one. Really dig it.

ETA: Actually, all of the ones so far that I have not seen look good. Great thread Steve 2.0.

Comment

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

https://www.bugmartini.com/comic/a-s...modern-office/
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

This one hits close to home. I am a softy that gave a second chance to an instructor only to find out days after I made her the offer several really horrible facts about her teaching. She didn't grade students' final papers, which we allow students to revise, on the grounds that they wouldn't change anything anyway. She yelled at our secretary, the sweetest person I have worked with. She changed our final assignment, which we standardize because we collectively grade the work. She was so harsh and intimidating, half of one of her sections just gave up, failing to turn in their portfolios, thinking they were sure to fail anyway. We have never had anything like that happen before. She graded their final presentations with a stop watch in hand and told them they would fail if they went 10 seconds under or over the 10 minute suggested time limit....seeing all of this, I tried pulling the offer, but HR said nothing she did before signing the offer could be grounds for us rescinding the offer. That was back in June. The new year has started, and my understanding is that if these issues continue, there will have to be months of documenting before action can be taken. In fact, I was told no instructor has ever been let go during a one year contract who did not agree to leave. They just want us to run out the clock and not make another offer for the following year, if we choose that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  This one hits close to home. I am a softy that gave a second chance to an instructor only to find out days after I made her the offer several really horrible facts about her teaching. She didn't grade students' final papers, which we allow students to revise, on the grounds that they wouldn't change anything anyway. She yelled at our secretary, the sweetest person I have worked with. She changed our final assignment, which we standardize because we collectively grade the work. She was so harsh and intimidating, half of one of her sections just gave up, failing to turn in their portfolios, thinking they were sure to fail anyway. We have never had anything like that happen before. She graded their final presentations with a stop watch in hand and told them they would fail if they went 10 seconds under or over the 10 minute suggested time limit....seeing all of this, I tried pulling the offer, but HR said nothing she did before signing the offer could be grounds for us rescinding the offer. That was back in June. The new year has started, and my understanding is that if these issues continue, there will have to be months of documenting before action can be taken. In fact, I was told no instructor has ever been let go during a one year contract who did not agree to leave. They just want us to run out the clock and not make another offer for the following year, if we choose that route.
                  That's terrible, sorry you are in that spot.
                  The bolded part seems naive on the part of HR. If they found out she had lied on her resume, or that she had prior felony convictions involving kids they couldn't rescind? Doesn't pass the smell test.

Comment

Philosophy Comics!

A philosophy webcomic about the inevitable anguish of living a brief life in an absurd world. Also Jokes
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      very cute

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        That's terrible, sorry you are in that spot.
                        The bolded part seems naive on the part of HR. If they found out she had lied on her resume, or that she had prior felony convictions involving kids they couldn't rescind? Doesn't pass the smell test.
                        I should have clarified, that they didn't think anything she specifically did mattered. I'm sure there are CYA things she could have done, but total incompetency is not one of those. In fact, I am sure there are things HR would say we could let her go for that I would not want to let her go for. But yelling at 18 year old students, walking out on them, canceling classes, yelling at a secretary, none of those things rose to the level of rescinding the contract.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-17-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          tldr;

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            tldr;

they are very long, and they come with a history lessen explaining the humor at the end, because, who the fuck knows esoteric philosophers, am I right?
                            Last edited by heyelander; 09-18-2019, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              they are very long, and then come with a history lessen explaining the humor at the end, because, who the fuck knows esoteric philosophers, am I right?
                              I understand the Dungeons and Dragons anyway, lol
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X