Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 2 Thread

We missed week 1....oops.

Jaguars QB Nick Foles suffered a broken clavicle on his non-throwing shoulder in the season opener. Rookie QB Gardner Minshew looks like the guy for now unless Jacksonville acquires a veteran backup QB. Broken clavicles usually take 6-8 weeks to heal.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Broken clavicles usually take 6-8 weeks to heal.
    can confirm. had my own football-related broken clavicle.

8th grade, touch football in the Catholic school parking lot, I have a step on the defender, a mad sprint into the end zone, am about to haul in the overthrown pass for a spectacular TD and.......

WHAMMO - did not realize one of the nuns had parked her car in our "end zone."

I hit it at full speed, did not know what happened. I bounced backwards about 10 feet, which was "awesome" according to all of the 14-year-old boys gathered 'round. was a sufficient blow to lead my dimwitted classmates to consign me to what passes for 'blocking' in touch football for the rest of the game.

at the end of the period, the much more sensible girls noticed I was in shock and alerted the proper authorities.

had to sleep in a Barcalounger for about 6 weeks and wear a modest brace, but the beauty of oblivion/shock is that you never feel the pain.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I guess there's still 2 more games left in week 1. After watching the Steelers-Patriots last night, i must be in a hurry to put week 1 behind me lol.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That Saints-Texans game had an insane finish.

Comment

especially if you had the over/under of 52.5!

#justsayin

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Hunter Henry has a tibea plateau fracture to his left knee, so expect him to be placed on IR shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Hunter Henry has a tibea plateau fracture to his left knee, so expect him to be placed on IR shortly.
              Someone alert Stephen A. Smith

Comment

went 5-0 with my picks in Week 1, so "fade" these Week 2 picks for sure

Skins +4.5 vs Cowboys
                Bills -1.5 vs Giants
                Packers -3 vs Vikings
                Bengals -1.5 vs 49ers
                Rams -2.5 vs Saints

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Skins +4.5 vs Cowboys
                  Bills -1.5 vs Giants
                  Packers -3 vs Vikings
                  Bengals -1.5 vs 49ers
                  Rams -2.5 vs Saints
                  whats the reasoning behind the Skins play, I dont see much there to get behind.

Comment

- Derrius Guice likely to undergo knee surgery, out 6-8 weeks
                    - Sam Darnold has mono and is likely to miss "multiple weeks"
                    - LeVeon Bell undergoing an MRI

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Skins +4.5 vs Cowboys
                      Bills -1.5 vs Giants
                      Packers -3 vs Vikings
                      Bengals -1.5 vs 49ers
                      Rams -2.5 vs Saints
                      I think the Vikings will rush more than 14 times. That might prove to be a problem for the Pack. Then again I thought the Bears were going to easily cover the spread.

In one game I went from thinking the Bears could be Super Bowl contenders to being afraid they won't win a game. Nagy is a wonderful coach who forgot how to execute a game plan. He panicked more than Trib. And Trib panicked plenty. ...Hmmm...I think I am still upset about the home opener.

Comment

Big Ben was holding his elbow on virtually every throw today before leaving. Doesn’t look good.

Comment

Gardner Minshew may not be the best QB in the NFL, but he may very well have the best stache.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Big Ben was holding his elbow on virtually every throw today before leaving. Doesn’t look good.
                            And Drew Brees is also hurt. Brees was injured after colliding with Aaron Donald while releasing a pass. Brees went to the sideline to get his thumb taped up, but he was unable to comfortably grip a football and thus never returned. The injury is potentially significant, though the Saints haven't spoken in specifics yet.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Both Big Ben and Brees are looking at potential season-enders.

When did Kirk Cousins start sucking badly?

Comment

Working...
                              X