Michael Pineda suspended 60 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Pineda suspended 60 games

Michael Pineda has received a 60-game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs.

He violated baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program by testing positive for hydrochlorothiazide, a diuretic and potential masking agent. Pineda will miss the rest of this season and the first five weeks of the 2020 season as well. He was initially suspended for 80 games but that penalty was reduced to 60 games after an appeal. This is a tough break for the Twins and Pineda's fantasy owners because he had been on quite a roll in recent weeks. He was 11-5 on the season and had a 3.10 ERA in his last 15 starts.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Damnit. I own him in all 3 leagues. Is he a $10 keeper in AL only next year?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Damnit. I own him in all 3 leagues. Is he a $10 keeper in AL only next year?
      Good question. He must have had some mitigating factor going for him with MLB reducing the suspension from 80 games to 60. Anecdotally, it seems like most PED guys seem to do alright after serving their suspensions, so yeah, I'd probably keep him in an only at that price.

But, he's a free agent after this season, so where he signs is anyone's guess...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Good question. He must have had some mitigating factor going for him with MLB reducing the suspension from 80 games to 60. Anecdotally, it seems like most PED guys seem to do alright after serving their suspensions, so yeah, I'd probably keep him in an only at that price.

But, he's a free agent after this season, so where he signs is anyone's guess...
        This definitely muddies the waters. MIN needs him going forward.

With the pine tar incident and now this, do we call him Pin-head-a?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Isn’t Odorizzi a FA too?

Comment

Working...
          X