Antonio Brown to be suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

AB with another self-promotional Youtube video featuring a Gruden/AB phone call lol:

Last edited by madducks; 09-06-2019, 11:38 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dude is batshit crazy. At this point I'm hoping the rest of the league wants nothing to do with him either (as they shouldn't).

Comment

Now we have: AB requesting his release, Raiders fining him $200K+ and voiding his guarantees, unlikely that he plays in week 1 again and a general sense he may not suit up for the raiders ever.

Comment

And now he's been released! What a whirlwind few days...

Comment

and now he is on the patriots?

Comment

AB and the Patriots have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth up to $15 million with a $9 million signing bonus. AB is not eligible to suit up Sunday night against the Steelers, but should be ready to go for Week 2 against the Dolphins.

AB has to realize that even a receiver as talented as himself is quickly running out of chances in the NFL. So, if he has any brain cells left in his head, he will be on his best behavior for Bill Belichick. The Patriots are fast becoming the "Last Chance NFL Destination" for problem players with Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown now suiting up for them. I guess the Patriots feel that the Brady era is almost over and they have to be all in again this year. Have to think that Demaryius Thomas gets cut again by the Patriots. Also wonder if this circus atmosphere makes Gronk want to return. Will Johnny Manziel be the successor to Brady now?
                Last edited by madducks; 09-07-2019, 05:51 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Antonio Browns kids: "Daddy, where's Derek Carr?"

Antonio Brown: "Daddy plays for the Patriots now. Tom Brady is daddy's new quarterback."

Antonio Brown's kids: "Daddy, why do you play for so many different teams?"

Antonio Brown: "Because daddy wasn't getting enough love from those other teams."
                  Last edited by madducks; 09-07-2019, 05:50 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jon Gruden on releasing AB (aka damage control), "Enough is enough."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                      Dude is batshit crazy. At this point I'm hoping the rest of the league wants nothing to do with him either (as they shouldn't).
                      LOL...crazy like a fox. He goes from the worst (perhaps) organization in football to the best, and if the terms of the contract are correct, really doesn't lose much money. Mayock is a joke, and Gruden isn't much better anymore. At the end of the day, it looks like brown played them both.

Look for Randy Moss part II in New England...except that Moss was a bigger cancer than Brown ever was.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Brown lost plenty of millions. not every crazy person is "crazy like a fox."
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Brown lost plenty of millions. not every crazy person is "crazy like a fox."
                          We'll see in the end how much he lost, if any. The 3 year deal with Oakland guaranteed roughly 30 million. His deal with NE guarantees 9 million, with the possibility of earning 15 million. If he plays his cards correctly, he could stand to earn at least that 30 million guarantee back, with the possibility of getting back to at least the 50 million that his 3 year deal with Oakland was worth. It'll play out over time, and the possibility of a title or two with the Pats might just be greater incentive than getting dragged around the dirt infield in Oakland for a year.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

if you think that Antonio Brown is more interested in winning "a title or two" than he is interested in Antonio Brown, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

if this guy wins 2 rings but net loses 5 cents, he'll be pissed.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

And now a lawsuit accusing AB of rape has been filed. He’s not having a good week.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Antonio Brown hasn't been the same since Vontaze Burfict hit him in the head and gave him the concussion during the 2016 Wild Card game.

There may be something to this. I don't want to give him ideas for a defense, but head injuries have led some to becoming worse human beings.

Comment

Working...
                                X