Can I catch up in ratios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I catch up in ratios?

Coming down to the wire - in 2nd, 5 points behind first. I'm a few runs behind that team which could be a 2 point swing but the most points I can catch up in is whip. I'm at 1.24 and I can gain 2 points by getting it down around 1.20 and upwards of 4-5 points if I can get it under 1.19. With such little time left and obviously the ratios being impacted the least at this point - what's my best strategy to try to shave off those points?

Do I just let it ride with my pitching staff (Stras, Flaherty, Paxton, Keuchel, German, Aroldis Chapman, Kimbrel, Neris and T. Rogers)?

Or any relievers I should try and target that could help pile up some last minute innings with low whips (some projected low whips for the rest of the season - Petit, Kela, Jarlin Garcia, Brasier, Cishek, Pressly, Chris Martin, Trevor May, etc.).

We're ~138 games into the season, ~24 games left. Given a similar # of innings/week to what you've done so far, getting from 1.24 down to 1.20 would take 1.20-((1.24-1.20)*138/24) = 0.970 whip.
    Relievers will likely have a better whip, but will reduce the # of innings, so the whip would need to be lower, relatively.
    Keuchel has had a *much* better whip at home than away this year, and somewhat better last year, so probably best to start him against good matchups.
    Paxton has also had a much better whip at home, but it looks like that was just a correlation with him doing so poorly in June+July, you're probably stuck with him.
    Overall, there's a very low chance of you lowering your whip by 0.04, though somebody above you could certainly raise theirs with some poor starts.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

yeah, I think this ship likely has sailed for you
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Your long shot is to keep your starters hoping they are lights out. You can't get enough innings going with relievers. You will also need your competition to blow up.

Comment

Well poop! Thanks all - fingers crossed... Will focus my energy on getting that extra point or two in quality starts and wins instead. A little further behind in those categories but can try and stream effectively.

Comment

Working...
          X