This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GITH as moderator

Sounds like this ship has sailed. Abuse of moderator rights, he just edited my post and changed it to "I'm a sensitive guy".

Revo, is that what you want moderators doing here?

As long as you post personal, inaccurate shit disparaging me I will delete any and all posts from you toward me.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If GITH is going to do that, I think he should be removed as moderator.

GITH has always been one to stir things up around here, which is fine as an individual poster. That's the opposite of helpful as a moderator. And if he is going to edit people's posts as part of a personal feud with them, his privilege as moderator should end.

Edit to add: I don't necessarily even agree with Ken on his side in the feud. But my concern with GITH as moderator always was that he would step out of line and do something like this.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

a) nothing was inaccurate. You did what I said you did and you know it, you just don't want to own up to it because you are a piece of garbage
        b) that's an obvious abuse of moderator privileges and you know it. But I guess it fits your character quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I think we all knew he would do it - I mean that's who he is and always has been. It was just a matter of time. Zero character guy.

Comment

Also, it's one thing to "delete" my post, it's an entirely different thing to edit my post saying things I never typed. That's something only a lowlife piece of garbage like yourself would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              a) nothing was inaccurate. You did what I said you did and you know it, you just don't want to own up to it because you are a piece of garbage
              b) that's an obvious abuse of moderator privileges and you know it. But I guess it fits your character quite well.
              Again, you continue to misrepresent what actually happened. but no matter what I'd say, you'd counter like you do in here--I'm not going to engage your attacks, i merely was showing you that I indeed have some abilities as moderator and that i won't tolerate any more of your personal attacks against me.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Again, you continue to misrepresent what actually happened. but no matter what I'd say, you'd counter like you do in here--I'm not going to engage your attacks, i merely was showing you that I indeed have some abilities as moderator and that i won't tolerate any more of your personal attacks against me.
                Editing someone's post to say what you want it to say may be within your "technical" abilities as a moderator but I'm pretty sure not within the moderator abilities as instructed. It's one of those, sure you can do it, but it will be the last time.

So good luck trying to sell your case that editing someone's post to say something they didn't actually say is within your moderator responsibilities. Can't wait to see this one play out.

Comment

GITH has always been one to stir things up around here, which is fine as an individual poster. That's the opposite of helpful as a moderator. And if he is going to edit people's posts as part of a personal feud with them, his privilege as moderator should end.

Edit to add: I don't necessarily even agree with Ken on his side in the feud. But my concern with GITH as moderator always was that he would step out of line and do something like this.
                  Like I responded below, i deleted an entire post of essentially personal attacks against me, the rewrite was to show I indeed do have some abilities as a moderator. I do stir some ahit in here, but since becoming a Mod, i believe I've handled things differently.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Editing someone's post to say what you want it to say may be within your "technical" abilities as a moderator but I'm pretty sure not within the moderator abilities as instructed. It's one of those, sure you can do it, but it will be the last time.

So good luck trying to sell your case that editing someone's post to say something they didn't actually say is within your moderator responsibilities. Can't wait to see this one play out.
                    And attacking me again in a personal manner will not be tolerated.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hell I don't even agree with my side either, it was pedantic BS but GITH showed his true colors today.

Comment

And attacking me again in a personal manner will not be tolerated.
                        To be clear, you only delete those supposedly "attacking" you. "Ken-Doll" is okay, right?

My favorite type of person in "power" - the ones who only use it for their own good.

Comment

GITH made some real efforts to address some issues I had, in private messages. that was appreciated.

he also inappropriately posted content on the board that was just between us. I objected in a private message sent to him two weeks ago, and did not get a response. And I didn't have the luxury of deleting his content.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Like I responded below, i deleted an entire post of essentially personal attacks against me, the rewrite was to show I indeed do have some abilities as a moderator. I do stir some ahit in here, but since becoming a Mod, i believe I've handled things differently.
                            Until now, I am unaware that you had taken any moderator actions, which is good. As far as I know, all the forums here basically exist un/self-moderated. Maybe there's a lot of moderating that goes on that I'm not aware of? I know there's some administrative stuff that revo has to take care of for the board as a whole, and we all appreciate that.

But the way you edited Ken's post to show you "have some abilities as a moderator" is inappropriate and unnecessary. You proving that you can put things in other people's posts isn't a helpful thing for the board. For that matter, moderating your own dispute with another board member in any fashion is probably inappropriate. Both of you are behaving inappropriately in your words toward each other, and you each ought to moderate yourselves, not the other person.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              GITH made some real efforts to address some issues I had, in private messages. that was appreciated.

he also inappropriately posted content on the board that was just between us. I objected in a private message sent to him two weeks ago, and did not get a response. And I didn't have the luxury of deleting his content.
                              And as such, I have worked hard to keep the PMs sent to me private--I have indeed addressed jesse's use of personally potentially offending terms. Ask him, but because JJ, you asked me not to make our private conversations public going forward, I sought to keep that between Jesse and myself as well as not using other PMs sent to me regarding others in here.

Ken and my situation is in particular, beyond ugly. No need to vent it here , again.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X