This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Until now, I am unaware that you had taken any moderator actions, which is good. As far as I know, all the forums here basically exist un/self-moderated. Maybe there's a lot of moderating that goes on that I'm not aware of? I know there's some administrative stuff that revo has to take care of for the board as a whole, and we all appreciate that.

But the way you edited Ken's post to show you "have some abilities as a moderator" is inappropriate and unnecessary. You proving that you can put things in other people's posts isn't a helpful thing for the board. For that matter, moderating your own dispute with another board member in any fashion is probably inappropriate. Both of you are behaving inappropriately in your words toward each other, and you each ought to moderate yourselves, not the other person.
    I can see your point and I apologize for stepping over the line, but I will, going forward delete any of Ken's vitriol aimed at me.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I admit, I'm not rational in my discussions on here with GITH, the fact that he cussed me out on text over a fantasy baseball league clouds my judgement, especially under the circumstances I was in at the time with family. He crossed the line on a personal level involving my family and I don't think that will ever be okay with me. You guys are absolutely right that I'm inappropriate with him as far as the terms of decor on this message board. I'll own that. We have personal history and when he starts replying to my messages on this forum it comes out.

But clearly the guy should never be a moderator here. It's beyond obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        GITH made some real efforts to address some issues I had, in private messages. that was appreciated.

he also inappropriately posted content on the board that was just between us. I objected in a private message sent to him two weeks ago, and did not get a response. And I didn't have the luxury of deleting his content.
        I thought I had replied, I really did--you know I have everytime in the past. I also took your request to heart and have been keeping others PMs and concerns to myself over using them to support posts. Thanks for that advice.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think a moderator should be able to remove posts, but altering someone else’s words is wrong IMO. If someone did that to me, I would join the long line of folks who don’t frequent this place any more.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I can see your point and I apologize for stepping over the line, but I will, going forward delete any of Ken's vitriol aimed at me.
            Notice how he continues to only single out vitrol aimed at him - vitrol aimed at others is perfectly okay. Especially if it is aimed at someone he doesn't like. Even in apologizing he still doesn't get it.

We should rename this forum, "Whatever Gwynn In The Hall Likes You Can Post, Otherwise It Will Be Censored".

I'm sure that was the original intent of the forum anyway right

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Notice how he continues to only single out vitrol aimed at him - vitrol aimed at others is perfectly okay. Especially if it is aimed at someone he doesn't like. Even in apologizing he still doesn't get it.

We should rename this forum, "Whatever Gwynn In The Hall Likes You Can Post, Otherwise It Will Be Censored".

I'm sure that was the original intent of the forum anyway right
              Again, you skip the parts where your assertion was rebutted and twist it to fit your narrative.

I have indeed addressed Teenwolf and his vernacular in regards to the forum and towards you in particular, but don't let that get in the way of the truth.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                I think a moderator should be able to remove posts, but altering someone else’s words is wrong IMO. If someone did that to me, I would join the long line of folks who don’t frequent this place any more.
                I overstepped when I reworked his post, it was a poor choice to try and show him that I indeed did have abilities as a moderator. In retrospect, I should have just deleted it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  I overstepped when I reworked his post, it was a poor choice to try and show him that I indeed did have power as a moderator. In retrospect, I should have just deleted it.
                  See that's all we plebs can change...

Poor form GITH. Beneath you!
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post

Agreed, I'll do better

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post

Agreed, I'll do better.
                      Wait, is the "agreed, I'll do better", GITH's edit? That's funny if so.

On a separate note, are more posts getting deleted without explanation? This thread was 3 pages a second ago and now it is back to 2.

Comment

LOL it was, he's still editing people's posts.

Comment

GITH deleted my post again. This is what it showed, he is still editing people's posts.

Comment

LOL it was, he's still editing people's posts.
                            It was a mistake Jesus christ dude, I'm not going anywhere

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

GITH deleted my post again. This is what it showed, he is still editing people's posts.

Stop coming after me

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X