Early look at Mixed Forever Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early look at Mixed Forever Keepers

14 team shallow H2H (1C, 3 OF, no CI/MI). I'm tied for first with 2 weeks left until playoffs. We have 4 mandatory keepers and up to 4 late round keepers.

Must keep 4 (rounds 1-4): Yelich Baez Merrifield JRamirez Kluber CSantana Brantley
    Keep up to 4 (rounds 19-22 backfilled): Strasburg Tatis Franco

Which 4 would you keep from the first group going forward?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I think the first 3 are clear. Yelich, Baez, Merrifield. Beyond that, J. Ramirez bounceback, or Brantley. I prefer the BA boost that Brantley provides, but I could go either way. Kluber too rough of a season, Santana too old, too many mediocre years in the past, and 1B with no CI should be very shallow.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'd tend to agree with Jesse on his list...Brantley is great, but in a forever keep league, age has to be factored in. And Ramirez sees to have re-learned how to hit in the past few month, so he's be my 4th keeper.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks guys. Kluber has been a long time keeper but I feel like my hitters have passed him. I may be able to trade him or Brantley in the offseason as there are teams with pretty weak top 4s.

Comment

A new rule instated last season allows us to keep any player picked up as a true FA (has not been on another team's roster that season) in the 10th round the following year, then moving up a round each subsequent year.

Upon checking my roster I have a number of interesting candidates: Lynn Newman Canha IKennedy Manaea

Who would you keep in round 10 (139th overall)?

Comment

I would consider keeping Newman. A MI with fair power and decent speed has real value. His stats are comparable to Amid Rosario who falls in that 125-150 range. It's worth a close look if nothing else.

Lynn and Canha are past 27 guys that put up surprising years. Either is worth it if a repeat is in the cards, but is it? Will Canha's second half be the real half or will he struggle to get regular PT? Manaea is too risky and Kennedy is Kennedy.

I would not be excited either way. If you choose none, nothing risked and middling pick gained. If you pick one, it's likely to be at least a small reach, but you go into the draft with one less worry.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Newman for me, and that's the only one of the group I'd consider.

I also change my mind from earlier. Jose Ramirez over Brantley. Just based on aging curve, SB's drying up for Brantley, I'd go with Ramirez.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                I think the first 3 are clear. Yelich, Baez, Merrifield. Beyond that, J. Ramirez bounceback, or Brantley. I prefer the BA boost that Brantley provides, but I could go either way. Kluber too rough of a season, Santana too old, too many mediocre years in the past, and 1B with no CI should be very shallow.
                I agree with all of this. I lean towards Ramirez over Brantley. Both over the pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  I would consider keeping Newman. A MI with fair power and decent speed has real value. His stats are comparable to Amid Rosario who falls in that 125-150 range. It's worth a close look if nothing else.

Lynn and Canha are past 27 guys that put up surprising years. Either is worth it if a repeat is in the cards, but is it? Will Canha's second half be the real half or will he struggle to get regular PT? Manaea is too risky and Kennedy is Kennedy.
                  The good news is that I can look at rankings for next year before deciding. I was high on Lynn last year and this year he showed why. He was #83 overall for Yahoo! and even if he slips some he's still a value with his K-rate. I can see Newman as a safe`r bet and will check projections in the spring.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I agree with all of this. I lean towards Ramirez over Brantley. Both over the pitchers.
                  Thanks for following up. Will offer Kluber/Brantley and see if there are any bites.

Comment

Yelich, Baez, Merrifield and Ramirez for me. The 10th rounder would be a wait and see I think. Solid keeper group for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X