Koch Brothers, 1 down, 1 to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenwolf,
    this used to be a vibrant fantasy baseball site.

now, it's your angry playground.

congrats on your "success." I guess.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      you classless fucking shitposter!

Comment

*some needless personal bullshit*
        Last edited by Teenwolf; 08-27-2019, 01:29 PM.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Teenwolf,
          to be balanced, perhaps you can acknowledge your joy in destroying a baseball fantasy site to serve your own ego.

it's quite an accomplishment.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Gee, I wonder why Ken-Doll insinuating that GITH supports child molesters would offend someone who's spoken openly of their own sexual abuse history! You guys are surprised?! Follow the fuck along!

Yes, it is fucking stupid.

Art Vandalay is answering for defending the term "nationalism", and I give him props for owning up to it (so far anyhow)... zero credit to Ken-Doll, continuing to deflect from my actual critique.
            you write "owning up" to being a proud Canadian like it is something wrong. It isn't. Borders and Laws, they mean a lot for a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              You should really try reading, I actually stated I don't agree with him politically.

That's an interesting moral position to take. You are suggesting that no one can have discernment to separate child molesters from people you just don't agree with - they should all be treated the same. And there's no obvious moral difference between a known abuser of children and others you don't like. That's an interesting hill to plant your flag on, good luck with it.

As someone who has young daughters, I'll be sure to avoid people like you who don't seem to think that child molesters should go to a special kind of hell. Seriously, stay the hell away from me, you have issues.
              Hmm, just got back to this thread. Yes I read, and as we have in the past you're obviously not hearing what I'm saying and I wasn't responding to you, but rather the pushback toward Teens position.

I DO think there's a special place in hell for those like Epstein, but also for those like the Koch brothers and the point you missed (are missing) is that some of us thin the damage the koch brothers have done to our society is that egregious. I lump in Nazi's and racists into that wing of Hell, and while child molestors deserve a bit less of an accomodation in their special place, there ALL pieces of shit--which was my point. Epstein and the koches to me are crap and obviously to others as well.

It is not at all bad to wish bad things (even death) on bad people. Are you saying you wouldn't wish death upon someone who had hurt one of your daughters? If not, you are a more benevolent person than I. I'd not only wish it upon them, i'd take steps to see it done.

As for staying away from you--Yeah i've been doing that for years now, so if you wan't jut go back to ignoring my posts and we'll be fine.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think Koch, who actively sought the destruction of the planet and humanity with it for his own greed
                There's a good ~40% of the US that thinks global warming is phony or that human involvement is not the primary cause. They are completely wrong, and frankly stupid. "Actively" sought the destruction? I don't know, I won't defend the guy, I couldn't stand his politics or how he went about it, but I think he was likely just greedy and frankly wrong.
                But it comes down to the politics. The "right wing" is in the wrong here, and it's a huge err on their part. But it's a political discussion point.

deserves far worse than Jeffrey Epstein.
                No one deserves worse than someone who takes advantage of a child.

I consider the Koch brothers on par with Hitler
                Comparing anyone to Hitler is lazy and honestly insulting to Jewish people.

millions will die and be permanently displaced, and that's fact, not opinion or disagreement about policy. Be smarter.
                To suggest that any one person or corporation can cause that is to understate the problem massively.

I also think your assertion that GITH "doesn't think child molesters deserve a special place in hell" because he equated Koch with them is 100% idiotically fucking laughable!
                GITH brought up the child molesters and equated them, not me.

Calling GITH a child molester apologist
                Weird, I don't use the term apologist. Looks like you may be projecting

because you disagree on Koch's relative amount of evil
                You whiffed on the point yet again. GITH's assertion is that it is hypocritical to say that this thread title is morbid and he equated the two.

is what I would consider "fucking gross", but like you say, you do you!
                If you say so!

All of these "tone police" posts from right wingers
                Another whiff, I'm not policing you, in fact I noted that you can say what you want, I'm just pointing out that it's gross. It says more about you than anything, sadly.

Also, I'm not a right winger.

, who whine about my harshness towards scumbag public figures for years on end?
                It's strange that you take any comment that you don't like and call it whining.

Pathetic. Ken, you should fear more for your kids' future in the climate change hellscape we're entering due to purposeful right wing obfuscation.
                Yeah, you know absolutely nothing about me or my kids, so don't ever mention them again.
                I am very fearful about climate change and I can't stand how the right wing handles it. They are a huge problem right now.
                So again, don't type another word about my kids, you are out of line. You crossed a line here.

I wish you had 2 brain cells to rub together, but keep whining about language...
                Nice.

useless tool of the extinction propagaters, you is!
                Weird how you like to frame people who think your content is morbid as having a particular viewpoint. I am firmly on the side of global warming. But it's more convenient to argue when you try to put me on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Teenwolf,
                  to be balanced, perhaps you can acknowledge your joy in destroying a baseball fantasy site to serve your own ego.

The Baseball part is in another section, don't enter the porta potty if you don't like the smell. Seriously--is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Plus it's so very trumplike to blame the demise of something (real or perceived) on something you don't like even though it's factually incorrect.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ken-Doll
                    Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Teenwolf,

Maybe you could also acknowledge that inflammatory posts make up 5-10% of my content, and that I actually post as much reputable links and valid discussion as anybody rather than continuing to single me out as divisive?

If I stopped posting, that might honestly be the death knell. Or maybe it would thrive, I dont know! But I would certainly miss it on a personal level. I'm pretty much an OG RJ guy... I'm 36, and I joined as a teenager. Make no mistake, i fucking love this place.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Hmm, just got back to this thread. Yes I read, and as we have in the past you're obviously not hearing what I'm saying and I wasn't responding to you, but rather the pushback toward Teens position.
                        I was literally the first person to reply to this thread, and the others who replied quoted me, so to suggest that you weren't responding to me is odd, considering you stated "lot's" of people (there were 3 other than TW that had replied at that time). But sure, if you want to act like it wasn't responding to me you can play that game!

I DO think there's a special place in hell for those like Epstein
                        Fair enough

and the point you missed (are missing) is that some of us thin the damage the koch brothers have done to our society is that egregious. I lump in Nazi's and racists into that wing of Hell, and while child molestors deserve a bit less of an accomodation in their special place, there ALL pieces of shit--which was my point. Epstein and the koches to me are crap and obviously to others as well.
                        I think it's dangerous to equate political disagreement with crime and genocide. Global warming is a very divisive, political topic. Sadly too many people are dumb enough to be on the wrong side, I'm right there with you. But equating that with intentional genocide and abuse of children downplays the evil that the former two involve.

It is not at all bad to wish bad things (even death) on bad people. Are you saying you wouldn't wish death upon someone who had hurt one of your daughters? If not, you are a more benevolent person than I. I'd not only wish it upon them, i'd take steps to see it done.
                        I hope to never be in that position.

As for staying away from you--Yeah i've been doing that for years now
                        This was a passive aggressive way of replying to my post without actually replying to it, in my opinion, but fair enough.

Comment

The Baseball part is in another section, don't enter the porta potty if you don't like the smell. Seriously--is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Plus it's so very trumplike to blame the demise of something (real or perceived) on something you don't like even though it's factually incorrect.
                          I'd love JJ to address this point, as I am fascinated by those, like JJ, who think the site as a whole is ruined by the discourse in this sub-forum. I sincerely don't get it. I refrained from reading and posting in the Sports Bar for years for fear of interactions here coloring my thoughts of the baseball forums. I take breaks from this forum for the very reasons JJ and others cite, and may again for awhile. I sincerely don't get why others cannot do that or do not want to do that.

My confusion may stem form my not visiting these forums for many years while being on the baseball side. Is it that for many folks, participating in non-sports talk with others here has always been an essential component to coming to the site as a whole and contributing on the baseball side of things?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Really?
                            It's okay when someone on the left makes a joke about a homophobic joke. :smh:
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Gee, I wonder why Ken-Doll insinuating that GITH supports child molesters would offend someone who's spoken openly of their own sexual abuse history!
                              What the hell are you talking about? Me stating that child molesters are the worst kind of people imaginable, and equating them to anyone else is downplaying how despicable they are and just the comparison is vile and disgusting... offends you? What the actual hell?

That's gross Teenwolf. Absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Ken... the facts of climate change were coming into popular scientific discussion in the late 80's, and Koch brothers set up institutions and think tanks, etc. to purposefully deny and obfuscate the facts, in order to make money, yes, but it's not a "political disagreement" that we (you, me, every sane observer) believe climate change exists, and they simply don't. They exist specifically to DENY scientific truth! They're as bad as the scientists paid to deny health effects of cigarettes, or the scumbag pharma exec's who denied addictiveness of opioids... both groups caused millions of deaths, and deserve equal "placement in hell" or whatever ... it's not political disagreement, it's not being wrong. Its willful and knowing destruction and destabilization of humanity. This is why they deserve absolute outright loathing, and their death is worthy of celebration.

Comment

Working...
                                X