Koch Brothers, 1 down, 1 to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koch Brothers, 1 down, 1 to go

David Koch is dead. He was the less involved brother, and he had already retired.

Found this very interesting article about the Koch brothers hosting a climate change denial conference in 1991.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...ence-it-bought

"Kochland” is important, Davies said, because it makes it clear that “you’d have a carbon tax, or something better, today, if not for the Kochs. They stopped anything from happening back when there was still time.” The book also documents how, in 2010, the company’s lobbyists spent gobs of cash and swarmed Congress as part of a multi-pronged effort to kill the first, and so far the last, serious effort to place a price on carbon pollution—the proposed “cap and trade” bill. Magnifying the Kochs’ power was their network of allied donors, anonymously funded shell groups, think tanks, academic centers, and nonprofit advocacy groups, which Koch insiders referred to as their “echo chamber.” Leonard also reports that the centrist think tank Third Way quietly worked with the Kochs to push back against efforts to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, which could have affected their business importing oil from Canada. Frequently, and by design, the Koch brothers’ involvement was all but invisible.
    First, the Koch brothers themselves created an echo chamber to pile misinformation on top of more misinformation and change the narrative from one of science into one of political partisanship. Mission accomplished there. The conference itself was called “Global Environmental Crisis: Science or Politics?”

Oh, I also love the bit about Third Way in there. Big Elizabeth Warren backers this cycle.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Man, I don't agree with almost anything the Koch brothers support/push but this thread title is very morbid and disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Man, I don't agree with almost anything the Koch brothers support/push but this thread title is very morbid and disturbing.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I think the oligarchs who knew climate change was real, and despite knowing that it's real, push for 30 years to deny it, even as evidence becomes overwhelming, are the greatest threat to the survival of mankind. I think the US government should kill Bolsonaro, nationalize the carbon based industries, and attempt massive re-structuring of everything, but it's the oligarchs who will drive us right off the cliff. They all want to be riding the Titanic, as long as they've got first class seats, and life rafts.

Fuck him. I spit on his grave. Burn in hell motherfucker.

Nihilism is morbid and disturbing. That's just where I'm at. I dont believe humanity deserves to survive, given our basic and tribal ways of living. So I definitely don't believe a piece of shit world-destroying oligarch deserves any sympathy. But that's just me.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

All day I have been thinking about this disgusting thread, a thread which is a symptom of why I have lost virtually all emotional connection to rotojunkie...a site I once enjoyed more than anywhere else on the internet. A thread which is a symptom of the problems of today's society. A thread written by a cuck not even American. I truly wonder if the OP is willing to come from behind the safety of his computer and say the crap to people face-to-face, without a crowd of masked antifa standing behind him?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            All day I have been thinking about this disgusting thread, a thread which is a symptom of why I have lost virtually all emotional connection to rotojunkie...a site I once enjoyed more than anywhere else on the internet. A thread which is a symptom of the problems of today's society. A thread written by a cuck not even American. I truly wonder if the OP is willing to come from behind the safety of his computer and say the crap to people face-to-face, without a crowd of masked antifa standing behind him?
            "Masked antifa"? "Cuck"?

You have never posted an intelligent thought on politics. Stick to baseball.

Comment

By the way, Rotojunkie, your "former favourite site", started a forum called "Hot Button Topics" specifically to contain threads that might be controversial. If my content is too rage-inducing that you obsess over it for an entire day, maybe you should stick to the fucking baseball section, yeah?

My posting has no bearing on the direction of this site. I post my opinion and I state it as such. If Rotojunkie agrees that my posting crosses a line, they reserve the right to suspend or remove me. I'm glad you had a good emotional time over my insults towards a dead scumbag tho... priorities!

Comment

In terms of wondering if I would say these things to one's face, absolutely.

I went to protest the People's Party of Canada event held in my town. For Americans, PPC is the Canadian party for white nationalists, climate change deniers, and generally vile but predictable Trumpian politics.

There were about 40-50 protestors with signs, chanting, dancing, and talking with passerby. There were a grand total of about 30 supporters in my town of 100K who showed up to support PPC. In the middle of the event, one openly white nationalist loser went on Facebook live to antagonize protestors into taking a punch, but everyone literally laughed him back inside... At the end of the event, about 5 supporters aged 20-30 or so came out to talk with us. We told them that supporting white nationalists is a non-starter for us, and you know what happened? 1 of the 5 PPC supporters, a woman in her early 20's broke down bawling like a baby, whimpering "everybody keeps calling me a racist and I'm not a racist and I just don't understand..." 10 minutes of crying, while the organizer of the protest held her weeping and all of the protestors told her that it wasn't about her, it was about the party she supports. We spoke calmly with all 5 for an hour, before they went away ashamed and embarrassed.

So yeah, this "cuck" is only willing to show up with an army of "masked antifa"... to literally comfort crying right wing morons.

Comment

Pretty dark stuff, but I guess it’s where we are with political discourse in this country (and Canada apparently). If the moderators are ok with it, then it is what it is.

Comment

Lot's of hypocrisy in this thread, I didn't see this kind of pushback when Epstein killed himself (died). You may not equate the bad Epstein did to the Bad the Koch brothers have done (and continue to do) but some do.

Why is rejoicing when a bad person bites it a bad thing?

I mean, even the munchkins danced and sang when the wicked ol witch shuffled of her mortal coil.

It's NORMAL to be happy when bad things (even death) happen to bad folks.

All this kvetching is just hypocritical bulshit.

So YOU don't think Koch was that bad of a dude, understand that others think he is and in that Understand why they're celebrating that fact he's gone.

Or NEVER be ok with someone's death even a piece of shit sexual predator like Epstein.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                      Pretty dark stuff, but I guess it’s where we are with political discourse in this country (and Canada apparently). If the moderators are ok with it, then it is what it is.
                      Holy shit... are any of you on twitter or Facebook? I've seen 100 online comments that are WAY more celebratory than I was. Have you missed those? Yes, this is where we are! I celebrate the death of enemies of the future of humanity.

I thought personal attacks were the only real no-no on RJ, but I'm just a cuck, I wouldn't know much about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Holy shit... are any of you on twitter or Facebook? I've seen 100 online comments that are WAY more celebratory than I was. Have you missed those? Yes, this is where we are! I celebrate the death of enemies of the future of humanity.

I thought personal attacks were the only real no-no on RJ, but I'm just a cuck, I wouldn't know much about that...
                        FWIW, no, I am not on Twitter and have maybe 6 posts on Facebook in my life. If I am missing posts like yours, I don’t think I’m missing much.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                          FWIW, no, I am not on Twitter and have maybe 6 posts on Facebook in my life. If I am missing posts like yours, I don’t think I’m missing much.
                          Yeah, it's clearly too vicious for a sensitive soul like you.

I was surprised at the viciousness too, but I'm loving it.

Comment

Orange Panther ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'll tell you what DB. I have met several of my internet foes, even those from RJ and NONE of them puffed up at me. I was and will be whop I am online and off. I guarantee I'll be the same bombastic liberal to your face as I am here and I doubt yo0u'll do anything but say--hey you're a pretty cool dude and move on.

Cuz even Bhob, when given the chance---pussed out. And by that, I mean he wasn't the same over the top in your face personality he was on site.
                              Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 08-24-2019, 10:03 AM.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X