Which Draft Position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Draft Position?

This year, our league is picking their draft spots based on a pre-draft set of games. I have the 4th pick and the first three have been chalk, going 1-2-3.

12 team league. 1/2 pt PPR, passing tds = 4, everything else = 6. 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex

My potential keepers (can keep 2 - round kept in parenthesis): James Conner (11), Kenny Golladay (8), DJ Moore (9), Hunter Henry (13). I'm keeping Conner for sure and working on a deal that would send Henry/Moore for Thielen (6th round keeper). If that falls through, I'll likely keep Golladay or Henry.

Some of the league's keepers that won't be available: Kamara, Davante Adams, Chubb, Hill, JuJu.

So, given that and going in with at least Conner and one of Thielen/Golladay/Henry, should I:

1). Take the 4th pick, and take either Hopkins/Zeke (assuming Barkley/McCaf go 1-2) and target someone like Evans/Dalvin/Kerryon/Keenan Allen at the back end of the 2nd?

or:

2) Take a later pick (6 to 8ish?) and hope for 2 out of David Johnson, LeVeon, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Odell, Gurley and Mixon?

If you get Thielen as a 6th rounder, consider taking the highest draft slot possible so that you put Thielen at the end of the 6th round.

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    This year, our league is picking their draft spots based on a pre-draft set of games. I have the 4th pick and the first three have been chalk, going 1-2-3.

12 team league. 1/2 pt PPR, passing tds = 4, everything else = 6. 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex

My potential keepers (can keep 2 - round kept in parenthesis): James Conner (11), Kenny Golladay (8), DJ Moore (9), Hunter Henry (13). I'm keeping Conner for sure and working on a deal that would send Henry/Moore for Thielen (6th round keeper). If that falls through, I'll likely keep Golladay or Henry.

Some of the league's keepers that won't be available: Kamara, Davante Adams, Chubb, Hill, JuJu.

So, given that and going in with at least Conner and one of Thielen/Golladay/Henry, should I:

1). Take the 4th pick, and take either Hopkins/Zeke (assuming Barkley/McCaf go 1-2) and target someone like Evans/Dalvin/Kerryon/Keenan Allen at the back end of the 2nd?

or:

2) Take a later pick (6 to 8ish?) and hope for 2 out of David Johnson, LeVeon, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Odell, Gurley and Mixon?

Comment

I’d drop down to later in the first to get a better 2nd rd player. At 4, if Zeke is a holdout, you’ll get the same quality from 10-12.

Comment

Thanks Revo. I ended up just dropping down to #6. I'll get the best available out of Saquan/McCaffrey/Zeke/DJ/Hopkins/Julio and then hopefully, 12 picks later, one of ODB/Michael Thomas/Kelce/Dalvin Cook/Joe Mixon/Tyreek/Mike Evans/Kerryon/Aaron Jones is available.

Goal is to make it out of the first two rounds with stud WR/RB and then likely another RB in the 3rd.

Comment

There is a ton of hope in those 2nd rounders
          it looks like a handful of 1st/early 2nd rounders are being kept
          If you run through a list, you wont see anyone except maybe Kerryon or Jones getting back to you - so adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
          X