keeping Treinen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping Treinen?

10-team AL 5x5. I get 14 keepers next year, at least three of which have to be minor leaguers. This is the preliminary list:

SPerez 1B
    LeMahieu 5B
    MChapman 9opt
    JPolanco 15B
    Mancini 11B
    OMercado 5B
    Gallo 17X
    Bieber 5opt
    German 4B
    Snell 16/2021
    Wander Franco 8R
    Jo Adell 7R

So that leaves two slots. What do you think the chance is that Treinen 10X is better than all but one of the following?

JDMartinez 46X
    Pham 33B
    JUpton 17B
    Bassitt 5B
    Plesac 10B
    Workman 6B
    Carrasco 21B
    Manaea 5B
    Rutschman 6R
    Brujan 10R
    Willi Castro 5R
    Julio Rodriguez 5R
    Deivi Garcia 5R

If I cut him, I have to pay $10 into the prize pool, but this year I'm pretty likely to win so I'd get half of it back. If I wait until after the season it goes into next year's pool so it's more uncertain.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'm not sure I'm following -- do you have to cut him today, which would then force you to pay $10 real dollars? Or is this just a keeper question for next the off-season?

Comment

If I cut him before the end of this season, I have to pay $10 but I probably get half of it back in prizes. If I cut him after the auction next season, I don't have to pay the real money, but I do have to carry the $10 in my salary cap during the draft. If I keep him through the season but decide that I don't want to keep him before the auction, I have to pay $10 in a season where I'm much less likely to win.

The league entry fee is $200 so this isn't a relevant amount of money compared to the prizes, but I'd still rather not pay it if I don't think I'll need to.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        If I cut him before the end of this season, I have to pay $10 but I probably get half of it back in prizes. If I cut him after the auction next season, I don't have to pay the real money, but I do have to carry the $10 in my salary cap during the draft. If I keep him through the season but decide that I don't want to keep him before the auction, I have to pay $10 in a season where I'm much less likely to win.

The league entry fee is $200 so this isn't a relevant amount of money compared to the prizes, but I'd still rather not pay it if I don't think I'll need to.
        I'd rather have the auction budget...

Comment

Unfortunately he has not even been good in August. It would take a huge September and a lack of other options for the A's to restore him as closer in April.

I'd cut him this year and save the $5 personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            I'd rather have the auction budget...
            Agreed. The only way he'd be worth it if it's he's moved to another AL team to be their closer. Possible, but I'm not gambling $10 cap space on that.

Comment

Working...
            X